Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gun Confiscation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Daylight Saving Time is amazingly efficient compared to what it replaced.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

What Time is it? Ken Nordine
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Given the chaos that can come from diverse local timekeeping practices, timekeeping is one thing I don't mind the federal government setting.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Given the chaos that can come from diverse local timekeeping practices, timekeeping is one thing I don't mind the federal government setting.
          Diversity is desirable!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Yeah, guy buy-back programs are .. um... make less sense than daylight saving time.
            Wasn't there a story about some buy-back program that turned around and sold the guns they took in?

here:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...yback-program/

Comment

I feel pretty comfortable saying an actual nationwide confiscation is never happening, not in this century. Obviously there are some people who would like to see it happen but given the sheer number of people who are literally willing to die to protect their right to bear arms and that the US's culture is completely different from, say, Australia in that regard - not happening. Somebody could try it if they wanted to provoke a second civil war.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                I feel pretty comfortable saying an actual nationwide confiscation is never happening, not in this century. Obviously there are some people who would like to see it happen but given the sheer number of people who are literally willing to die to protect their right to bear arms and that the US's culture is completely different from, say, Australia in that regard - not happening. Somebody could try it if they wanted to provoke a second civil war.
                Pretty much.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  Well if they had a trade-in Gun for Light Saber, I bet you would get a lot of business.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    Diversity is desirable!
                    Train wrecks aren't.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Several years ago here in Atlanta one of the local news outlets (which owns the biggest TV station, AM radio station and the city newspaper) offered tickets to a Janet Jackson concert in exchange to anyone who turned in a firearm. During the 6:00 news they had an ecstatic reporter on live next to a line of people ready to participate and started interviewing them. Of the three people she interviewed one said that they just bought a derringer for about half of what the tickets would cost him, another said that they were trading in an old rusty firearm and the last one said that she was exchanging her grandmother's pistol for tickets (no indication if the grandmother was aware of this). The crestfallen reporter quickly cut the interviews short.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The anti-gun nuts never seem to realise that Switzerland exists. Switzerland mandates gun ownership for citizens, and yet has one of the lowest murder rates in the world.
                        My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

It would be interesting to have a rational discussion of gun control, confiscation, religion, or any other controversial subject we see here. Almost universally we see extreme statements to counter other extreme statements (I am guilty here as well as most posters).

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                            The anti-gun nuts never seem to realise that Switzerland exists. Switzerland mandates gun ownership for citizens, and yet has one of the lowest murder rates in the world.
                            If Switzerland were my best argument for anything, I'd never argue it.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              If Switzerland were my best argument for anything, I'd never argue it.
                              Two words.

Swiss. Chocolate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Two words.

Swiss. Chocolate.
                                Three words: you need glasses.

I admit, that's the first time you've ever mistaken me for Mossy...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment