Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should Al Franken Resign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And some of them, like Sparko and Rogue, were kind of a poopiehead brown, no?
    rogue06 is green, and Sparko is red. Then again, you are colorblind, so it probably looks the same to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      rogue06 is green, and Sparko is red. Then again, you are colorblind, so it probably looks the same to you.
      Yeah, they look poopiehead brown.

And Mossy looks like a blindingly white beautiful angel.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, they look poopiehead brown.

And Mossy looks like a blindingly white beautiful angel.
        Well, I guess both are the same color since mossrose is red like Sparko?

Comment

Well, I guess both are the same color since mossrose is red like Sparko?
          Mossy is like Sparko - like - Honey is like doggiepoo.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Mossy is like Sparko - like - Honey is like doggiepoo.
            Given what you said about the smell of poop before, I'm not sure the difference is that big to you.

Comment

Given what you said about the smell of poop before, I'm not sure the difference is that big to you.
              I was actually thinking about updating my thread on smell - in the new house, I still notice these otherwise totally unrelated wonderful fragrances, and the only "bad" smell I seem to sense is freshly brewed coffee, which has a "skunk" smell initially.

(it's amazing the things you remember, Brum )

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                Apparently - that is your definition. PC gets tossed around, in my experience, whenever someone experiences themselves being criticized for something they don't want to look at or think is an "unreasonable" demand.
                No that is the real definition (in my words)

po·lit·i·cal cor·rect·ness
                pəˈlidəkəl kəˈrek(t)nəs/
                noun
                noun: political correctness; noun: political correctitude

the avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

Comment

I was actually thinking about updating my thread on smell - in the new house, I still notice these otherwise totally unrelated wonderful fragrances, and the only "bad" smell I seem to sense is freshly brewed coffee, which has a "skunk" smell initially.

(it's amazing the things you remember, Brum )
                  My short term memory is pretty bad*, but my long term memory is pretty solid.

*Very unfortunate symptom of my RSD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    No that is the real definition (in my words)

po·lit·i·cal cor·rect·ness
                    pəˈlidəkəl kəˈrek(t)nəs/
                    noun
                    noun: political correctness; noun: political correctitude

the avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.
                    I've never heard of it being understood otherwise. I mean - this is one of those "everybody knows that" things. Or should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                      No one said PC doesn't exist, CP. What is being said is that the term has morphed into being used for anything anyone just doesn't want to listen to. When I am accused of being "PC" because I say "happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas," someone has a stick firmly planted somewhere.
                      If you are doing it so that you don't offend people who might not be Christians, then it IS being politically correct.

Personally as a Christian, I don't mind if someone wished me a Happy Hanukah, or Happy Kwanzaa, or whatever their religion is. It would not offend me. Happy Holidays does not offend me. And if someone is offended by me wishing them a Merry Christmas, oh well, too bad.

Comment

If you are doing it so that you don't offend people who might not be Christians, then it IS being politically correct.

Personally as a Christian, I don't mind if someone wished me a Happy Hanukah, or Happy Kwanzaa, or whatever their religion is. It would not offend me. Happy Holidays does not offend me. And if someone is offended by me wishing them a Merry Christmas, oh well, too bad.
                        "Happy Holidays" doesn't offend me, but I do like asking "what holiday is it, exactly"?

Yeah, I know, that's not very PC.

Comment

"Happy Holidays" doesn't offend me, but I do like asking "what holiday is it, exactly"?

Yeah, I know, that's not very PC.
                          Merry Christmas Mr. Poke.

Comment

Merry Christmas Mr. Poke.
                            Same to ya, Pirate. And a very blessed 2018!

Comment

• Another one bites the dust, never cared for this guy...

PBS Suspends ‘Tavis Smiley’ Following Sexual Misconduct Investigation

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/tavi...bs-1202639424/
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                Another one bites the dust, never cared for this guy...

PBS Suspends ‘Tavis Smiley’ Following Sexual Misconduct Investigation

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/tavi...bs-1202639424/
                                So long as this "purge" does not tip over into becoming a witch hunt, it's an incredibly good thing. Perhaps, once all of those who believe their wealth, fame, or power give them the right to objectify others are gone, we will have a new culture in which this kind of behavior is simply not tolerated - and will quickly be the end of careers.
                                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment