Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

National Anthem is Racist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to change our flag! It has White in it but no Black! That's racist!

=======================================

Fans wearing red, white, and blue at HS basketball game called ‘offensive’

The North HS b-ball squad is “filled with players who come from refugee families,” WHO adds.

Student leaders from Valley ended up hand-delivering an apology to North’s principal:

It has been brought to our attention that the decision by the Valley High School student section to wear U.S.A. apparel at our game last night was offensive to members of your community and fan base. We are deeply sorry if we have offended anyone in any way. We have traditionally dressed in such a fashion for great games such as the one last night. Everyone here at Valley has immense respect not only for your team and players but for your community as a whole. Please know that our intent was in no way to offend or demean—just to support our own team in a way we have done before.
    http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31602/

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      We need to change our flag! It has White in it but no Black! That's racist!

=======================================

Fans wearing red, white, and blue at HS basketball game called ‘offensive’

The North HS b-ball squad is “filled with players who come from refugee families,” WHO adds.

Student leaders from Valley ended up hand-delivering an apology to North’s principal:

It has been brought to our attention that the decision by the Valley High School student section to wear U.S.A. apparel at our game last night was offensive to members of your community and fan base. We are deeply sorry if we have offended anyone in any way. We have traditionally dressed in such a fashion for great games such as the one last night. Everyone here at Valley has immense respect not only for your team and players but for your community as a whole. Please know that our intent was in no way to offend or demean—just to support our own team in a way we have done before.
      http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31602/
      And FF thinks I need to "get a grip"?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        The left is determined to remove all American history and symbolism including the constitution. We need to load up some boats and ship them off to some communist country where they will be happy. Maybe North Korea. I don't think there is any constitution there, or any racist national anthems or flags, or confederate statues.

Comment

MY ANCHOR HOLDS AND GRIPS THE SOLID ROCK, FF. Sincerely sorry you lost yours.
          There is nothing wrong with my anchor, CP. I recently met an Indian Christian who worships the Hindu god Lord Ganesha. People and their gods, eh? They go to an ancient temple somewhere and build a little house out of a few stones. This is to tell the god what they want. And if they eventually get a home, they go back to thank the god.Lord Ganesha.jpg
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

No, FF is blatantly trolling, as per his usual. Must you keep feeding him?
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              No, FF is blatantly trolling, as per his usual. Must you keep feeding him?
              But but but... the rain falls on the just and... I mean... pearls before sw.... no, not that one.... um.....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But but but... the rain falls on the just and... I mean... pearls before sw.... no, not that one.... um.....

maybe something about fools and folly.

Comment

maybe something about fools and folly.
                  PLEASE don't ecourage OBP!

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    There is nothing wrong with my anchor, CP. I recently met an Indian Christian who worships the Hindu god Lord Ganesha. People and their gods, eh? They go to an ancient temple somewhere and build a little house out of a few stones. This is to tell the god what they want. And if they eventually get a home, they go back to thank the god.[ATTACH=CONFIG]24848[/ATTACH]
                    That person is in no way a Christian.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      That person is in no way a Christian.
                      It is not unusual for a Hindu to add the Christian God to his/her personal pantheon. Of course, as you note, that does not make them a Christian.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        It is not unusual for a Hindu to add the Christian God to his/her personal pantheon. Of course, as you note, that does not make them a Christian.
                        I remember in my younger days when I would run into Krishnas in the airport, and no matter what I told them I believed about Jesus or God, they believed that, too!

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          There is nothing wrong with my anchor, CP. I recently met an Indian Christian who worships the Hindu god Lord Ganesha.
                          At that point right there even you should realize that they cannot be considered a Christian of any stripe.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

explain.
                            The War of 1812 was a war in which neither side stood to gain much and neither side did actually get much of anything in the end, with the treaty essentially just reverting everything to the way it was before the war started... well, except for all the casualties, those people stayed dead. Everyone would've been better off not engaging in it to begin with, most especially all the people who died in it. A waste of time, money, lives, and property.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                              The War of 1812 was a war in which neither side stood to gain much and neither side did actually get much of anything in the end, with the treaty essentially just reverting everything to the way it was before the war started... well, except for all the casualties, those people stayed dead. Everyone would've been better off not engaging in it to begin with, most especially all the people who died in it. A waste of time, money, lives, and property.
                              IRC it did result in the British finally fully recognizing the U.S. as a separate sovereign nation and stopped them from forcibly impressing[1] American citizens from ships and ports (and seized American ships and cargo as well). Most historians place the number at around 10,000 Americans pressed into service in the Royal Navy.

Some historians also note that it really stoked patriotism and united the country like never before but New England, which was strongly against the war, actually took steps to secede, but they never went anywhere.

1. No, not as in to rouse or excite but to forcibly place into a "press gang" and make them serve on British warships (essentially enslave)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                IRC it did result in the British finally fully recognizing the U.S. as a separate sovereign nation and stopped them from forcibly impressing[1] American citizens from ships and ports (and seized American ships and cargo as well).
                                Well, sort of. The reason for the press gangs was the concurrent war with Napoleon. After he was defeated, there was no longer an urgent need for bodies to man ships. We were smart enough to quit before the British shifted their war machine to focus fully on us.

sigpic

Comment