Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Moore Falllout - Throw Bill Under the Bus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Well no, the majority of Republicans find the accusations credible.
    Citation, please.

Interesting that evangelical Christians in Alabama are defending Roy Moore despite child sex abuse claims...
    Can you please document these "child sex abuse claims"?

Thanks
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

ANYTHING, it seems is OK if it furthers the Evangelical obsession with their anti-abortion and anti LGBT agenda.
      This extreme leftist drama crap is really getting old. Most of us - as we have repeatedly said - did not "approve Trump" so much as we rejected Hillary. And it wasn't just over abortion or homosexuality - it was the totality of her moral depravity, and the HOPE that Trump would nominate an acceptable SCOTUS candidate.

He did, and Hillary is not POTUS.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Amazing that even after Trump was exposed as a sexist creep on a hot mike he still won over corrupt Hillary. That shows how much people hated Hillary.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Amazing that even after Trump was exposed as a sexist creep on a hot mike he still won over corrupt Hillary. That shows how much people hated Hillary.
          Exactly, she was more deplorable than he was. But she is redeemable, though only God could do that!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            If what he did wasn't illegal then it isn't fair to characterize it as "child sex abuse" although I would agree that it is creepy and wrong. It's like characterizing someone who simply got drunk as committing a DUI/DWI that involved a serious accident.
            Attempting to seduce a 14 y.o. girl is child abuse regardless of the legal age of consent.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              This extreme leftist drama crap is really getting old. Most of us - as we have repeatedly said - did not "approve Trump" so much as we rejected Hillary.
              Ah yes. Hillary made you vote for a thrice married moral reprobate with at least 16 alleged sexual assaults against him...including at least one regarding a 13 y.o. girl.

And it wasn't just over abortion or homosexuality - it was the totality of her moral depravity, and the HOPE that Trump would nominate an acceptable SCOTUS candidate.
              Yes, one you hope will overturn the SCOTUS rulings on abortion or homosexuality...as I said. Surely that’s worth the Faustian bargain you’ve made. <sarcasm>

He did, and Hillary is not POTUS.
              The Russians saw to that.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Ah yes. Hillary made you vote for a thrice married moral reprobate with at least 16 alleged sexual assaults against him...including at least one regarding a 13 y.o. girl.
                So, you double down on the drama queen crap?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Does Moore have anything to repent for? At least in this specific instance? So far, the evidence suggests that his accusers are full of crap, so the answer is no.
                  Eight separate victims under the age of eighteen is not full of crap. Like all other violators of women, he needs to fess up and repent. Especially sense he is a pedophile.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    Eight separate victims under the age of eighteen is not full of crap. Like all other violators of women, he needs to fess up and repent. Especially sense he is a pedophile.
                    Just out of curiosity, can you please provide the proof that he is a pedophile? That's not a word that should be thrown around lightly.

Comment

Citation, please.

Can you please document these "child sex abuse claims"?

Thanks
                      Already done. All you have to do is read the testimony of the eight victims. It is standard far that the conservatives reject women's testimony and give them a wink and a pass, but crucify liberals and others regardless.
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Already done. All you have to do is read the testimony of the eight victims.
                        Those are allegations, Shuny, not 'proof'.

It is standard far that the conservatives reject women's testimony and give them a wink and a pass,
                        Questioning their testimony is not the same as rejecting it, Shuny. There is much about their testimony that doesn't make sense. I'm simply holding out for something more definitive.

but crucify liberals and others regardless.
                        Hmmmm... can you show where I have "crucified liberals and others" on the same kinds of allegations as are levied against Moore?

Comment

8 victims? I'm only aware of the two accusers, Corfman and Nelson, and both of their stories have crumbled under scrutiny: in Corman's case, the timeline is implausibly short for all the things she claimed happened, and she had no phone in her bedroom at the time making part of her story impossible; and in Nelson's case, the yearbook appears to be at least a partial forgery, and other people who worked at the restaurant at the time have no memory of Moore ever visiting. If you're referring to the claim that Moore was banned from a local mall, the mall manager at the time says that's untrue, that Moore was never banned.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Most of those you list as "victims" here say they only went out on a date with him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Most of those you list as "victims" here say they only went out on a date with him.
                              Sadly, truth seems irrelevant to Shuny's case.

Comment

Those are allegations, Shuny, not 'proof'.

Questioning their testimony is not the same as rejecting it, Shuny. There is much about their testimony that doesn't make sense. I'm simply holding out for something more definitive.

Hmmmm... can you show where I have "crucified liberals and others" on the same kinds of allegations as are levied against Moore?
                                Proof is not an issue. The eight women are respectable reliable members of the community, which many Republicans in Congress believe their testimony is reliable.

Frank

Comment