Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Jim Nabors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Nabors

Better known as Gomer Pyle...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...le-was-87.html
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

What a singing voice he had.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      IIRC, on Gomer Pyle, USMC, they had his character perform in a USO show, and he really blew everybody away - especially Sgt. Carter.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        IIRC, on Gomer Pyle, USMC, they had his character perform in a USO show, and he really blew everybody away - especially Sgt. Carter.
        I think I remember that.

It was hard to watch him sing, though. He didn't have the face for it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I think I remember that.

It was hard to watch him sing, though. He didn't have the face for it.
          And you kept thinking of his "GAAAAAAWWWWWWWawwwwwAAAAAALeeeeeeee" in that nasal..... yeah, and ... yeah.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And you kept thinking of his "GAAAAAAWWWWWWWawwwwwAAAAAALeeeeeeee" in that nasal..... yeah, and ... yeah.
            Along with Shazam and...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

My momma thanks you, my daddy thanks you, my brother thanks you... thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Comment

Comment

My momma thanks you, my daddy thanks you, my brother thanks you... thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
                  Must be that durn Mandela Effect but I just remember this a bit differently

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

About halfway through, he starts singing "The Impossible Dream".

Comment

Him and Don Knotts.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: Cerebrum123

This is a non-debate area, and comments like these are unwelcome here.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Cerebrum123; 12-04-2017, 08:28 AM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X