Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Planned Parenthood: A Superhero for Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so much misinformation, and falsehoods. most birth control methods will not stop STDs. the only 100% safe way to not get pregnant is abstinence but they don't want that truth to be known do they.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 11-10-2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
      so much misinformation, and falsehoods. most birth control methods will not stop STDs. teho nly 100% safe way to not get pregnant is abstinence but they do'nt want that truth to be known do they.
      well the teen is safe because she doesn't plan on getting any STDs... so there!

Comment

Superhero for Choice is here to ruthlessly murder those who dissent, deliver poorly phrased propaganda, and erect strawmen!
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

well this was clearly an actual Planned Parenthood video and not some counter-abortion video made to make them look bad.

I found two articles from back in 2005 when it was released

http://www.wnd.com/2005/08/31687/

http://www.mischel.com/diary///2005/08/12.htm
          (this one actually has a link to where the video used to be on the PPGG website. The video is not there now.)

PS - apparently after this fiasco and others, PP closed down the Golden Gate offices

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/us...arenthood.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            well this was clearly an actual Planned Parenthood video and not some counter-abortion video made to make them look bad.

I found two articles from back in 2005 when it was released

http://www.wnd.com/2005/08/31687/

http://www.mischel.com/diary///2005/08/12.htm
            (this one actually has a link to where the video used to be on the PPGG website. The video is not there now.)

PS - apparently after this fiasco and others, PP closed down the Golden Gate offices

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/us...arenthood.html
            I can't imagine why they would take this off their website

Comment

Man, forget Marvel and DC; they don't know nothin bout superheroes. PP's Superhero for Choice is my new favorite superhero. When will she get a movie?

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                Man, forget Marvel and DC; they don't know nothin bout superheroes.
                I'm struggling to tell the difference between PP and Marvel/DC these days, actually.

rnFASzz.jpg
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                  I'm struggling to tell the difference between PP and Marvel/DC these days, actually.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24855[/ATTACH]
                  They also made Captain America a hydra agent. People wonder why independent comics and webcomics are getting more viewership.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                    so much misinformation, and falsehoods. most birth control methods will not stop STDs. the only 100% safe way to not get pregnant is abstinence but they don't want that truth to be known do they.
                    Well, total abstinence as birth control only failed one time that I'm aware of, and that turned out OK.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      So she drowns the 'snidely whiplash evangelist' in a garbage can of full of water.....

If you can murder innocent babies, I guess it's OK to drown your opponents, too, not just stifling free speech, but killing them?.....

Are we sure this isn't an onion kind of thing, designed to make us look foolish for believing it's really from PP?
                      Seriously that was my first thought. That it is from a spoof site with a similar name designed to trick the gullible. I mean who could be so freaking idiotic?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Seriously that was my first thought. That it is from a spoof site with a similar name designed to trick the gullible. I mean who could be so freaking idiotic?
                        EGGzackly! But that's the thing - liberals tend to take it to extremes and become parodies of themselves.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          EGGzackly! But that's the thing - liberals tend to take it to extremes and become parodies of themselves.
                          Anyone can do that no matter the political affiliation. I have to say though living where I do stds are not always attained through intercourse. In fact quite a few people are born with them. The video ironically put it best when it said no one plans to get an std.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                            Margaret Sanger is no hero. Pandora Ramabai, Saint Bathilde, The virgin Mary, Jael, and thousands of others are.
                            Interestingly, Margaret Sanger herself was actually opposed to abortion, although that opposition seemed to come more from concern of its medical risks than belief it was wrong in and of itself. Nevertheless, her primary goal was to allow access to contraceptives to everyone, partially due to the belief that their usage would reduce abortions due to preventing unwanted pregnancies to begin with. Planned Parenthood only started performing abortions after her death.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                              Anyone can do that no matter the political affiliation.
                              True

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                                Interestingly, Margaret Sanger herself was actually opposed to abortion, although that opposition seemed to come more from concern of its medical risks than belief it was wrong in and of itself. Nevertheless, her primary goal was to allow access to contraceptives to everyone, partially due to the belief that their usage would reduce abortions due to preventing unwanted pregnancies to begin with. Planned Parenthood only started performing abortions after her death.
                                Yeah, she was adamantly opposed to abortion. Nevertheless, she was a big supporter of eugenics but then a surprising number of prominent folks, both liberal and conservative, were as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment