Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Lord of the Rings TV series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
    Did... did you hack my computer for that video of me?
    Sheesh guac, put some pants on already.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Sheesh guac, put some pants on already.
      pantsist.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        I'm sure it will be Silmarillion stuff; the question is, will it be First, Second, or Third Age?
        It might also be stuff set just before or around the time of The Hobbit

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

On a positive note, at least they're working with the Tolkien Estate. One can only hope they'll rein in the most egregious lapses.
          I hope so, I'm still recovering from the mess that Peter Jackson made of the Hobbit.
          I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
            I hope so, I'm still recovering from the mess that Peter Jackson made of the Hobbit.
            Saw the first third, didn't bother with the rest.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Honestly the news made me want to reach for a paper bag; either to breathe into because it's nearly anxiety-inducing, or to barf in, because of the Hobbit movies.

Hoping for Quenta Silmarillion

Or Aragorn backstory in service to Rohan and Gondor

Or the Rise and Fall of Numenor

Comment

The battle scene in the third kind of made me giggle.

2016-02-12-kirminai.jpg

Jackson added were-worms so every time I see this scene, I'm looking for blue-glowing eyes and orange sand.
                I am Punkinhead.

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                  The only good thing to come of the Hobbit trilogy (blech) was John Wright's hilarious review of the second movie.

Comment

My first impression of The Hobbit.
                    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by Rayado View Post
                      The only good thing to come of the Hobbit trilogy (blech) was John Wright's hilarious review of the second movie.
                      I thought their version of Dain was kind of funny though. Between the accent and his lines, I was laughing pretty hard.

tumblr_nk06d6DckF1u972r6o4_500.gif
                      I am Punkinhead.

Comment

I think they should do a LOTR TV show that mixes Middle Earth, Battlestar Galactica and the X-men. A band of superhero Wizards and Hobbitses that fight the evil Cylon-Saurons using their mutant powers of Magic, Invisibility, and Eating multiple breakfasts while flying around their battle cruiser Smaug, and using their fighter Eagles.

Comment

I think they should do a LOTR TV show that mixes Middle Earth, Battlestar Galactica and the X-men. A band of superhero Wizards and Hobbitses that fight the evil Cylon-Saurons using their mutant powers of Magic, Invisibility, and Eating multiple breakfasts while flying around their battle cruiser Smaug, and using their fighter Eagles.
                          I think there was an episode of Spaceballs The Animated Series like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                            I think there was an episode of Spaceballs The Animated Series like that.
                            Elf Powers Activate!

Comment

Wizards and hobbits are mostly bit players in the History of Middle-Earth, though.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You aren't missing much.

Edit: Although I will say that the side character Bilbo was well-cast and generally well-done. Too bad he didn't have a bigger part in the movies.
                                Last edited by Zymologist; 11-15-2017, 12:23 PM.
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X