Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.11.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.11.10

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing God...
    The Great Hand of God…
    Shalom!

This morning’s verse comes curtesy of the late James Ryle author of Rylisms. And is used by permission of his wife. I share it in its entirety because it has touched me in the deeps of my spirit and I would like that for you as well. Pray and believe in the Holy Spirit!

“He has hide me in the shadow of His Hand…” (Isaiah 49:2, NLT)

Too often in our happy charismatic world of blissful faith we fail to realize that shade is as necessary as sunshine. We want blue skies with only occasional puffy clouds, and the clouds should look like bunnies. No wind, at least not enough to mess with our hair; just a gentle breeze, please. Toss in a whole lot of flowers, and add some soothing worship music in the background — and let’s see now, um, oh yes, world peace.

But the truth is that life is much more random than this; much more reckless.

There is simply something indiscriminate about the fickle world in which we live. It rains on the just, and the unjust – literally, and figuratively. Good things happen to bad people; and bad things happen to good people.

Bad people prosper, while good people struggle to get by. Those who do wrong seem to skate by without consequence, while those who do well are often falsely accused and unjustly punished.

Folks who have journeyed some miles along Life’s uneven road will tell you that it is one of the great works of faith to see the darker seasons of life as the shadow of God’s hand. Rather than being far from us in those desperate moments, He is in fact so close that we are hidden in the shade caused by His nearness.

Sometimes God lifts us up to a great and noble purpose, wherein we find usefulness and fulfillment in virtually everything we touch. Other times He holds us back from high activities, even against our strong desires, and let’s light shine in other places while shadows pass over our own estate.

In the balance of things, we may at length come to see and appreciate that these are truly the greater moments of life. For in these hidden moments a deeper work is being accomplished that means far more to God than anything we may achieve when the band is playing, and the sun is shining.

Sometimes this is for our protection. For have you never lit a flame on a windy day? And did you not cup your hand in some manner to protect the flame from the fray? Might not God being, doing the same with you? Once the fire is lit, and the fuel is supplied, and the flame strong — then come, O wind and blow! For now, you will but make the fire even bigger!

Yet, for the moment, until the time is right, the Lord must hide the flame in the shadow of His hand.

There are mountains, and valleys there is daytime, and night, there is laughter, and tears this in this thing we call Life.

There are moments of fame, seasons of quiet there is fire in our bones, chilling respite.

There are times when we fly, times when we fall. The Great Hand of God at work in them all.
    years ago, G. H. Morrison, one of the Churches uncelebrated heroes, wrote, “It is the glory of God to hide a thing, and there are many choice places to hide them. He hides silver and gold deep in the heart of the mountains, rubies and diamonds down in the belly of the earth, and pearls in the depths of the sea. But His children, far more precious to Him than all things — them He hides under the shadow of His hand!”

Maybe, dear friend, might this be where the Lord has you right now?

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation

Hi Crusty! Blessed and insightful words directed by God’s unfailing right hand to people like me who wonder about these “in the shadow of His hand” things.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X