Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should Al Franken Resign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the liberals saying that Leean Tweeden has accepted Franken's apology, and so we should all just forget the whole thing, a recent radio interview sure doesn't make it sound like she's accepted it. She describes him as "relentless" and compares him to Harvey Weinsten:

Source: Breitbart

"And he actually got more … as I tell this, I’m getting worked up and I’m shaking … as he — it reminded me, remember when we played the Harvey Weinstein — when the girl in New York actually wore the wire and we listened to him, and the only audio we heard of Harvey Weinstein and he was very aggressive and very relentless …

"Yes, it was relentless, that’s what I could hear in his voice. He started getting relentless, and I’m like, why is he insisting that we have to rehearse the damn kiss?"

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...in-relentless/

© Copyright Original Source

Remember, Franken never apologized for the kiss or for harassing Tweeden throughout the rest of trip. In fact, he never even denied it. In his Facebook "apology", he wrote, "I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does." Yeah, I bet he doesn't remember it the way she does.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      It seems like not everybody was fooled by Franken's ingratiating "apology":

Source: The Gateway Pundit

Two prominent members of Minnesota’s Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party are calling on Sen. Al Franken to resign his Senate seat following allegations of sexual misconduct.

Although many other Democrats have called the former comedian’s actions disturbing, state auditor Rebecca Otto and Megan Thomas, president of the party’s official Feminist Caucus, say he should leave office.

Otto, a candidate for governor in Minnesota, said in a statement that “I believe it’s in the best interest of Minnesotans and of women everywhere for Senator Franken to resign, and to set an example to powerful men across America that sexual harassment will not be tolerated.”

Thomas, meanwhile, told the Washington Examiner that Franken’s misconduct was “every woman’s nightmare on a bus.” In a Facebook post, the longtime party organizer wrote that while she appreciated his progressive vote record, the fear Franken will instill in women is enough reason for his departure.

“The ‘political’ answer is to wait and not overreact. But I also know that the next time I see him in person I will, however fleeting or unneeded, be afraid because of what he is doing in that picture. No one should fear their elected representatives, so, sadly, for me, I think the Senator should resign,” she wrote.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...ranken-resign/

Former Obama White House Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett added her name Thursday to the list of Democrats criticising under-fire Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) to step down after he was accused of committing sexual assault in 2006.

“Just imagine your mom, spouse, sister or daughter in this photo. Not so funny now, is it?” Jarrett tweeted alongside an image capturing Franken’s groping of journalist Leeann Tweeden on a two-week USO tour.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...t-allegations/

On Thursday’s “MSNBC Live,” Senator Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) denounced Senator Al Franken’s (D-MN) behavior as unacceptable and stated she will donate campaign contributions received from him to an organization for women veterans.

Baldwin said, “Well, this type of behavior isn’t acceptable whether it’s from a Democrat or a Republican or an independent. And I am glad that it is going to the Ethics Committee in the Senate for an investigation. I think that is appropriate, and I will say, for my part, I will be donating campaign contributions from Senator Franken to a Women’s Veteran Initiative in the state of Wisconsin.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...eterans-group/

Of course we all know that a Senate ethics committee investigatiosn are a sham, so I'm sure Franken is mopping his brow in relief right now that he got off so easy. But I have to wonder, suppose it was Trump in that picture and not Franken... what would the response have been?
      While other liberals circle the wagons.

Yesterday on CNN Newsroom host Brooke Baldwin started by noting how the charges is from "years and years ago" (2006) and that he was a "private citizen at the time." CNN's chief political analyst Gloria Borger responded by agreeing saying "He was not a member of the Congress at the time this occurred. He was just a comedian."

IIRC, this was hardly the tact that CNN took about Trump when he was a private citizen years and years ago.

00000000000000ars3.jpg
      Franken at Comedy Central/NY Friars Club Roast of Rob Reiner

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's like you guys are expecting the Democrats to be consistent, or something.

