Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Yet another mass shooting in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
    All crimes should be based on the Bible.
    I'm thinking you mean the punishment for those crimes.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I mean the definitions of crimes, punishments of crimes, and methods of proving crimes.

Comment

I mean the definitions of crimes, punishments of crimes, and methods of proving crimes.
        oh
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Methods of proving crimes?

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
            Deuteronomy 19: 15 “A single witness shall not rise up against a man on account of any iniquity or any sin [q]which he has committed; on the [r]evidence of two or three witnesses a matter shall be confirmed. 16 If a malicious witness rises up against a man to [s]accuse him of [t]wrongdoing, 17 then both the men who have the dispute shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges who will be in office in those days. 18 The judges shall investigate thoroughly, and if the witness is a false witness and he has [u]accused his brother falsely, 19 then you shall do to him just as he had intended to do to his brother. Thus you shall purge the evil from among you. 20 The rest will hear and be afraid, and will never again do such an evil thing among you. 21 Thus [v]you shall not show pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

I think he's talking about this.

Comment

Translation: evidentiary procedure. See Cere's post for the particulars.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I’m just confused.
                We agree!!!

Why don’t you guys enforce the gun laws already in place? What possible reason is there? Why aren’t the proverbial heads rolling?
                Like Darth brought up, why don't you ask same questions about gun violence of blacks in inner cities?
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Wasn't Obsidian the one who argued that computer hacking shouldn't be illegal because the Bible never specifically mentions it?
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    Wasn't Obsidian the one who argued that computer hacking shouldn't be illegal because the Bible never specifically mentions it?
                    I’m more concerned that someone with his extreme beliefs is apparently a lawyer. I feel sorry for his clients.

Comment

I’m more concerned that someone with his extreme beliefs is apparently a lawyer. I feel sorry for his clients.
                      "Your honour, I see you had a prawn sandwich for lunch. I demand an adjournment until you have cleansed your soul."
                      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment