Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanksgiving is on a Thursday This Year!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Y'hoshua and I get to go to a professor's house tonight for HLS Christian Fellowship Thanksgiving!

I hope he has yams.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
      Well, Y'hoshua and I get to go to a professor's house tonight for HLS Christian Fellowship Thanksgiving!

I hope he has yams.
      Um, I'm not sure why you're having yam issues but a number of farms sell them up there if the grocery stores don't.

Yams and sweet potatoes are the same thing. They are also super easy to cook. Anything you can do with an Irish potato can be done with a sweet potato.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Um, I'm not sure why you're having yam issues but a number of farms sell them up there if the grocery stores don't.

Yams and sweet potatoes are the same thing. They are also super easy to cook. Anything you can do with an Irish potato can be done with a sweet potato.
        Except for the brown sugar and marshmallow thingy that some people seem to be so fond of.

Icky with Russets!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I know. I specifically mean candied yams that I always eat with my turkey (or chicken, like at Boston Market).

I don't have my grandmother's recipe for her candied yams so I haven't bothered to make any.

Plus Y'hoshua hates marshmallows and nuts are expensive.

I've bought sweet potatoes before. I usually just bake 'em. I'm actually a pretty good cook, plus I worked at a grocery store before, lol.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Except for the brown sugar and marshmallow thingy that some people seem to be so fond of.

Icky with Russets!
            I didn't say that vise versa was a good idea...
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
              I know. I specifically mean candied yams that I always eat with my turkey (or chicken, like at Boston Market).

I don't have my grandmother's recipe for her candied yams so I haven't bothered to make any.

Plus Y'hoshua hates marshmallows and nuts are expensive.

I've bought sweet potatoes before. I usually just bake 'em. I'm actually a pretty good cook, plus I worked at a grocery store before, lol.
              Ah, okay.

FYI you can skip both the marshmallows and the nuts. Meringue can be substituted for marshmallows if you want.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Not all sweet potatoes/yams are the same. The flavor and sweetness is quite variable.

I once made a potato pie with a regular potato just to see what would happen. Okay, but not a real potato pie.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  Not all sweet potatoes/yams are the same. The flavor and sweetness is quite variable.
                  Sure, but they are interchangeable names for the vegetable, just not the various cultivars.

Originally posted by Jed
                  I once made a potato pie with a regular potato just to see what would happen. Okay, but not a real potato pie.
                  Um, I think you left out an adjective or two.

FYI: Irish potatoes are great in Shepherd's Pie. Sweet potatoes, not so much...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I made a "sweet potato pie" only once. I love me a real sweet potato pie.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      "Which category", as in singular?
                      You know, in spite of being my older little twin brother I can still whup you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Sure, but they are interchangeable names for the vegetable, just not the various cultivars.

Um, I think you left out an adjective or two.

A friend of mine from Kenya infactly disagreed that yams and sweet potatoes were the same thing. He insisted that in Africa yams were something entirely different from what we have here.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          A friend of mine from Kenya infactly disagreed that yams and sweet potatoes were the same thing. He insisted that in Africa yams were something entirely different from what we have here.
                          Huh, whatta you know - they in fact are different things.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment