Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guacamole
    I personally disliked Moore's Dominionist bent
    I have identified your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
      “Dominionism is the theocratic idea that regardless of theological camp, means, or timetable, God has called conservative Christians to exercise dominion over society by taking control of political and cultural institutions. The term describes a broad tendency across a wide swath of American Christianity. People who embrace this idea are referred to as dominionists”.

http://www.politicalresearch.org/201....Ee3DjjIH.dpbs

It is the Christian version of ISIS and must be stopped at all costs.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Former boyfriend of Moore accuser who dated her around the time of the alleged assault says he doesn't believe her.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...t-believe-her/
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          “Dominionism is the theocratic idea that regardless of theological camp, means, or timetable, God has called conservative Christians to exercise dominion over society by taking control of political and cultural institutions. The term describes a broad tendency across a wide swath of American Christianity. People who embrace this idea are referred to as dominionists”.
          Hate filled anti-Christian bigots like you who come to Christian websites to spew forth your ignorance are referred to as s.

How bout going on an ISIS site and dealing with some of the people who really do believe in theocratic world domination? You're too much of a coward for that.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            You oppose the presumption of innocence on that basis?
            No. I oppose the presumption of innocence on the basis that these types of accusations have, more often than not of late, turned out to be true. My specific comment there was that I'm not reading through a thread where the first post references "cowardly cucks." It doesn't bode well for elevated discussion.

fwiw,
            guac.
            "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
            Hear my cry, hear my shout,
            Save me, save me"

Comment

• Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
              Nice work! Now repent.
              "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
              Hear my cry, hear my shout,
              Save me, save me"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Hate filled anti-Christian bigots like you who come to Christian websites to spew forth your ignorance are referred to as s.

How bout going on an ISIS site and dealing with some of the people who really do believe in theocratic world domination? You're too much of a coward for that.
                Enough of this, preacher, and way more than enough.

This is not a Christian website, and never was. You've been corrected on this before, and learned to mouth the right words, but it's never sunk in, and you keep going back to the same mistake. This site owes what success it once had to a philosophy of letting folks post things other folks find upsetting, so long as it wasn't explicitly blasphemous.

Atheists posting things against Christianity isn't some kind of special privilege here, for which we should be bowing, scraping, and humbly begging your pardon. It's why this site exists.

You're offended by atheistic thinking?

Find a Baptist board. Quit wrecking this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post

http://www.politicalresearch.org/201....Ee3DjjIH.dpbs

It is the Christian version of ISIS and must be stopped at all costs.
                  It's what Western Civilization was before you parasites started eroding it.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                    Quit wrecking this one.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                      Enough of this, preacher, and way more than enough.

This is not a Christian website, and never was. You've been corrected on this before, and learned to mouth the right words, but it's never sunk in, and you keep going back to the same mistake. This site owes what success it once had to a philosophy of letting folks post things other folks find upsetting, so long as it wasn't explicitly blasphemous.

Atheists posting things against Christianity isn't some kind of special privilege here, for which we should be bowing, scraping, and humbly begging your pardon. It's why this site exists.

You're offended by atheistic thinking?

Find a Baptist board. Quit wrecking this one.
                      In the sense that this website is Christian owned, largely Christian themed, and Christian moderated (with moderators having to agree to a general Statement of Faith), it is a Christian website. CP's statements to Tassman weren't a demand to leave the website, or a demand to restrict his ability to speak his mind on this forum, but a poking at his apparent inconsistent behavior. Tassman has recently been claiming that his only interest in damning religion, and debating on this forum has to do with political reasons. That outside of politics, he doesn't really think one way or the other about religion, and has a sort of live and let live mentality about it. He only started saying this recently and as a rebuttal to an argument that was put to him, and it doesn't really pan out for most of us. Tassman has a LONG record of debating Christians on Theologyweb on a number of issues not at all pertinent to politics over the years. Nor does it make much sense even if that were the case. Tassman's home nation of Australia is, according to him, a secular paradise, mostly free of any sort of Christian influence. He also lives in Thailand, but when asked if he ever debates Buddhists on Buddhist forums...you know, the sort of religion who's politics would be directly relevant to his life, he had no comment. I think CP's point is that, if Tassman's real concern is about how politics is shaped by religion, it's strange that he's attacking a rather soft target like Christianity, where public mockery is the order the day in the popular media of our period. There are Islamic extremists who are actively influencing politics in much more direct and overtly sinister ways right now. Again, if politics are the lynch pin of his hatred towards particular religious points of view, why isn't he engaging with Muslims on Muslim owned and moderated forums?

