Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

'Transracial' man born white feels like he is Filipino...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    Race is based on how society groups people by physical characteristics. Gender is based on how an individual behaves. One of those can only be changed by society, the other can be changed by any single person.
    Not true, both race and gender are based on physical traits AND how they behave. There's even words for people who act like another race (oreo, banana, wigger, etc.). Conversely, lots of trannies go through a lot of trouble to try and look like women so that they are recognized as such.

Let's face it, what you called the "lunatic fringe" more consistently follows progressive ideology than you do because progressive ideology IS lunatic fringe. There is no difference between transgender and transracial, you're just not woke enough to see it yet.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      So then someone can't be transgender then either?

Skin color doesn't really determine a social construct of race. There are very light skinned blacks, and very dark skinned caucasians for example.

If it is a social construct then there is no reason that someone can't just claim to be a different race. You are really reaching here PM and it shows. Since there is no actual race, then there is no need for some "medical procedure"
      The idea of a President is also a social construct, but just because you decide that you're the President doesn't mean society agrees with you. I mentioned medical procedures because when a society arbitrarily delineates race it takes both physical characteristics and place of ancestry into account. I mentioned a medical procedure because things like skin whitening and ethnic plastic surgery exist. Being transgender is entirely unrelated because sex is not a social construct and while gender is a social construct it is determined by an individual rather than society.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        Not true, both race and gender are based on physical traits AND how they behave. There's even words for people who act like another race (oreo, banana, wigger, etc.). Conversely, lots of trannies go through a lot of trouble to try and look like women so that they are recognized as such.

Let's face it, what you called the "lunatic fringe" more consistently follows progressive ideology than you do because progressive ideology IS lunatic fringe. There is no difference between transgender and transracial, you're just not woke enough to see it yet.
        No matter how you behave you can't convince society that you're black. However, by changing how you behave (or maybe you don't need to change, I don't know you in real life) you can convince society that you are feminine, as opposed to masculine, or even nonbinary.

Comment

No matter how you behave you can't convince society that you're black.
          Used to be that no matter how you behave you couldn't convince society a man is actually a woman (or vice versa). Times have changed.

However, by changing how you behave (or maybe you don't need to change, I don't know you in real life) you can convince society that you are feminine, as opposed to masculine, or even nonbinary.
          Because the culture has changed, not because society is inherently unpersuadable of this lunacy.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

No matter how you behave you can't convince society that you're black. However, by changing how you behave (or maybe you don't need to change, I don't know you in real life) you can convince society that you are feminine, as opposed to masculine, or even nonbinary.
            sorry no. a man putting on a dress, prancing around calling himself Mabel doesn't convince anyone that he is a woman. He is still a man in a dress.

Comment

Used to be that no matter how you behave you couldn't convince society a man is actually a woman (or vice versa). Times have changed.
              Race is a social construct and sex is a biological fact. They incomparable.

Because the culture has changed, not because society is inherently unpersuadable of this lunacy.
              No matter what point in time you choose, people had ideas of what behavior was masculine, feminine, or androgynous. A person of any sex could behavior in such a way as to have society call them any gender.

EDIT: When I say sex is a biological fact I mean there are merely biological factors involved. Human sex is not a binary.
              Last edited by Psychic Missile; 11-14-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

sorry no. a man putting on a dress, prancing around calling himself Mabel doesn't convince anyone that he is a woman. He is still a man in a dress.
                You're conflating sex and gender. I was talking specifically about gender.

Comment

The idea of a President is also a social construct, but just because you decide that you're the President doesn't mean society agrees with you. I mentioned medical procedures because when a society arbitrarily delineates race it takes both physical characteristics and place of ancestry into account. I mentioned a medical procedure because things like skin whitening and ethnic plastic surgery exist. Being transgender is entirely unrelated because sex is not a social construct and while gender is a social construct it is determined by an individual rather than society.
                  President isn't a social construct. It is a legally elected office. That is why you can't decide to be President.

but if race doesn't actually exist, then physical characteristics don't actually count as race. So no surgery is necessary.

This woman has all of the physical characteristics of a black person but guess what? She is Caucasian.

maxresdefault.jpg

Comment

You're conflating sex and gender. I was talking specifically about gender.
                    So am I.

Comment

President isn't a social construct. It is a legally elected office. That is why you can't decide to be President.

but if race doesn't actually exist, then physical characteristics don't actually count as race. So no surgery is necessary.

This woman has all of the physical characteristics of a black person but guess what? She is Caucasian.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24932[/ATTACH]
                      If you don't think the office of President is a social construct then you don't understand what the phrase "social construct" means. The title doesn't exist unless our society decides it exists. Gravity is not a social construct, and even if we all decide it doesn't exist, it still does. Physical characteristics count as race if that is what society has decided.

So am I.
                      Then you wouldn't have been talking about whether or not society sees someone as a woman when I was just talking about whether or not society sees someone as feminine.

Comment

Race is a social construct and sex is a biological fact. They incomparable.
                        We were talking about gender, not sex.

No matter what point in time you choose, people had ideas of what behavior was masculine, feminine, or androgynous. A person of any sex could behavior in such a way as to have society call them any gender.
                        Wrong, the very idea of gender is a recent social construct, created by leftists to push degeneracy on society. Behaving in a feminine manner would just have had people mock you for being feminine, they would not think you're an actual woman.

Human sex is not a binary.
                        Human sex is binary. The existence of disorders that merge the two does not mean it's not binary. Hermaphrodites are still a composite of the two human sexes.

Comment

We were talking about gender, not sex.
                          Whether or not someone is a man or a woman involves sex, not gender.

Wrong, the very idea of gender is a recent social construct, created by leftists to push degeneracy on society. Behaving in a feminine manner would just have had people mock you for being feminine, they would not think you're an actual woman.
                          Gender performance has nothing to do with whether or not people think you're a man or a woman. It has to do with whether or not people think you conform to gender roles.

Human sex is binary. The existence of disorders that merge the two does not mean it's not binary. Hermaphrodites are still a composite of the two human sexes.
                          The existence of a composite proves that sex isn't binary. Binary means two, and a composite is a third status.

Comment

If you don't think the office of President is a social construct then you don't understand what the phrase "social construct" means. The title doesn't exist unless our society decides it exists. Gravity is not a social construct, and even if we all decide it doesn't exist, it still does. Physical characteristics count as race if that is what society has decided.

Then you wouldn't have been talking about whether or not society sees someone as a woman when I was just talking about whether or not society sees someone as feminine.
                            but I thought "male" and "female" were sex, and "man" and "woman" were gender? Can you guys make up your minds?

Please describe the proper terms and conditions regarding the difference in sex and gender.

Comment

PM you totally ignored this part of my previous post:

============

if race doesn't actually exist, then physical characteristics don't actually count as race. So no surgery is necessary.

maxresdefault.jpg

Comment

It has to do with whether or not people think you conform to gender roles.
                                Aren't gender roles sexism?

You don't seem to have a really good grasp on this whole liberal thing PM.

Comment