Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should Al Franken Resign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Al Franken Resign?

Should Al Franken resign? Included in the link is a picture Franken feeling up Leeann when she was sleeping...

Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It

By Leeann Tweeden

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

The photograph gives her story tremendous credibility. No way Franken can deny it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      The photograph gives her story tremendous credibility. No way Franken can deny it.
      I mean here we have actual evidence! I expect all our leftist friends to call for his resignation! This is me holding my breath....
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So the guy who wrote this....

big fat idiot.jpg

Did this....

franken.jpg

But hold on, JimL is on his way to defend Franken with a plausible explanation.....
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Should Al Franken resign? Included in the link is a picture Franken feeling up Leeann when she was sleeping...
          I don’t think that’s the proper way to feel a lady’s bosom. So, doesn’t count and no resignation required.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Time for a truth commission. I wouldn't have put my twenty bucks on Franken in the sexual-harassment pool, but I'm not surprised.
            "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
            Hear my cry, hear my shout,
            Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              I don’t think that’s the proper way to feel a lady’s bosom. So, doesn’t count and no resignation required.
              Obviously, you were too lazy to read the article, oh great champion of women's rights.

On the day of the show Franken and I were alone backstage going over our lines one last time. He said to me, “We need to rehearse the kiss.” I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, ‘Relax Al, this isn’t SNL…we don’t need to rehearse the kiss.’

He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable.

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.

Are ya there, yet?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Obviously, you were too lazy to read the article, oh great champion of women's rights.

On the day of the show Franken and I were alone backstage going over our lines one last time. He said to me, “We need to rehearse the kiss.” I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, ‘Relax Al, this isn’t SNL…we don’t need to rehearse the kiss.’

He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable.

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.

Are ya there, yet?
                What can I say? firstfloor flops again!
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

oopsie.

anyone want to take bets if JimL and Tassy will bother to comment on this event or avoid this thread like the plague?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    oopsie.

anyone want to take bets if JimL and Tassy will bother to comment on this event or avoid this thread like the plague?
                    I predict the page count of the Roy Moore thread will spike.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      I mean here we have actual evidence! I expect all our leftist friends to call for his resignation! This is me holding my breath....
                      As far as I can tell, the majority of liberals in r/politics on Reddit (which is practically all of them) are actually calling for his resignation. The post has 89% upvotes, and a ton of people are saying things like (paraphrasing) "This really hurts, but we need to hold him to the same standard we expect from conservatives! He should resign." and "The good thing about liberals is that we stand by our morals, and want to see this sort of thing brought forward, while conservatives only pay lip service to morality."

I'm only just now beginning to see people walking this back a bit because they found out that the girl who got kissed worked with Fox News, and is friends with Sean Hannity or something, and others are just now beginning to point out that there's a significant difference between pretending to grope a woman's breasts as a bad joke, and actually having sex with minors.

So, yeah, people are complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                        As far as I can tell, the majority of liberals in r/politics on Reddit (which is practically all of them) are actually calling for his resignation. The post has 89% upvotes, and a ton of people are saying things like (paraphrasing) "This really hurts, but we need to hold him to the same standard we expect from conservatives! He should resign." and "The good thing about liberals is that we stand by our morals, and want to see this sort of thing brought forward, while conservatives only pay lip service to morality."

I'm only just now beginning to see people walking this back a bit because they found out that the girl who got kissed worked with Fox News, and is friends with Sean Hannity or something, and others are just now beginning to point out that there's a significant difference between pretending to grope a woman's breasts as a bad joke, and actually having sex with minors.

So, yeah, people are complicated.
                        Just out of curiosity, do they think that Moore actually "had sex with minors"?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          oopsie.

I suspect they'll avoid the thread unless they are goaded into making an appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Just out of curiosity, do they think that Moore actually "had sex with minors"?
                            Yeah, I believe so.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                              Yeah, I believe so.
                              hmmm

Comment