It seems obvious to most people Tassman debates on this forum that he has a very personal issue with Christianity in general, and despite his claims to the contrary, it's not just limited to it's diminishing influence on politics. He doesn't like it's history, it's dogma, it's doctrine, it's theology, it's philosophy. He doesn't trust it's proponents, it's apologists, it's scholars, it's teachers, preachers, and laymen. And that's perfectly fine. He's absolutely 100% allowed to voice his opinions about how much he hates it all. No one has a problem with that. It's this idea that, well, it's really only "Evangelicals" and their politics that get under his skin. That's not what his post history indicates, and even if that were true there are bigger issues in other religions, and some closer to home he can deal with.
                      Last edited by Adrift; 11-21-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• The 14-year-old finally did an interview yesterday. It was pretty lame, though, and undetailed. No hard questions were asked (e.g., the phone). For these reasons, I can't give any definitive opinion about whether she was telling the truth or not. But to me, the lady definitely seemed to be enjoying it.

She initially said that she did not feel molested or assaulted when she was young, and did not think in those terms. But later, when explicitly asked how Moore had damaged her, she talked about how Moore supposedly ruined her life. To me, that seemed like a contradiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                          No. I oppose the presumption of innocence on the basis that these types of accusations have, more often than not of late, turned out to be true. My specific comment there was that I'm not reading through a thread where the first post references "cowardly cucks." It doesn't bode well for elevated discussion.

fwiw,
                          guac.
                          Oh, the thread - I thought you meant the article itself.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                            In the sense that this website is Christian owned...
                            My bad. I normally say "Christian-run" website..... but you hit it pretty right on!

Comment

• Looks like the original accuser's story is starting to fall apart, at least more than it already has:

Source: Breitbart

Regarding the original court hearing where Corfman says that Moore asker her for her number while Wells went inside the courtroom, the Post reported that it “confirmed that her mother attended a hearing at the courthouse in February 1979 through divorce records.”

A thorough search of court documents finds one court case in February 1979—a case that took place on February 21, 1979. The Post failed to tell readers that at that February 21, 1979, court case Wells voluntarily gave up custody of Corfman to Corfman’s father, Robert R. Corfman. The two had been divorced since 1974. The custody case was amicable and involved a joint petition by both parents.

The Post further did not tell readers that as a result of the joint petition to change custody, the court ordered the 14-year-old Corfman to move to her father’s house starting on March 4, 1979. Court documents show the father’s address in Ohatchee, and not in Gadsden, where her mother lived and where Corfman says the meetings with Moore took place.

This would mean that from the court hearing on February 21, 1979, until Corfman was ordered to move to her father’s house, Moore would only have had 12 days, including the day of the court hearing, to have repeatedly called Corfman at her mother’s Gadsden house, arrange two meetings, and attempt another. Moore has strenuously denied the accusations.

While that timeline is theoretically possible, the Moore campaign stressed in a press conference today it is unlikely.

Ben DuPre, Moore’s former chief of staff on the Alabama Supreme Court, spoke today on behalf of the campaign. DuPre noted that “as best as we can tell” the February 21, 1979, case was the only court movement to have taken place that month. Breitbart News also could not find another court document from that month in 1979.

The disclosure raises questions about why that twelve-day window was not mentioned in the Post story or by Wells or Corfman in subsequent interviews. Neither Corfman nor Wells publicly mentioned the change in custody during the critical period where Moore was said to have arranged meetings with Corfman outside her mother’s home.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ons-roy-moore/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Don't know if you noticed but there has been a pronounced shift in the cultural/political winds since Weinstein. It appears that they plan on using it to go after Trump again but this time hoping it does much more damage.
                                Meh, it seems like a change in focus rather than an actual change in values. Sexual assault wasn't socially acceptable before, it's just more under the microscope.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment