Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Moore Falllout - Throw Bill Under the Bus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's interesting that it took Moore to bring you to this point.
    No it did not!!!!! I have never on this site defended those accused of abuse, rape, and sexual misconduct whether liberal, conservative nor other. But the trend among conservatives is to dismiss this behavior among conservatives, but voraciously attack liberals being accused of the same. I pretty much all cases including Roy Moore are multiple women. Eight women have now accused Roy Moore when they were under age teenagers.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      No it did not!!!!!
      Calm yourself, brother!

I have never on this site defended those accused of abuse, rape, and sexual misconduct whether liberal, conservative nor other. But the trend among conservatives is to dismiss this behavior among conservatives, but voraciously attack liberals being accused of the same.
      That's a pretty broad brush ya got there!

I pretty much all cases
      I'm sure there was supposed to be another word or two in there.

including Roy Moore are multiple women. Eight women have now accused Roy Moore when they were under age teenagers.
      So, 40 years ago, he was a bad boy. Anything withing the past 20 years?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
        Every Democrat voted in favor of acquittal in the impeachment. Or are you referring to a different vote?
        You are correct then that means all the Democrats in the Senate refused to look at the evidence. never the less not one of the democrats now throwing the Clintons under the bus are sincere about it and they as well as the liberal MSM(the ones that are now decrying what wienstien, moore, franken etc... did) have a lot to answer for because they kept saying it is "Just Sex" there by telling those in power it is ok.
        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 11-21-2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          He said that women would let him, implying consent.
          Nonsense! Trump said "I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it, you can do anything...” That doesn’t imply consent, it implies sexual assault. And the fact that 19 women have filed complaints is testament to this.

And in the case of his accusers, the accusations were either proven to be lies or were so vague that they were impossible to verify,
          Trump said that the women were lying, but Trump himself is a compulsive liar, so why would anyone believe him. The women have yet to testify in court.

very similar to what we see happening to Roy Moore.
          It is very similar. There are number of accusations against Roy Moore which are sufficiently credible to be accepted by most senior Republicans including Ivanka Trump. But it seems Trump Sr. is prepared to have an accused child molester in Congress, which is unsurprising given his own reprehensible moral standards.

Now Franken, on the other hand, is facing specific and credible accusations that are supported by evidence. Sorry, but your attempt to create moral equivalence falls flat once again.
          Franken has acknowledged the charges against him and apologised...unlike Moore, even though most people of all parties including his own, believe the accusers.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

So, 40 years ago, he was a bad boy. Anything withing the past 20 years?
            Does time actually remove guilt. As far as I know it only applies to the statute of limitations for conviction in the courts of law in some cases.

Has Roy Moore repented his actions?
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Does Moore have anything to repent for? At least in this specific instance? So far, the evidence suggests that his accusers are full of crap, so the answer is no.
              Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-22-2017, 09:41 AM.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Does time actually remove guilt.
                Are you the same man you were 40 years ago, Shuny?

As far as I know it only applies to the statute of limitations for conviction in the courts of law in some cases.
                In a totally legalistic judgmental sense, yes.

For what does he need to repent? That he preferred teenage girls? While I think that's creepy, it isn't by any means illegal.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Does Moore have anything to repent for? At least in this specific instance? So far, the evidence suggests that his accusers are full of crap, so the answer is no.
                  According to the credible evidence from those making the accusations...especially Leigh Corfman...he most certainly does have something to “repent for”. Do the accusations count for nothing just because Moore is on your side?
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    According to the credible evidence from those making the accusations...especially Leigh Corfman...he most certainly does have something to “repent for”. Do the accusations count for nothing just because Moore is on your side?
                    Do the accusations count for something just because you're an anti-Republican shill?

Comment

Do the accusations count for something just because you're an anti-Republican shill?
                      No, the “accusations count for something” because they are credible...sufficiently credible to be accepted by most senior Republicans.

Comment

No, the “accusations count for something” because they are credible...
                        Only in the minds of those who hate Republicans, Tassy.

sufficiently credible to be accepted by most senior Republicans.
                        No, those weenies are afraid of the media labeling them as supporters of the kind of crap you've been foisting. And I question this claim of "most senior Republicans". At odds with those Washington elite are the Republicans of Alabama who know Moore better, and are not running from him.

Comment

Only in the minds of those who hate Republicans, Tassy.
                          Well no, the majority of Republicans find the accusations credible.

No, those weenies are afraid of the media labeling them as supporters of the kind of crap you've been foisting. And I question this claim of "most senior Republicans". At odds with those Washington elite are the Republicans of Alabama who know Moore better, and are not running from him.
                          Interesting that evangelical Christians in Alabama are defending Roy Moore despite child sex abuse claims even though the Republican Senate leadership has urged the former judge to drop out. But why would we be surprised given that the Bible-Belt lost God and found Trump (himself accused of molesting a 13 y.o. girl) as well as being a divorced adulterer who ran a gambling empire. ANYTHING, it seems is OK if it furthers the Evangelical obsession with their anti-abortion and anti LGBT agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                            Sorry, have you not been paying attention to the news? Corfman's claims are failing apart. If what she says is true, then everything had to have occurred over a 12-day period since she was in the process of moving in with her father (that was the whole point of the custody hearing). That timeline simply isn't plausible for all the things she claimed happened. She also claims that she exhibited behaviour problems after her encounter with Moore, but court records show that she had behavioural problems prior to the alleged incident, and that her behaviour "improved greatly" in the months that followed. There's also the matter of the phone. She claims that Moore called her repeatedly on the phone in her bedroom, but Corfman's mother said she never had a phone in her bedroom.

Of course none of this is being reported by your favourite purveyors of fake news. You need to read a more credible and reliable source... like Breitbart.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ons-roy-moore/
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Interesting that evangelical Christians in Alabama are defending Roy Moore despite child sex abuse claims
                              If what he did wasn't illegal then it isn't fair to characterize it as "child sex abuse" although I would agree that it is creepy and wrong. It's like characterizing someone who simply got drunk as committing a DUI/DWI that involved a serious accident.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                If what he did wasn't illegal then it isn't fair to characterize it as "child sex abuse"...
                                That's the way the Alt-Left phrases it, so Tassy had to comply.

Comment