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Remember, Franken never apologized for the kiss or for harassing Tweeden throughout the rest of trip. In fact, he never even denied it. In his Facebook "apology", he wrote, "I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does." Yeah, I bet he doesn't remember it the way she does.
          That's his smarmy way of calling her a liar.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

Maybe just once?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

A guy can dream.

Comment

The reliably liberal New York Times just threw Franken under the bus...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/o...e=sectionfront

Basically, the article condemns Franken in the softest way imaginable and then concludes by saying: "The question isn’t about what’s fair to Franken, but what’s fair to the rest of us. I would mourn Franken’s departure from the Senate, but I think he should go, and the governor should appoint a woman to fill his seat. The message to men in power about sexual degradation has to be clear: We will replace you."

Comment

And now CNN:

Friday on CNN, network political commentator Bakari Sellers said Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) should resign over the recent sexual harassment allegations against him.

Sellers said, “The Democratic Party, we have to clean up their own house. The Republican Party has to clean up their own house. And what I mean by that is its fair for me to say, as I do believe, that Al Franken should resign. I’m a Democrat saying Al Franken should resign.”

He added, “I don’t believe Al Franken belongs in the United States Senate. I don’t believe Roy Moore should be in the United States Senate. And I don’t believe Donald Trump belongs as President of the United States based on these charges.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...ranken-resign/

Comment

And just for fun, here's a quote from John Nolte's review of Justice League with a timely and bitingly sarcastic jab at Franken:

Anyway, after the death of Superman, the world is losing hope. White men are hassling Arab women, the seas are rising due to man-made Global Warming, and adults have lost their ability to banter… Something that is painfully obvious in a handful of scenes where the Justice League is about as comfortable with each other as a sleepy woman is in a room with Al Franken.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...c-throw-towel/

Comment

And now CNN:

Friday on CNN, network political commentator Bakari Sellers said Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) should resign over the recent sexual harassment allegations against him.

Sellers said, “The Democratic Party, we have to clean up their own house. The Republican Party has to clean up their own house. And what I mean by that is its fair for me to say, as I do believe, that Al Franken should resign. I’m a Democrat saying Al Franken should resign.”

He added, “I don’t believe Al Franken belongs in the United States Senate. I don’t believe Roy Moore should be in the United States Senate. And I don’t believe Donald Trump belongs as President of the United States based on these charges.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...ranken-resign/

That sounds so unbiased ...
                      Except...

There is no evidence of Trump doing anything wrong or of Moore doing anything wrong but the Democrats have a person where there is evidence and he confessed (or, with Hillary, the evidence seems to be there about her guilt).

The other problem is that the Democrats' special concern about sexual assaults only seems to have become an issue when Democrats and Republicans decided they didn't want people to choose who goes into Congress.

Comment

Yeah, he's trying a bit hard to create a moral equivalence between unsubstantiated accusations, and irrefutable photographic proof.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Should Al Franken resign? Included in the link is a picture Franken feeling up Leeann when she was sleeping...
                          IF he's guilty and IF the photo is really of her asleep and not some prank that she was aware of (which is not what she says of it) then yes, he should be prosecuted if legally possible. No, he should not be resigning over an incident eleven years ago unless convicted (or likely to be so).

I HATE you all!
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah, he's trying a bit hard to create a moral equivalence between unsubstantiated accusations, and irrefutable photographic proof.
                            It's not irrefutable - but that he hasn't refuted it already probably indicates her story is true.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

The reliably liberal New York Times just threw Franken under the bus...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/o...e=sectionfront

Basically, the article condemns Franken in the softest way imaginable and then concludes by saying: "The question isn’t about what’s fair to Franken, but what’s fair to the rest of us. I would mourn Franken’s departure from the Senate, but I think he should go, and the governor should appoint a woman to fill his seat. The message to men in power about sexual degradation has to be clear: We will replace you."
                              NYT actually pulled the impossible and made me find a reason to oppose Franken's resignation.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                I HATE you all!

Comment