Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Yet another mass shooting in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m just confused. I see more anger and indignation on here for gays and cross dressers than I do for mass murderers.

We have another mass shooting thread, and I see the same ‘he way a crazy guy’, ‘he was under suspicion/found guilty of x crime/misdemeanour, but no one caught him, if only we enforced the laws we already have’ posts, than I actually see anger and frustration at the fact that he wasn’t caught and had his guns taken off him, even though there was probable cause to do so- and then lots of people were killed or injured.

Granted, as far as I can see the Las Vegas shooter was an outlier, but you guys have enough mass murders that the point remains.

The only people I see actually frustrated by the current state of affairs are the ‘gun grabbing gouls’, than you lot. And I don’t get it. You hate these killings too, and you also acknowledge that many can be avoided by applying current laws- why aren’t you more angry? Why aren’t you demanding change in policing and government to ensure that someone is actually held accountable for these avoidable killings? Even without a total gun ban many of these are avoidable. I don’t get it.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
      I’m just confused. I see more anger and indignation on here for gays and cross dressers than I do for mass murderers.
      That is because we don't have murderers trying to indoctrinate our children into accepting homosexuality and cross dressing as perfectly normal. This is a well funded movement to change the mores of a nation, these murders are isolated events - as horrible as they are.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        That is because we don't have murderers trying to indoctrinate our children into accepting homosexuality and cross dressing as perfectly normal. This is a well funded movement to change the mores of a nation, these murders are isolated events - as horrible as they are.
        Isolated avoidable events. I think I’ve seen you too saying that these are avoidable if we enact current gun laws so no need for new ones. Why aren’t you crying out for people to be accountable for these isolated events? And even isolated is a strange term considering the fact they appear to be endemic- the regularity is hardly what would be normally considered isolated by any reasonable definition of the term.

I also note you ignored the rest of the post- why aren’t you more angry with the lack of what control is in place? Why when you and others point out that current laws aren’t enforced do you seem so passive about it?

Comment

That's because we're always put on the defensive whenever a mass murder happens. And because the mass murderers usually die or are arrested and there's little left to discuss about them (except the commonality of leftist demographics among them)

The only people I see actually frustrated by the current state of affairs are the ‘gun grabbing gouls’, than you lot.
          The "current state of affairs" they are frustrated about is not the mass murders (in fact many mass murders are ignored when the demographics are inconvenient, black americans commit almost half of murders but you almost never have a gun control debate around those, it's a miracle if they get serious mention in the MSM at all), it's that conservatives have guns. It's why they viciously attack people on the right, like the NRA, instead of attacking the mass murderers themselves. There is actually no indication that gun grabbers think mass murderers have any agency or culpability of their own at all. So your first sentence applies to the gun grabbers just as much as it does to us, just replace gays and cross dressers with gun owners and second amendment supporters.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Isolated avoidable events. I think I’ve seen you too saying that these are avoidable if we enact current gun laws so no need for new ones. Why aren’t you crying out for people to be accountable for these isolated events? And even isolated is a strange term considering the fact they appear to be endemic- the regularity is hardly what would be normally considered isolated by any reasonable definition of the term.

I also note you ignored the rest of the post- why aren’t you more angry with the lack of what control is in place? Why when you and others point out that current laws aren’t enforced do you seem so passive about it?
            Given the population of the US, the sheer size of the country, the huge amount of diversity (ethnic and otherwise), and the fact that there are ~300 million guns in the country, are "endemic" and "regular" better descriptors than "isolated?"
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

No one is defending mass murderers. It's pretty much a given that mass murders cause universal anger and indignation. Is there some reason that needs to be expressed? Further, the anti-gun control people typically say, "blame the murderer, not the gun." Why doesn't that count?
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean, I do want these killers brought to justice and I do want gun laws to be enforced.

Not passive...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Besides that I do not see anyone here going soft on mass murderers. We do have liberals soft on all that other stuff.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

You must not have been reading all the posts here calling for existing laws to be enforces, and for severe penalties for use of a gun in any way in any crime.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        You must not have been reading all the posts here calling for existing laws to be enforces, and for severe penalties for use of a gun in any way in any crime.
                        yeah
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think mass shooters are mostly demon possessed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            Besides that I do not see anyone here going soft on mass murderers. We do have liberals soft on all that other stuff.
                            Yeah conservatives are all for harsh prison sentences and the death penalty in the most severe cases. Jed and I even proposed in another thread that one way that might help stop gun violence is to increase the minimum penalties to be very severe if a gun is used in a crime.

On the other hand the liberals, like for example Starlight, complain that the death penalty is wrong, and that we put too many people in prisons and should let them out or not give such harsh sentences. Putting known criminals back on the street because of "overcrowding" is just asking for more crime. Build more prisons.

Comment

Perhaps another form of punishment* for a lot of non violent crime. Heavier penalties for drug sales and less or none from not violent users? Labor camps for white collar crimes? Any other suggestions to minimize prison populations?

*And I do mean punishment. The whole theory of prisons reforming most inmates is baloney. I support prison ministries since that has a far better success rate than normal incarceration.

Comment

All crimes should be based on the Bible. And whether a person accomplishes crime with a gun, or with something else, should have no bearing on the punishment. You're theorizing like a liberal. The reason why we have mass shootings is because we tolerate murder and witchcraft in our midst, and God is cursing us.

Comment