Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How To Treat A Woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Treat A Woman

Yes, I grew up in the dark ages of the 50s and 60s, not only that - I grew up in a largely Catholic, lower middle class, immigrant neighborhood. You know those religions neanderthal men that dragged their women by the hair! Not. Picture this, around 1962 a bunch of cousins aunts and uncles are over the house. My younger cousin Beth keeps taking my toys, I get upset and slap her - well you would have thought I slapped the Pope! The men in the house made it clear in no uncertain terms that you NEVER hit woman or girl. As I grew up I also learned from these neanderthal men that you open the door for a lady, you carry the groceries, you shovel the snow of the female neighbor, etc, etc. I never heard my father or uncles even swear in front of their wives and daughters, and you never ever take sexual advantage of a woman. How was it that these unenlightened religiously conservative men had more respect for women than a lot of the "pro-women" liberal men of today?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Like I posted before, men who wanted sexual liberation in those days just wanted easier sex.

Also, ''''''''''enlightenment''''''''''' of theirs is just destroying so many rules that protected women. Why? See first point of this post.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Those of us who love the women in our lives demonstrate it with service and actions.

Pinko commie liberal men who think they speak for women just talk.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Feminism says treating women with respect means you don't respect them. And if you treat them as equals then you don't respect them. Basically men can't win under feminism. well organized libereal feminism at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Pinko commie liberal men .......
          You are letting your standards slip CP. I think you’ve been reading too much @realDonaldTrump.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            You are letting your standards slip CP. I think you’ve been reading too much @realDonaldTrump.
            Calm yourself, FF. That's intentional facetiouslousness.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Yes, I grew up in the dark ages of the 50s and 60s, not only that - I grew up in a largely Catholic, lower middle class, immigrant neighborhood. You know those religions neanderthal men that dragged their women by the hair! Not. Picture this, around 1962 a bunch of cousins aunts and uncles are over the house. My younger cousin Beth keeps taking my toys, I get upset and slap her - well you would have thought I slapped the Pope! The men in the house made it clear in no uncertain terms that you NEVER hit woman or girl. As I grew up I also learned from these neanderthal men that you open the door for a lady, you carry the groceries, you shovel the snow of the female neighbor, etc, etc. I never heard my father or uncles even swear in front of their wives and daughters, and you never ever take sexual advantage of a woman. How was it that these unenlightened religiously conservative men had more respect for women than a lot of the "pro-women" liberal men of today?
              Posted this elsewhere but seems fitting here

I've mentioned before that the first time I ever heard the word "chauvinist" was as a child from a woman that I held a door open for.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Calm yourself, FF. That's intentional facetiouslousness.
                That's a relief.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  I don't see why opening the door, swearing, or carrying groceries should be different for men and women. I can see shoveling snow for female neighbors, as women have less upper body strength than men on average, but if they can do it themselves without trouble, then I don't think it's necessary. But yes taking sexual advantage of or hitting a woman is obviously bad.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Posted this elsewhere but seems fitting here
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]24998[/ATTACH]
                  IMO, whoever needs to be protected/helped should be, regardless of age/gender/whatever.
                  Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
                    I don't see why opening the door, swearing, or carrying groceries should be different for men and women. I can see shoveling snow for female neighbors, as women have less upper body strength than men on average, but if they can do it themselves without trouble, then I don't think it's necessary. But yes taking sexual advantage of or hitting a woman is obviously bad.
                    Opening a door for a woman is not done 'because it is necessary', but as a show of respect. Having been married for over 40 years, I still open doors for my wife and treat her like she's special. Because she is.

Comment

Opening a door for a woman is not done 'because it is necessary', but as a show of respect. Having been married for over 40 years, I still open doors for my wife and treat her like she's special. Because she is.
                      Having been married for over 50 years I too like to open doors for my wife.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        Having been married for over 50 years I too like to open doors for my wife.
                        And, like my wife, she probably appreciates it.

Comment

I mentioned this to my wife at lunch, and she said, "unless we come home after dark, and you always go in first and turn lights on".

Comment

So, let me ask you a question, please.

Last week, one of my female coworkers and I were both heading for the door from our office area to the hallway. She got there first and held the door until I arrived. Of course, I said 'Thank you' before we went our separate ways.

I don't think you mean it but did I disrespect her?

Even worse, did I exploit my white male privilege by allow her to assume a subservient role to me? (I don't think so but I know there are people who would say "Yes!!!"
                            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                              So, let me ask you a question, please.

Last week, one of my female coworkers and I were both heading for the door from our office area to the hallway. She got there first and held the door until I arrived. Of course, I said 'Thank you' before we went our separate ways.

I don't think you mean it but did I disrespect her?

Even worse, did I exploit my white male privilege by allow her to assume a subservient role to me? (I don't think so but I know there are people who would say "Yes!!!"
                              You were fine.

I have held the door open for people, men and women, if I get to the door first. Usually the men will tell me to go through first. But if they didn't, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment