Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway, back to Roy Moore. More accusations are now coming out concerning the ex justice. More young girls accusing him of innapropriate behavior, another 14 year old accusing him of giving her alcohol. Whats up with the reddest of red states? The Governor there was thrown out of office for inappropriate sexual behavior, the Attorney General, Luther Strange, covered up for the Governors crimes and still felt comfortable enough to run for the Senate,, and the Chief Justice was thrown off the bench only to then run for the Senate also, only to then be accused of child sexual abuse.
    Last edited by JimL; 11-09-2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't call it "child sexual abuse", that's not really that accurate of a descriptor of the allegations.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        I wouldn't call it "child sexual abuse", that's not really that accurate of a descriptor of the allegations.
        Ah, thats exactly what it is. I'm assuming you haven't heard the young ladies full story as of yet?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Editing fail:
          Source: Report

The intensity of the reaction may partly reflect lingering bad feelings from the primary contest between Strange and Moore, held in late September, that pitted much of the Republican establishment — including President Donald Trump — behind Strange and the GOP's more conservative flank — including former Trump strategist Steve Bannon — behind Strange.

© Copyright Original Source

The problem with these allegations is that it seems entirely to be a 'he said, she said' situation. It is exceedingly unlikely that there is any evidence either way.
          That's true of virtually all these allegations, including those about Weinstein and Spacey. The possible exception is Trump, who personally boasted about grabbing women's genitals etc., with the strong implication that he actually did it.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            That's true of virtually all these allegations, including those about Weinstein and Spacey. The possible exception is Trump, who personally boasted about grabbing women's genitals etc., with the strong implication that he actually did it.
            weinstein admitted one incident on tape, so it's not just he said she said in his case. Trump is an exception because his accusers were proved liars in quick succession so it never stuck.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit
              I agree. Personally it wouldn't really bother me even if he did do it. *Attempted* fornication with a slightly underage girl, when he was single, 38 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                weinstein admitted one incident on tape, so it's not just he said she said in his case. Trump is an exception because his accusers were proved liars in quick succession so it never stuck.
                Weinstein claims the "incident" was consensual, something the victim denies. And Trump's accusers have NOT "been proved liars". The episodes have not yet been to court.

"During the course of his presidential campaign, more than 10 women came forward with accusations that Donald Trump had touched or kissed them without consent – something he bragged about on the infamous 2005 Access Hollywood tape when he said stars like him could “grab them by the [genitals]".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rvey-weinstein

This is the very same attitude of powerful people like Weinstein and Spacey believing that they can get whatever they want because the victim is powerless to object.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
                  I agree. Personally it wouldn't really bother me even if he did do it. *Attempted* fornication with a slightly underage girl, when he was single, 38 years ago?
                  So you think that "fornication" with an underage girl outside of marriage is consistent with a man who has pitched himself as a 'family values' conservative, who is very quick to condemn the behaviour of others...notably members of the LGBT community.

Comment

If his only (attempted) sins are 38 years old, that is an excellent sign of character.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
                      If his only (attempted) sins are 38 years old, that is an excellent sign of character.
                      But they're not. "He pursued two other teenaged girls, according to a bombshell Washington Post report published early Thursday afternoon".

AND: "The Post also spoke to three women who dated Moore briefly when they were between 16 and 18 and he was in his thirties. One said he first approached her at 14, and asked her for a date at 16, but her mother refused. Another recalled Moore buying her glasses of wine before she was of legal drinking age".

"Throughout his career, Moore has argued the nation needs to return to an earlier and more virtuous, God-fearing era. He has spoken thunderously against LGBT rights, even to the point of defying a federal courts".

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-moore/545471/

The man is a total hypocrite, quick to judge others and forgiving of his own lapses.

Comment

He allegedly pursued two other legally capable of consenting girls, with the approval of their mothers. a 32 year old dating a 16 year old is a bit weird but I'm fine with the 16 year old age of consent so it's not a major issue for me. He also (the horror) bought wine for his 18 year old date when the drinking age is 19 (the monster).

The alleged incident with the 14 year old is the only one even worth talking about. Which the other accounts actually testify against. He tries to make a 14 year old put her hand on his penis but doesn't try anything more than kissing with 18 year olds? The incident itself as described sounds like a "Dear Penthouse" letter. In an age where Hollywood moguls are making aspiring actresses watch while he masturbates into potted plants I guess anything is possible but a bit more is required for me.

I'm also not sure how he's a hypocrite either way. What does speaking out against sodomites have to do with this?
                        Last edited by Darth Executor; 11-10-2017, 12:10 AM.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

To me, the part about calling the 14-year-old on "the phone in [her] room" sounded fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

I'm also not sure how he's a hypocrite either way. What does speaking out against sodomites have to do with this?
                            He's a judgemental hypocrite who attempts to enforce so-called "family values", including against legitimate homosexual activity, whilst at the same time engaging in pedophile activity with an underage girl.

Comment

The feminist brainwashing is strong with you.

Comment

An important part of this story is his allies outing themselves as pro-pedophilia/pro-sexual assault.

County Chair David Hall thinks pedophilia is okay if it happened a long time ago and there's nothing wrong with a 30 year old dating a 16 year old.
                                County Chairs Jerry Pow and William Blocker said they would vote for a pedophile assuming the allegations were true.
                                County Chair Riley Seibenhener blames the child for being sexually assaulted.
                                State Auditor Jim Zeigler says that because Bible characters were pedophiles, it's okay in the modern age.

Comment