Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Church of Sweden to Neuter God?????

  1. #11
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    37,289
    Amen (Given)
    8296
    Amen (Received)
    19343
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
    God is a Spirit, a spirit does not have gender. The Bible refers to God as Father, being like an expectant mother, an eagle with out-stretched wings. Jesus had gender as he was human but God, the parent of us all is not human and thus has no gender.
    Yeah, Jesus was only kidding when he cried out "Abba, Father".

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  2. Amen mossrose, Jedidiah, Darth Executor amen'd this post.
  3. #12
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,795
    Amen (Given)
    5107
    Amen (Received)
    4406
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
    God is a Spirit, a spirit does not have gender. The Bible refers to God as Father, being like an expectant mother, an eagle with out-stretched wings. Jesus had gender as he was human but God, the parent of us all is not human and thus has no gender.
    How, exactly, does that justify the deliberate mistranslation of Scripture?

  4. #13
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34,089
    Amen (Given)
    792
    Amen (Received)
    13870
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    How, exactly, does that justify the deliberate mistranslation of Scripture?
    For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

    Obviously they know better and are seeking to correct the mistakes


    I'm always still in trouble again

  5. #14
    tWebber Leonhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark - Jutland
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,185
    Amen (Given)
    794
    Amen (Received)
    2362
    *** sneaks into TheologyWeb ***

    This is sorta fake news. What they did was add a third version of the baptismal prayer. While personally, and being Catholic, I wouldn't accept anything other than "In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit." (or equi. translations), its not that they've forbidden the traditional forms. Nor is there any directive to avoid such language in place.

    http://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/svenska...p-book-2298124

    *** sneaks out again ***

  6. #15
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    37,289
    Amen (Given)
    8296
    Amen (Received)
    19343
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    *** sneaks into TheologyWeb ***

    This is sorta fake news. What they did was add a third version of the baptismal prayer. While personally, and being Catholic, I wouldn't accept anything other than "In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit." (or equi. translations), its not that they've forbidden the traditional forms. Nor is there any directive to avoid such language in place.

    http://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/svenska...p-book-2298124

    *** sneaks out again ***
    Another great story ruined by an eyewitness!

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  7. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
  8. #16
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Faith
    Christian (PCUSA)
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    265
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    being Catholic, I wouldn't accept anything other than "In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit." (or equi. translations), its not that they've forbidden the traditional forms. Nor is there any directive to avoid such language in place.
    It says for the introduction to worship, not the formula for baptism. I wouldn't object to "in the name of the triune God" for baptism, but it would cause ecumenical problems. So I'd stick with the usual formula. We don't have any evidence they're changing baptism.

  9. #17
    tWebber Leonhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark - Jutland
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,185
    Amen (Given)
    794
    Amen (Received)
    2362
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrick View Post
    It says for the introduction to worship, not the formula for baptism. I wouldn't object to "in the name of the triune God" for baptism, but it would cause ecumenical problems. So I'd stick with the usual formula. We don't have any evidence they're changing baptism.
    You are correct.

  10. #18
    tWebber demi-conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,145
    Amen (Given)
    108
    Amen (Received)
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    *** sneaks into TheologyWeb ***

    This is sorta fake news. What they did was add a third version of the baptismal prayer. While personally, and being Catholic, I wouldn't accept anything other than "In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit." (or equi. translations), its not that they've forbidden the traditional forms. Nor is there any directive to avoid such language in place.

    http://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/svenska...p-book-2298124

    *** sneaks out again ***
    What progs do is inch by inch.

    "We just want equal rights!" -> "Civil union!!" -> "Marriage!!!" -> "Bake my cake bigots!!!!!!"

    Same ol', same ol'. Of course, at all points "why do you say there is slippery slope!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Another great story ruined by an eyewitness!
    Warning sign of things to come!!
    Americans are dreamers too

  11. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
  12. #19
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35,080
    Amen (Given)
    3119
    Amen (Received)
    17098
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
    God is a Spirit, a spirit does not have gender. The Bible refers to God as Father, being like an expectant mother, an eagle with out-stretched wings. Jesus had gender as he was human but God, the parent of us all is not human and thus has no gender.
    I thought you liberals believe that sex and gender are different and that gender is what you want to be. It's in your mind. So if God refers to himself as "he" and "father" then he has a gender, correct?

  13. #20
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,795
    Amen (Given)
    5107
    Amen (Received)
    4406
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    *** sneaks into TheologyWeb ***

    This is sorta fake news. What they did was add a third version of the baptismal prayer. While personally, and being Catholic, I wouldn't accept anything other than "In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit." (or equi. translations), its not that they've forbidden the traditional forms. Nor is there any directive to avoid such language in place.

    http://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/svenska...p-book-2298124

    *** sneaks out again ***
    Get back here!






















    We miss you....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •