Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scorpion

40th Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Lol...you really must like something in this show...you discussed this in a previous thread somewhere...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Funny you said that. After their transformer fix broke, they had to recharge the defibrillator and they used a spinning wheel and some wool.
    At least SOME of the original MacGyver stuff was almost believable.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

3. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskazimm View Post
    And the pericardium is a sac around the heart. If it was indeed nicked, it wouldn't fill with blood - any fluid build up would leak out reliving any pressure around the heart. There is a real condition called cardiac tampanode where the pericardium does fill with blood squeezing the heart so it can't beat forcefully. The treatment is to use a needle to pierce the chest cavity into the pericardium to drain the fluid, thus reliving the pressue.

Source? I'm an EMT.
    Yeah you are right! I didn't even catch that.

It is like whoever is writing this show is making every effort to get every single detail wrong. If they were doing it for comedic effect it would be one thing, but if you watch the show, even though it does have some light heartedness to it, it is obviously trying to be serious about the science. And failing miserably.

5. Amen alaskazimm amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah it was pretty bad but not this bad. The new MacGyver is almost as bad as Scorpion. I think it is made by the same producer. Who also does the new Hawaii 5-O which has a lot of gaffs in it too. Alex Kurzman.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Lol...you really must like something in this show...you discussed this in a previous thread somewhere...
    Yeah I was looking for my old thread and couldn't find it so I made it again.

Like I said I like to watch it for the goofs. A show I love to hate or hate to love.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Except when they need to find someone earlier than the final moments of the show, then it never works. "We lost the trace! He hung up before we could complete it!" or "We can't find them because they are bouncing their IP addresses all over the world!"

and on TV it is sooooo simple to just knock someone conveniently unconscious. And they recover in minutes with no lasting damage. In real life it is pretty hard to knock someone out and if you do, you probably gave him brain damage and he is going to be in rehab for a year.

Same with getting shot. In real life cops get shot and spend months in the hospital and rehab. On TV they get shot, put on a tourniquet and keep going to get the bad guy.
    That's Hollywood in general. If someone (especially the star) has the stew beat out of them a day later at most they have a tiny, usually photogenically placed bruise that disappears in short order. And remember the old Westerns where someone got shot in the shoulder with a .45 and only had to put their arm in a sling for a day or two before feeling right as rain and ready to go.

In the original Lethal Weapon Mel Gibson's character is brutally tortured has to fight his way to freedom and then runs a couple miles to stop the bad guy -- by fighting him hand to hand.

and you ever notice guns don't have any kickback/recoil on TV? they just shoot round after round without the gun moving a bit. Or making them deaf.
    Or never run out of bullets.

In one episode of the old show Starsky and Hutch they got ambushed along a stretch of highway. I counted (I'm the sort of person who does that) that between the two of them they fired well over a hundred rounds before they stopped and reloaded. Considering that this is what they carried that was quite the feat.

Of course rogue tech has been working on a solution for that

The other hand is, um, placed for balance. Yeah. That's it
    Last edited by rogue06; 11-17-2017 at 05:08 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    MacGyver's producers said that they made a point to leave out stuff so that there wouldn't be copycats

I'm always still in trouble again

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    MacGyver's producers said that they made a point to leave out stuff so that there wouldn't be copycats
    But they also did some obviously stupid things that broke science. Like exploding oxygen tanks. I think mythbusters used to have macgyver episodes where they busted the show pretty bad.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Or never run out of bullets.
    I remember a "film loop" where The Rifleman is walking down the street firing his rifle like 30 times, then he stops, takes a bullet out of his shirt pocket, loads it into his rifle, and continues another 30 rounds....

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    In one episode of the old show Starsky and Hutch they got ambushed along a stretch of highway. I counted (I'm the sort of person who does that) that between the two of them they fired well over a hundred rounds before they stopped and reloaded.
    And, immediately following, they talk in normal voices with no hearing impairment whatsoever... a normal guy would be yelling "WHAT? What's THAT YOU SAY!?!?!"