Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.11.28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.11.28

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing God...
    God is working you toward victory...
    Shalom!

When they came into Samaria, Elisha said, “Lord, open the eyes of these men, and let them see.” The Lord opened their eyes and let them see that they were in the middle of Samaria. When the king of Israel saw them, he asked Elisha, “Master, should I kill them? Should I kill them?” Elisha answered, “Don't kill them. Do you kill everyone you take captive in combat? Give them food and water. Let them eat and drink. Then let them go back to their master.” So the king prepared a great feast for them. They ate and drank, and then he sent them back to their master. After this, Syrian troops didn't raid Israel's territory anymore. (2 Kings 6:20-23 GW)

Normally we view this Old Testament story from the eyes of Elisha’s servant who one moment see’s an overwhelming army surrounding them and seconds later a host of chariots and flaming swords surrounding the enemy. But this morning I’d like to us see the story from the eyes of the enemy who instantly were blinded and led by Elisha into the presence of the army of Israel.

One minute you stand at the entrance of victory, you stand tall and strong against smaller and weaker odds and you begin thinking about celebrating your assured victory. Then suddenly the light goes out and you find yourself stumbling in total darkness wondering what will happen to you. If you think I just described the Syrian army you’re only partially write because I just described life in 2017 for many of us.

Life has an uncanny way of turning assured victory in to the potential to be a great defeat yet just as the eyes of Elisha’s servant were opened and just like the Syrian army had their eyes opened not to defeat but to the victory of God you too can embrace the victory of God. One of the bible stories that describe the delayed victory of God (the delayed victory that will be yours) is found in chapter 45 of Genesis. “Joseph said to his brothers, ‘I am Joseph! Is my father still alive?’ His brothers could not answer him because they were afraid of him. ‘Please come closer to me,’ Joseph said to his brothers. When they did so, he said, ‘I am Joseph, the brother you sold into slavery in Egypt! Now, don't be sad or angry with yourselves that you sold me. God sent me ahead of you to save lives. The famine has been in the land for two years. There will be five more years without plowing or harvesting. God sent me ahead of you to make sure that you would have descendants on the earth and to save your lives in an amazing way. It wasn't you who sent me here, but God. He has made me {like} a father to Pharaoh, lord over his entire household, and ruler of Egypt.’” (Gen 45:3-8 GW)

Just like in the story of Joseph and his brothers God is already working in your future preparing a great blessing when your calendar and God’s Calendar meet. Love God. Have faith in God. Trust God. Look for God not just in the light but in the darkness as well.

“Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in
    every situation. The Lord be with you all.” **

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scripture quotations take from GOD’S WORD, GOD’S WORD is a copyrighted work of God’s Word to the Nations. Quotations are used by permission. Copyright 1995 by God’s Word to the Nations. All right reserved.

** 2 Thessalonians 3:16, NLT Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X