Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

An interesting development.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting development.

My brother as I recently learned considers himself an agnostic. If I could find a way to talk to him about God in the areas I know he has questions about I may be able to help him. He has manic depression and I have been wanting to get him to read " The problem of pain" for a while now.
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    My brother as I recently learned considers himself an agnostic. If I could find a way to talk to him about God in the areas I know he has questions about I may be able to help him. He has manic depression and I have been wanting to get him to read " The problem of pain" for a while now.
    The good news is that as a general rule (obviously there are exceptions) being agnostic means he is probably open to evidence.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The good news is that as a general rule (obviously there are exceptions) being agnostic means he is probably open to evidence.
      The question is how do I introduce the evidence.
      sigpic

Comment

The question is how do I introduce the evidence.
        The obvious first step is to find out what is the basis of his doubt.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          The obvious first step is to find out what is the basis of his doubt.
          I think I know what that is. Namely the problem of evil and pain. A couple other canard too. If I can get him to read Lewis and Strobel.
          sigpic

Comment

I think I know what that is. Namely the problem of evil and pain. A couple other canard too. If I can get him to read Lewis and Strobel.
            It would probably be better if you could present some of their points (be sure to practice!) and then suggest the books. Believe it or not he'll probably listen to you before he'll read any books you suggest.

Comment

Good point.
              sigpic

Comment