Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

John Conyers accused of sexual assault, dozens of cases hid from public by congress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Conyers accused of sexual assault, dozens of cases hid from public by congress

Congress is a rape-a-thon and they intimidate victims into staying quiet and accepting settlements, while the congressmen themselves can keep at it. Remember the preening and posturing about Roy Moore coming from these scumbags over the past week before reading this:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod/...Yy#.lueNkzmnav

Documents from the complaint obtained by BuzzFeed News include four signed affidavits, three of which are notarized, from former staff members who allege that Conyers, the ranking Democrat on the powerful House Judiciary Committee, repeatedly made sexual advances to female staff that included requests for sexual favors, contacting and transporting other women with whom they believed Conyers was having affairs, caressing their hands sexually, and rubbing their legs and backs in public. Four people involved with the case verified the documents are authentic.

And the documents also reveal the secret mechanism by which Congress has kept an unknown number of sexual harassment allegations secret: A grinding, closely held process that left the alleged victim feeling, she told BuzzFeed News, that she had no option other than to stay quiet and accept a settlement offered to her.

“I was basically blackballed. There was nowhere I could go,” she said in a phone interview. BuzzFeed News is withholding the woman’s name at her request, because she said she fears retribution.
    What a shock, all the virtual signalling dirtbag republicans in congress crying about Moore don't actually seem to have much of a problem with sexual harassment.

The documents were first provided to BuzzFeed News by Mike Cernovich, the men's rights figure turned pro-Trump media activist who propagated a number of false conspiracy theories including the “Pizzagate” conspiracy. Cernovich said he gave the documents to BuzzFeed News for vetting and further reporting, and because he said if he published them himself, Democrats and congressional leaders would “try to discredit the story by attacking the messenger.” He provided them without conditions. BuzzFeed News independently confirmed the authenticity of the documents with four people directly involved with the case, including the accuser.
    It must have greatly pained the liberals at Buzzfeed to credit Cernovich.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    What a shock, all the virtual signalling dirtbag republicans in congress crying about Moore don't actually seem to have much of a problem with sexual harassment.
    They all cover their own butts...And Moore is not in their club...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

surprised this isn't getting more playtime, it's a bipartisan scandal and federal level politicians using taxpayer dollars to hide their sexual misadventures should be of serious concern to everybody.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

What gets me is how the complainant is forced to sign a confidentiality agreement before any complaint can go forward. That stinks to high heaven.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

surprised this isn't getting more playtime, it's a bipartisan scandal and federal level politicians using taxpayer dollars to hide their sexual misadventures should be of serious concern to everybody.
          To deal with the problem would put a large number of legislators in danger of having their crimes exposed and punished. Best to just bury it. The media will go along with it.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

No man can bury what the final trumpet will unearth.
            sigpic

Comment

It’s shocking, yet not altogether unsurprising. If any of us asked ourselves if this or something like it was going on, we’d admit that yes, it probably was. I imagine it’s a similar story in many governments- it certainly is in the HoC and HoL.

However if they had a thorough clean out, I’d imagine government would be pretty empty at the end of it, hence the lack of reporting. Though getting the chance to start from scratch may not be the worst of ideas...

Comment

There's another staffer Conyers has settled a sexual harassment claim with: Another Woman Accused Rep. John Conyers Of Sexual Harassment In Court Filings This Year

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Hollywood people being perverts doesn't mean much, everyone knows theatre/cinema/artsfartsy is always full of that.

Politicians are more problematic, since people voted for them. More uncomfortable, plus fallout will be worse!
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                    It’s shocking, yet not altogether unsurprising. If any of us asked ourselves if this or something like it was going on, we’d admit that yes, it probably was. I imagine it’s a similar story in many governments- it certainly is in the HoC and HoL.

However if they had a thorough clean out, I’d imagine government would be pretty empty at the end of it, hence the lack of reporting. Though getting the chance to start from scratch may not be the worst of ideas...
                    I lost faith in humanity long ago. Some of the states about the time of the American Revolution experimented with extreme term limits (1 or 2 terms for every position), but the idea doesn't seem to have stuck for the most part.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Only in clownworld: Buzzfeed + peddler of self-help take down top politician.
                      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Pelosi seems to stay in a constant state of confusion...

Appearing on "Meet The Press" earlier in the day, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi urged “due process” before making conclusions about Rep. Conyers, saying the congressman is “an icon” who has worked to protect women.

"We are strengthened by due process. Just because someone is accused — and was it one accusation? Is it two?” Pelosi asked.

“John Conyers is an icon in our country. He has done a great deal to protect women - Violence Against Women Act, which the left — right-wing — is now quoting me as praising him for his work on that, and he did great work on that,” she added. “But the fact is, as John reviews his case, which he knows, which I don’t, I believe he will do the right thing.”
                        So, Conyers is entitled to "due process", Moore needs to be hanged.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Pelosi seems to stay in a constant state of confusion...

So, Conyers is entitled to "due process", Moore needs to be hanged.
                          It's probably best if Nancy "we need to pass this bill to find out what's in it" Pelosi stays in a state of confusion.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I really think she has dementia

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              I really think she has dementia
                              Are we to assume that all liberals suffer from dementia? Because they all say pretty much the same thing.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment