Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Moore Falllout - Throw Bill Under the Bus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You're ignoring the fact that the accusations against Trump and Moore lack credibility. They've been prosecuted by the media, and the accusations against them fell apart under even light scrutiny.

Meanwhile, Al "I Was Literally Caught In The Act" Franken seems to getting a pass.
    Because he and his handlers crafted a tepid apology about that which is undeniable. That works in the liberalverse.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      A conservative upturn?
      Too early to say conservative upturn, I think!! But there is this:

Far-left is turning against many members of left for sexual crime. Maybe right should join in as well, and start purging country of filth. Clean Augean stables!!!
      Last edited by demi-conservative; 11-20-2017, 05:36 AM.
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        They (and everyone else) have noticed a fairly dramatic shift in the cultural climate considering sexually inappropriate behavior and misconduct and I think they're going to revisit Trump's past behavior and go full bore.
        Sounds right!

'Russia Mueller Russia!!!!!' failed, now they're going back to old stuff. Will find those accusers again and parade them in front of media. Sad!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Because he and his handlers crafted a tepid apology about that which is undeniable. That works in the liberalverse.
          Yep, and if it was a conservative, they would have accepted his apology as a confession of guilt and demanded his immediate resignation. But since he's a liberal, a carefully crafted show apology is all that's needed to get him off the hook.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
            Sounds right!

'Russia Mueller Russia!!!!!' failed, now they're going back to old stuff. Will find those accusers again and parade them in front of media. Sad!
            The question is, will they play along? They were humiliated the first time around when they were proven to be liars - getting details wrong like falsely claiming that first-class arm rests can be raised, or claiming that Trump groped them backstage at a concert that never took place - so how eager will they be to repeat the charade?

Comment

The question is, will they play along? They were humiliated the first time around when they were proven to be liars - getting details wrong like falsely claiming that first-class arm rests can be raised, or claiming that Trump groped them backstage at a concert that never took place - so how eager will they be to repeat the charade?
              Well, maybe they'll find new accusers. Seems to be no problem finding so many for Moore anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative
                Far-left is turning against many members of left for sexual crime. Maybe right should join in as well, and start purging country of filth. Clean Augean stables!!!
                Conservatives don't generally do this type of stupid accusations. Liberals do, either to try to railroad a conservative, or to betray their own liberal colleagues when they think it will gain them points in the new conservative world.

Originally posted by Mountain Main
                They were humiliated the first time around when they were proven to be liars - getting details wrong like falsely claiming that first-class arm rests can be raised, or claiming that Trump groped them backstage at a concert that never took place
                Details matter, to people who actually care about the truth. But we're talking about a mob. The mob is just sick of the overexpanding liberalism. That's the main reason why the accusations fell flat on Trump. As for Roy Moore, the accusations are unrealistic, but even if they had been realistic, I doubt the people of Alabama would care much. They hate Mitch McConnell far more than they hate whatever Roy Moore supposedly did.

Comment

Several had credibility issues but IIRC there were over a dozen women who stepped forward

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Several had credibility issues but IIRC there were over a dozen women who stepped forward
                    As I recall, they all had credibility issues, or the accusations were so vague they were impossible to verify.

Comment

People knew that Trump had a history of being sexually immoral. People just didn't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
                        People knew that Trump had a history of being sexually immoral. People just didn't care.
                        Depends on what you mean by "sexually immoral". There's no credible evidence that he ever sexually assaulted anyone.

Comment

I paid attention to the election and supported Trump, and personally I don't think I ever even any heard details of accusations that would amount to sexual assault. People just got mad at the comment about 'grabbing' women -- as though that were an assault. But as I said, the liberals who already hated him anyway were about the only ones who cared.

Comment

The dems can smell blood in the water.

Comment

Depends on what you mean by "sexually immoral". There's no credible evidence that he ever sexually assaulted anyone.
                              After all, everything he says is a lie, so if he said he groped women, he's obviously lying, no?
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke
                                After all, everything he says is a lie, so if he said he groped women, he's obviously lying, no?
                                It's not groping if they want it. Today you're seeing the liberals (with the assistance of many wussified conservatives) try to pathologize male sexuality. Men are supposed to take action in the sexual process.

The fact that he was specifically talking about married women is what made it immoral. But no one even seemed to care about that.

Comment