Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.11.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.11.22

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing God...
    On Being Faithful…
    Shalom!

“…but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”” (1 Peter 1:15–16, ESV)

I hope Peter doesn’t mind if I take his challenge to us and rewrite them to address another phrase of our continuing commitment to God. “…but as he who called you is Faithful, you also be Faithful in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be Faithful, for I am Faithful.” I had a co-worker who always said, “Get a good calculator because that is the only thing you can count on.” He was WRONG, and it might mean being dead wrong! Calculators maybe able to solve complex math problems but they offer little help when it comes to solving complex life and death problems! My response to my co-worker, “Get God in your life because you can always count on Him even when calculators die!”

How can we be faithful to God in a world filled with the shadows of doubt, in a world where it seems as if the “good guys” come in last and the “bad guys” come in first? I would like to say it’s simple, but I can’t because it isn’t simple it will cost you everything this world offers you. The Psalmist tells us we can be faithful because God is faithful. “I MUST perform my vows to you, O God; I will render thank offerings to you. For you have delivered my soul from death, yes, my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.” (Psalm 56:12–13, ESV, emphasis mine)

As I think about my life now that it’s slowly winding down and I can’t help but reflect and wonder have I always been faithful to God, and the answer of course is NO! But I am not alone because “…all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” (Romans 3:23, ESV) How then can we who have failed in our responsibility of being faithful to God be faithful to God? The answer is found in chapter 11 of John, “Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”” (John 11:25–26, ESV) Never in my life has a scripture meant more to me than this one. It provides me the incentive and encouragement to face what yet lies a head for me.

“Yes, Jesus I believe You are the resurrection and I also believe You are the Light of my life!”

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in
    every situation. The Lord be with you all.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scripture quotations marked ESV "Are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2016 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

** 2 Thessalonians 3:16, NLT Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X