Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gun Confiscation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Confiscation...

At least one leftist is saying out loud what they are all thinking...

Ultimately, if gun-control advocates really want to stanch the blood, there’s no way around it: They’ll have to persuade more people of the need to confiscate millions of those firearms, as radical as that idea may now seem.

David Scharfenberg is an editorial writer and staff writer for the Boston Globe

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...r-your-weapons
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Considering how often they cite Australia and their gun confiscation as a model of what works it isn't really all that unspoken.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Hey if they pay $500 a gun, I will go down to walmart and buy up a bunch of $200 shotguns and make a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Hey if they pay $500 a gun, I will go down to walmart and buy up a bunch of $200 shotguns and make a profit.
        Several years ago here in Atlanta one of the local news outlets (which owns the biggest TV station, AM radio station and the city newspaper) offered tickets to a Janet Jackson concert in exchange to anyone who turned in a firearm. During the 6:00 news they had an ecstatic reporter on live next to a line of people ready to participate and started interviewing them. Of the three people she interviewed one said that they just bought a derringer for about half of what the tickets would cost him, another said that they were trading in an old rusty firearm and the last one said that she was exchanging her grandmother's pistol for tickets (no indication if the grandmother was aware of this). The crestfallen reporter quickly cut the interviews short.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The Liberals did this in Canada a while back. Handguns were already restricted (not that that stopped the bad guys and nuts), so they went after the long guns.

I guess they didn't confiscate them, but if you didn't register your shotgun/rifle/grandpa's musket by a certain date they came after you.

The following Conservative gov repealed the thing. It was costing billions of dollars and nobody seemed to know what the heck they were doing.

Consider this when you realize that Canada is only one tenth the population of the States.

It will be a boondoggle and cost more than you want it to.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

We have over 300 million guns. Just from a logistics standpoint finding them would be a nightmare. Also how exactly do you think people will take those guns without guns?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
              We have over 300 million guns. Just from a logistics standpoint finding them would be a nightmare. Also how exactly do you think people will take those guns without guns?
              A gun virus!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Several years ago here in Atlanta one of the local news outlets (which owns the biggest TV station, AM radio station and the city newspaper) offered tickets to a Janet Jackson concert in exchange to anyone who turned in a firearm. During the 6:00 news they had an ecstatic reporter on live next to a line of people ready to participate and started interviewing them. Of the three people she interviewed one said that they just bought a derringer for about half of what the tickets would cost him, another said that they were trading in an old rusty firearm and the last one said that she was exchanging her grandmother's pistol for tickets (no indication if the grandmother was aware of this). The crestfallen reporter quickly cut the interviews short.
                Yeah, guy buy-back programs are .. um... make less sense than daylight saving time.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  It will be a boondoggle and cost more than you want it to.
                  So, no different than any other government program?
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Well hey, at least a gun buyback is done for our own safety.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Yeah, guy buy-back programs are .. um... make less sense than daylight saving time.
                      Daylight Saving Time is amazingly efficient compared to what it replaced.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        Well hey, at least a gun buyback is done for our own safety.

sigpic

Comment

Kinda like Obamacare - the compassion of the IRS, the efficiency of the US Postal Service* and at Pentagon style pricing.

*which just announced it lost HOW MANY BILLIONS of Dollars?!?!?!?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                            That would actually be the easy part. All you need is a lot of beer and a bunch of video cameras. Nature will take care of the rest.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Daylight Saving Time is amazingly efficient compared to what it replaced.

But, but, but.... Does anybody really know what time it is?

Comment