Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should Al Franken Resign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And now for a little irony... Franken posted this to Facebook a little over one month ago:

Source: Al Franken, Facebook

The women who have shared their stories about Harvey Weinstein over the last few days are incredibly brave. It takes a lot of courage to come forward, and we owe them our thanks.

And as we hear more and more about Mr. Weinstein, it’s important to remember that while his behavior was appalling, it’s far too common.

That’s what Gretchen Carlson addresses in a New York Times op-ed she authored. In it, she says, “When I filed my sexual harassment lawsuit against Fox News’s chairman and chief executive, Roger Ailes, in July 2016, I felt alone. But after I told my story, thousands of women — police officers, teachers, oil-rig operators, sports executives, military officers, engineers, waitresses, lawyers, secretaries — told me theirs.

As I’ve listened to their experiences, I’ve realized that the disappointing responses women often face when they go public both embolden harassers and encourage victims to stay silent.”

We must do something to address this all-too-common problem. And one thing we can do—which Gretchen has become a bold advocate for—is reforming arbitration laws, which prevent people who experience workplace harassment from going to court. Instead, they are forced into arbitration, a process that heavily favors the employer, often denying them justice after they’ve been harassed at work. That’s why I’ve been working to pass the Arbitration Fairness Act—so that people in the workplace wouldn’t have to sign away their rights to have their day in court when they take a job.

This is only one part of the solution, and it’s unclear what, if any, role arbitration clauses played in Mr. Weinstein’s case. But it’s critical that we address this issue. Gretchen Carlson ends her piece with this: “I’m hopeful that the Weinstein story will represent the start of a sea change in our society’s treatment of sexually harassed workers. By ending arbitration clauses, blacklisting and workplace cultures where abuse thrives, we can ensure that victims of harassment speak out. I encourage victims to stand up and tell their stories, which I know requires immense bravery. And I’m hopeful that we’ll see changes in our laws and our culture that will allow them to do so without being victimized yet again.” I couldn’t agree more.

https://www.facebook.com/senatoralfr...17209188364958

© Copyright Original Source

I wonder how long it will take him to delete it? I saved a screenshot of the page just in case.
    he has an apology up for his actions now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      he has an apology up for his actions now.
      Judging by the comments, that's all it takes for liberals to start clamoring, "There's nothing to see here!"
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        I don’t think that’s the proper way to feel a lady’s bosom. So, doesn’t count and no resignation required.
        Pray tell, what IS the proper way? Making sure there aren't any cameras around?
        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
          Pray tell, what IS the proper way? Making sure there aren't any cameras around?
          In an honest effort to detect breast cancer by a qualified clinician, the person themselves, or the spouse in love.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            In an honest effort to detect breast cancer by a qualified clinician, the person themselves, or the spouse in love.
            Franken is a cancer doctor? Who knew!
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Can you please hand me something to beat you with?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He has the power to heal. Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Can you please hand me something to beat you with?
                  Why do you hate the medical profession? Dr Al was just trying to give a routine physical!
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    He has the power to heal. Who knew?
                    "Laying on of hands" can mean way more than I thought....
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      "Laying on of hands" can mean way more than I thought....
                      I don't think I will try that at our Church...

Comment

I don't think I will try that at our Church...
                        But it's Biblical!
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          But it's Biblical!
                          So are parts in Ezekiel repremanding isreals behavior and those who assault others.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hmmmmm... did Franken commit the unpardonable sin?

He recalled writing a skit called "Seamen on Broadway" that was rejected from the Hasty Pudding show "by some preppie so they could take some other preppie's skit." Franken started to smile again, but his tone was serious, too serious. "It's not preppies, cause I'm a preppie myself. I just don't like homosexuals. If you ask me, they're all homosexuals in the Pudding. Hey, I was glad when that Pudding homosexual got killed in Philadelphia." The smile became so broad it pushed his eyes shut. He couldn't stand it any longer. "Put that in, put that in," Franken laughed, leaning over the desk. "I'd love to see that in The Crimson."

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              The photograph gives her story tremendous credibility. No way Franken can deny it.
                              She agreed to pretend to be sleeping while also having planned to 'pose' for this picture. and then she had intended to cause Franken to lose his senate position. She was staying quiet about her cooperation here until now. Finally she denies that she cooperated in this picture and now is trying to get Franken out. It was her plan to keep Moore out of office and to get Trump kicked out.

How does that sound?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                                She agreed to pretend to be sleeping while also having planned to 'pose' for this picture. and then she had intended to cause Franken to lose his senate position. She was staying quiet about her cooperation here until now. Finally she denies that she cooperated in this picture and now is trying to get Franken out. It was her plan to keep Moore out of office and to get Trump kicked out.

How does that sound?
                                JimL, is that YOU!?!?!?

Comment