Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would need to be something recent, in order to have much relevance. This is like that stupid George W. Bush DUI that came out a few days before the election.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
      Do you think a person who wouldn't vote for a rapist is morally superior to a person who would vote for a rapist? Do you think a person voting for a rapist is compromising their morals? Is there any crime a candidate who will vote as you wish them to do could have done that would stop you from voting for them?
      Like those who voted for Bill Clinton?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
        It would need to be something recent, in order to have much relevance. This is like that stupid George W. Bush DUI that came out a few days before the election.
        One difference. Moore claimed to be a Christian back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          That's critical. It's one thing to excuse someone's loathsome behavior who then has a come to Jesus moment, and quite another to excuse the unrepentantly loathsome behavior of someone who is supposedly a disciple. I'm skeptical of both the accusers and of Moore. There are far too many wolves in sheeps' clothing in this world, especially in the political sphere.
          "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
          Hear my cry, hear my shout,
          Save me, save me"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Absolutely! And he's dumb enough to pose for a PHOTO of his sexual groping stupidity!
            He's apologized. If he's going to be held to the same standard as Republicans, however, that's not nearly sufficient, and he should step down in penance.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yep... and there is not a shred of credible evidence that he acted illegally or immorally. You may not like that he seemed to prefer younger women, but that is not inherently immoral.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by guacamole
                That's critical. It's one thing to excuse someone's loathsome behavior who then has a come to Jesus moment
                Yeah, because Christians don't ever sin

Comment

• Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
                  Yeah, because Christians don't ever sin
                  Whosoever said that?
                  Save me, save me"

Comment

• Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                    That's critical. It's one thing to excuse someone's loathsome behavior who then has a come to Jesus moment, and quite another to excuse the unrepentantly loathsome behavior of someone who is supposedly a disciple. I'm skeptical of both the accusers and of Moore. There are far too many wolves in sheeps' clothing in this world, especially in the political sphere.
                    I wouldn't call Moore unrepentant; "I never did that" is a far cry from "there's nothing wrong with what I'm alleged to have done."
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I agree. I don't trust politicians in general. But then you have this bandwagon of accusations coming out of the woodwork, at a very inconvenient time and it just looks suspicious to me.

I don't know what to believe at this point, BUT if he did do any of it, the 14 y.o. or the dating of teenage girls, I think that is something that as a Christian he should have known better and been better and should not be running for public office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Yep... and there is not a shred of credible evidence that he acted illegally or immorally. You may not like that he seemed to prefer younger women, but that is not inherently immoral.
                        Yeah a grown man dating teenage girls in high school is immoral.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          I wouldn't call Moore unrepentant; "I never did that" is a far cry from "there's nothing wrong with what I'm alleged to have done."
                          It's a hypothetical, to be sure--my comment is in regards to if he does turn out to be guilty of assault. A Christian who slides into sexual violence needs to get his life in order before he engages in any sort of leadership. Claiming that it's okay because it was a long time ago and he has undoubtedly changed is not okay.
                          Save me, save me"

Comment

Yeah a grown man dating teenage girls in high school is immoral.
                            According to today's Western norms, yes.

sigpic

Comment

It's a hypothetical, to be sure--my comment is in regards to if he does turn out to be guilty of assault. A Christian who slides into sexual violence needs to get his life in order before he engages in any sort of leadership. Claiming that it's okay because it was a long time ago and he has undoubtedly changed is not okay.
                              Agreed. It's looking more and more like, even if Moore wins, he'll be promptly expelled from the Senate (it only takes a 2/3 majority vote to expel a seated Senator, the Republican Senate leadership has already repudiated him, and I don't see the Democrats voting to keep him there).

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                                Do you think a person who wouldn't vote for a rapist is morally superior to a person who would vote for a rapist?
                                What a dumb question.

Do you think a person voting for a rapist is compromising their morals? Is there any crime a candidate who will vote as you wish them to do could have done that would stop you from voting for them?
                                That wasn't what this was about, twist it though you may.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment