Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Apologetics of Confrontation and Anger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, but all seriousness aside, I never did like that word.
    Me neither, too.

Resident prudes, you and I.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Me neither, too.

Resident prudes, you and I.
      Yeah!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I got really creative in the reply.
        You're a sick man...
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
          You're a sick man...
          Yes. Yes, I am.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes. Yes, I am.
            Where in Texas, CP? If I am back down in that area, I seriously want to haunt you...
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Where in Texas, CP? If I am back down in that area, I seriously want to haunt you...
              Somewhere between Houston and Austin.

Comment

Somewhere between Houston and Austin.
                I'll keep that in mind. I have one son from Wichita Falls and one from Tyler, so Texas is at least partially in my family's blood. We don't get down that way often, but I sometimes have to teach in Baton Rogue - which is at least in the same time zone!

Comment

Rather than keep open the possibility that some of them MIGHT have caught the rebuke and taken it away and thought about it, Jesus first polarized the situation, virtually ensuring that the message that followed would not be heard by any of his accusers.

This is the dynamic I see so often from those most passionate about their beliefs, from the far right to the far left. If the goal is to convince and convey a message, the approach defeats the goal, IMO.
                  Not often to have someone, let alone atheist, say aggressive approach of mine is Christlike. Thank you!!!
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                    Not often to have someone, let alone atheist, say aggressive approach of mine is Christlike. Thank you!!!
                    You're welcome... I think...
                    Last edited by carpedm9587; 11-22-2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

So you are already two timing me!
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        So you are already two timing me!
                        Only if you live in Texas!

I'm a state-by-state kinda guy

Comment

Only if you live in Texas!

I'm a state-by-state kinda guy
                          So your a girl in every port kind of guy!
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            So your a girl in every port kind of guy!
                            Ok - I just cannot resist. The teacher in me is exploding....

"Your" is the possessive form of "you." I believe you were looking for the contraction, "you're" - short for "you are."

Yes...

Yes...

He shoots - he scores... :swish:

We REALLY need a basketball emoji....

Comment

Ok - I just cannot resist. The teacher in me is exploding....

"Your" is the possessive form of "you." I believe you were looking for the contraction, "you're" - short for "you are."

Yes...

Yes...

He shoots - he scores... :swish:

We REALLY need a basketball emoji....
                              I think you are really Cow Poke's soulmate.

Grammar Nazis, both!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                I think you are really Cow Poke's soulmate.

Grammar Nazis, both!
                                I'm liking this guy more and more.

Maybe he can work with Jimmy on some of.... well.... maybe he can work with Jimmy.

Comment