Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Brave Exvius!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Yeah, I saw that for the rookie quests. One problem is some of the ones I need are locked behind explorations, and I can't do those yet.

Oh, one quick question. Are Shine and Firion worth trying to max out? I just got my second Firion, so fused him for the TMR, and Shine shows up on that list of decent units, but with the warning of "awakenings costly".
    Firion possibly, Shine no. But keep her for her TMR since 30% ATK and significant (30% iirc) evasion on one materia is a very good combination.

I would not mind a Basch from the XII event. His covers and breaks are stupendously good if you can gear him well enough for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rayado View Post
      Firion possibly, Shine no. But keep her for her TMR since 30% ATK and significant (30% iirc) evasion on one materia is a very good combination.

I would not mind a Basch from the XII event. His covers and breaks are stupendously good if you can gear him well enough for them.
      Yeah, I see he is a better tank than The Warrior of Light. Having him alongside Balthier would be nice.

Comment

It's not that Basch is better; it's that he's different. The game is not designed to require the absolute best and most current units to clear things; WoL is still a perfectly good physical cover tank that can soak up a lot of damage. Sure, new units and TM rewards do make things easier, but it's amusing to see what quirky combinations you can make up to beat content. That Basch can cover both magic and physical is a pretty big advantage...if you need it. Otherwise, hello WoL, Earth Veritas, and Mystea!

Case in point was way back when the continent of Dirnado was first released. Lightning was the only 5* base unit in the game; everything else that was any good was 3*, or rarely 4* base, with 5* max level.

The other end of that spectrum is truly crazy; I saw a screenshot of a Shadow--arguably the worst 'rare' unit in the game--with best in slot gear; he had a whopping 980+ attack...and nothing other than auto-attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Rayado View Post
          It's not that Basch is better; it's that he's different. The game is not designed to require the absolute best and most current units to clear things; WoL is still a perfectly good physical cover tank that can soak up a lot of damage. Sure, new units and TM rewards do make things easier, but it's amusing to see what quirky combinations you can make up to beat content. That Basch can cover both magic and physical is a pretty big advantage...if you need it. Otherwise, hello WoL, Earth Veritas, and Mystea!

Case in point was way back when the continent of Dirnado was first released. Lightning was the only 5* base unit in the game; everything else that was any good was 3*, or rarely 4* base, with 5* max level.

The other end of that spectrum is truly crazy; I saw a screenshot of a Shadow--arguably the worst 'rare' unit in the game--with best in slot gear; he had a whopping 980+ attack...and nothing other than auto-attack.
          I know you don't need the best characters, but having some of the more powerful ones is certainly nice.

It does look like Basch has abilities to try and protect the entire team from both magic and physical attacks, and at a higher percentage than WoL.

Comment

Rem is my main healer and is awesome at it. Dualcast, Raise and Curaga awakened to +2 and then throw in dagger boomerang and attack magic as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
              Rem is my main healer and is awesome at it. Dualcast, Raise and Curaga awakened to +2 and then throw in dagger boomerang and attack magic as well.
              Hybrid units are awesome like. Which is why I love having Ashe. I've been hoping for a Rem, but the hast 5* units I drew were an additional Dark Fina and Noctis... Alongside Queen

Speaking of Dualcast... if you can scrape together enough of the Tradeable Mcguffin (12000 Urutan Flowers IIRC), you can get a Dualcast as an Equippable materia this event.

Needless to say, I'm going for it.
              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                Hybrid units are awesome like. Which is why I love having Ashe. I've been hoping for a Rem, but the hast 5* units I drew were an additional Dark Fina and Noctis... Alongside Queen

Speaking of Dualcast... if you can scrape together enough of the Tradeable Mcguffin (12000 Urutan Flowers IIRC), you can get a Dualcast as an Equippable materia this event.

Needless to say, I'm going for it.
                I have two FFXII characters in my team an always try to get others. Rem and Noctis make it easy to win the Elite, especially since I equip Rem with fire resistant stuff.

Comment

I have two FFXII characters in my team an always try to get others. Rem and Noctis make it easy to win the Elite, especially since I equip Rem with fire resistant stuff.
                  Aria + 2* Carbuncle do that beautifully for me. In the meantime, I chain Onion Knights and/or heavy hitters to obliterate anything that moves before they hit me.

Comment

Yeah, I've brought your Rem as a friend unit in some stuff my characters can't handle on their own. I had a random friend on my list who had Veritas of the Dark that was able to take down Tolfidan on the highest level all on his own. He replaced him with Onion Knight, and it destroys most anything before it can move.

Comment

• I got another Setzer today, and a unit I haven't seen named Gaffgarion.

Comment

• Just finished the Sandea on legend mode with 7 battles and a party of six with three bonus characters.

I got over 18,000 flowers for that one mission.

I now have all the summon tickets, all the abilities and equipment and the dualcast, all the metal cactuars, and I'm just moving on to getting awakening equipment.

Comment

• Gumi, please. All I wanted was a Vayne so I could do stuff like the cool kids.

Not a Basch. But if you insist, sure, I'll take that Basch.

Comment

• And if you don't already have Dualcast...

Get Dualcast while you can. I'm rather surprised it showed up as a reward, but apparently both Doublehand and Dual Wield will show up in later Mog King events.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rayado View Post
                              And if you don't already have Dualcast...

Get Dualcast while you can. I'm rather surprised it showed up as a reward, but apparently both Doublehand and Dual Wield will show up in later Mog King events.
                              Just got it the other day. I'm happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rayado View Post
                                And if you don't already have Dualcast...

I need another 7k flowers first. My team can't handle the higher lvl missions, so I have to rely on friend units for them. Which means I get maybe two Pro or Advanced versions done.

Comment