Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Low carb chocolate drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low carb chocolate drink

I have sought after drinks that were low carb.

After looking around the dairy section I found the unsweetened Almond Milk which sometimes omits the word 'milk' so as not to mislead customers. This is low on carbs but gives a bit of the milk-like flavor.

I mix unsweetened cocoa along with Stevia, as a sweetener, plus a dash of salt and a drop of vanilla extract.

It seems I have had to use an extra amount of Stevia -- but this is probably because I had too much cocoa.

It works decently as a cold drink but I'm unsure how it would be heated up.

I like dark chocolate Silk Almond Milk.

I need the calcium, and I have a hard time drinking regular milk. Don't think it's low-carb, though.

But is sure is yummy!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The hard thing is finding drinks with a sweetener other than sugar, sucralose or aspartame.

It may be worthwhile drinking this even when I'm not watching carbs

Comment

Cocovia?
        sigpic

Comment

I think Cocoa will be okay instead of Cocovia.

This Almond Milk Cocoa drink will work until I get hooked on soda again.

I was sort of looking at a homemade soda made without sugar or high fructose corn syrup -- but haven't figured that one out yet. But I do have some Black Cherry juice on standby toward that goal.

Comment

You will need to look at the chocolate flavored nutritional drinks like Ensure or Boost. They have vitamins and protein and some carbs but not as much as milk. You can also get the ones for diabetics like Glucerna that are lower in carbs and sugar.

Comment