Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Scorpion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    This would be why evil overlords shouldn't drug their henchmen to maintain their loyalty.

Also, you're getting a little apostrophe happy...
    My older little twin brother, the official spelling/grammar Nazi around these parts, already jumped on that.

But I gots even

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      My older little twin brother, the official spelling/grammar Nazi around these parts, already jumped on that.

But I gots even
      Yes, I'd noticed - and he did it in the wrong thread!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Yes, I'd noticed - and he did it in the wrong thread!
        They ain't no such thing as a wrong thread in Tweb! You can drag whoever wherever!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          They ain't no such thing as a wrong thread in Tweb! You can drag whoever wherever!
          Since they're all ultimately about bacon...

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Since they're all ultimately about bacon...
            Especially the bacon threads.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I stop looking at this thread about a scorpion for a couple of days and it's already turned to one about bacon. Really...
              ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                I stop looking at this thread about a scorpion for a couple of days and it's already turned to one about bacon. Really...
                I'm shocked. Shocked, I say, that any thread on Tweb would turn to bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                  tumblr_inline_mnabo3qzsK1qz4rgp.gif
                  It was always about bacon. ALWAYS!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I'm shocked. Shocked, I say, that any thread on Tweb would turn to bacon.

I know you were waiting for it

Comment

homework: everyone has to watch the next episode of Scorpion and we will see who gets the greatest numbers of science mistakes listed.

Warning: do NOT make a drinking game out of scorpion science. You will die.

next episode: 11/27 CBS - Crime Every Mountain - team scorpion has to help a father and his daughter when their plane crashes nearby.
                      Last edited by Sparko; 11-20-2017, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Oh, wait, is this the one where they once rescued a 'girl in a bubble' by dipping her in honey?
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Oh, wait, is this the one where they once rescued a 'girl in a bubble' by dipping her in honey?
                          no. but that was hilarious too.

Comment

Last night's episode: It's raining Men (of war) - Scorpion becomes stranded on a floating island of trash they were trying to destroy.

They are going to put plastic eating worms on garbage in the ocean to get rid of it.

putting a binding agent on the plastic to congeal the plastic into a solid mass so they can walk on it and spread the worms.

1. why bother? just scoop up the garbage with a net.

2. unless they have around nearly the same mass in worms as garbage they aint gonna do much. the worms just turn into moths and fly away.

----
                            the binding agent contained plankton which jellyfish like so 1000s of man o wars gathered and clogged the boats engines so they are stuck on a garbage pile that they say will disintegrate in 90 minutes but they only brought a few bucket of worms, plus they still have a boat they can stay on but it conveniently drifted off of the island of garbage stranding 3 of them

and that is what happens before the opening credits

they try to use a harpoon to make a line from the boat to the garbage but the harpoon pulls out and rebounds and punctures the hull of the boat. wow. it makes a huge hole in the hull which means now the boat is sinking!

it also destroyed their ship radio but they modified their ear coms to contact their home base back on land to ask for help!

meanwhile the guys stranded on the island are trying to cover themselves in fish slime to make the jellyfish ignore them so they can swim to the boat and the guys on the boat are trying to make plastic to seal the hole.

they swim back and seal the hole but one falls into the water and gets stung repeatedly and goes into shock! they need to get her to a hospital. they have to pour vinegar on her to neutralize the stings! they have to meet a helicopter 10 miles away (helicopter doesnt have enough fuel to make it all the way!

they pour fuel into the ocean and set it on fire to scare off the jellyfish clogging the engines! it works!

all in all this wasn't as bad as normal!

Comment

Um, worms don't turn into moths.

Kerosine actually does neutralize stings - not sure about vinegar but I doubt it.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Um, worms don't turn into moths.

Kerosine actually does neutralize stings - not sure about vinegar but I doubt it.
                                Vinegar actually works but urinating on it is an old wive's tale that can actually do more harm than good.

Comment