Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: An interesting development.

  1. #1
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,388
    Amen (Given)
    1093
    Amen (Received)
    1160

    An interesting development.

    My brother as I recently learned considers himself an agnostic. If I could find a way to talk to him about God in the areas I know he has questions about I may be able to help him. He has manic depression and I have been wanting to get him to read " The problem of pain" for a while now.

  2. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
  3. #2
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,951
    Amen (Given)
    737
    Amen (Received)
    12966
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    My brother as I recently learned considers himself an agnostic. If I could find a way to talk to him about God in the areas I know he has questions about I may be able to help him. He has manic depression and I have been wanting to get him to read " The problem of pain" for a while now.
    The good news is that as a general rule (obviously there are exceptions) being agnostic means he is probably open to evidence.

    I'm always still in trouble again

  4. #3
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,388
    Amen (Given)
    1093
    Amen (Received)
    1160
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    The good news is that as a general rule (obviously there are exceptions) being agnostic means he is probably open to evidence.
    The question is how do I introduce the evidence.

  5. #4
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,951
    Amen (Given)
    737
    Amen (Received)
    12966
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    The question is how do I introduce the evidence.
    The obvious first step is to find out what is the basis of his doubt.

    I'm always still in trouble again

  6. #5
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,388
    Amen (Given)
    1093
    Amen (Received)
    1160
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    The obvious first step is to find out what is the basis of his doubt.
    I think I know what that is. Namely the problem of evil and pain. A couple other canard too. If I can get him to read Lewis and Strobel.

  7. #6
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,951
    Amen (Given)
    737
    Amen (Received)
    12966
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    I think I know what that is. Namely the problem of evil and pain. A couple other canard too. If I can get him to read Lewis and Strobel.
    It would probably be better if you could present some of their points (be sure to practice!) and then suggest the books. Believe it or not he'll probably listen to you before he'll read any books you suggest.

    I'm always still in trouble again

  8. #7
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,388
    Amen (Given)
    1093
    Amen (Received)
    1160
    Good point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •