Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Flynn pleads guilty to lying to the FBI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Its called obstruction of justice, the same law he violated by interfering with the intent to end the investigation by Comey of Gen. Flynn.
    And did it end and was it an order? Yes or no?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Flynn plead guilty
      to lying to fbi about a perfectly legal act, not to any of the lunatic conspiracy theories you and sea of crazy think happened
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        to lying to fbi about a perfectly legal act, not to any of the lunatic conspiracy theories you and sea of crazy think happened
        Yeah, Flynn was lying because what he was doing was perfectly legal.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          Do you have any evidence that he made it an order or not?

Do you have any evidence it was an order, yes or no?
          Do I work for Robert Mueller, yes or no?
          You mean a tape vs hearsay? Or trying to cover a major crime? I noticed you left out that detail, why?
          Obstruction of justice is a major crime, and grounds for impeachment.

Comment

Name the crime Flynn committed beyond lying to the FBI?
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yeah, he had to have known there was a possibility that the FBI was listening in on Kislyak, so him taking that kind of a stupid risk just doesn't make sense.

Comment

Please tell me that after all this time you are not still that uninformed Lilpix.

Comment

FARA (felony), perjury on his federal documents (felony), concealing income from the US government (felony), violating the Logan act, and an unbelievable alleged kidnapping plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                    Do I work for Robert Mueller, yes or no?
                    So you have no evidence beyond wishful thinking.

Obstruction of justice is a major crime, and grounds for impeachment.
                    Never mind the fact that Nixon was trying to cover up actual crimes while Flynn’s was lying to the FBI and never mind how such information was obtained illegally by the Obama administration. I hope you have a lot of fanasty material because it might be a long 3 to 7 years if you don’t.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yeah, he had to have known there was a possibility that the FBI was listening in on Kislyak, so him taking that kind of a stupid risk just doesn't make sense.
                      I don't know, he did an awful lot of stupid risky things for which he got caught in the end. Maybe he's just not as smart as we assume he should be.

Comment

FARA (felony), perjury on his federal documents (felony), concealing income from the US government (felony), violating the Logan act, and an unbelievable alleged kidnapping plot.
                        Good, now what do these things link back to Trump or are going with the, “He tried ending the investigation!” That didn’t end at all and was never taken as an order? Face it, you got nothing beyond wishful thinking. Gosh, this is going to be a long 3-7 years...
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          They got him pleading on a very minor charge which speaks volumes. If they had him involved with colluding with the Russians Flynn would be begging to plead guilty to something that would only send him to jail for 5 years or so rather than the rest of his life.
                          According to the National Review piece written by a a former assistant U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, you charge someone with the big crime, get him to plead guilty, take down his statement as evidence, and then he pleads down to lesser charges as a reward for his cooperation. As he explained in a previous article about the Papadopoulos case:

Source: National Review

Notice that Mueller did not make Papadopoulos plead guilty to collusion with Russia. For a prosecutor, there is nothing better than getting a cooperating accomplice to admit guilt to the scheme the prosecutor is investigating. It goes a long way toward proving that the scheme existed. Once you’ve got that, it’s much easier to prove that the cooperator’s confederates are guilty, too.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ulpatory-trump

© Copyright Original Source

If I understand this correctly, by allowing Flynn to plead guilty to a relatively minor offense, it suggests that Mueller doesn't have anything on Flynn that could implicate Trump. Otherwise Mueller would have held Flynn's feet to the proverbial fire by charging him with criminal conspiracy. And even the mainstream media, despite all of its breathless excitement and "anonymous sources", hasn't produced any smoking guns.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So you have no evidence beyond wishful thinking.

Never mind the fact that Nixon was trying to cover up actual crimes while Flynn’s was lying to the FBI and never mind how such information was obtained illegally by the Obama administration. I hope you have a lot of fanasty material because it might be a long 3 to 7 years if you don’t.
                            Oh boy.

Nixon didn't go down for any involvement in the Watergate break-in, he went down for his involvement in the WH cover-up. Same thing happened to Poindexter, North, and Weinberger in Contragate. It famously happened to Clinton for merely lying in a civil suit completely unrelated to Whitewater too.

Keep sticking your head in the sand, it's going to make this so much better when reality crashes down on you.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                              Then why was only charged with lying to the FBI rather than for any of things he lied about? The most obvious explanation is that his only crime was lying to the FBI.

My suspicion is that he bought into the Russian conspiracy hype, and when the FBI came knocking, he panicked thinking maybe he had done something illegal by talking to the Russians (even though he hadn't), and tried to save his own skin by lying. Guy should have consulted a lawyer before answering a single question. That was his real mistake. You never talk to law enforcement without talking to a lawyer first! As the saying goes, the cover-up is often worse than the crime. In Flynn's case, it would seem the cover-up was the crime.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Good, now what do these things link back to Trump or are going with the, “He tried ending the investigation!” That didn’t end at all and was never taken as an order? Face it, you got nothing beyond wishful thinking. Gosh, this is going to be a long 3-7 years...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.a4a9e377a35e
                                The nation’s top intelligence official told associates in March that President Trump asked him if he could intervene with then-FBI Director James B. Comey to get the bureau to back off its focus on former national security adviser Michael Flynn in its Russia probe, according to officials.

On March 22, less than a week after being confirmed by the Senate, Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats attended a briefing at the White House together with officials from several government agencies. As the briefing was wrapping up, Trump asked everyone to leave the room except for Coats and CIA Director Mike Pompeo.

The president then started complaining about the FBI investigation and Comey’s handling of it, said officials familiar with the account Coats gave to associates. Two days earlier, Comey had confirmed in a congressional hearing that the bureau was probing whether Trump’s campaign coordinated with Russia during the 2016 race.
                                http://www.newsweek.com/trump-tried-...-report-626073

A recent National Security Agency memo documents a phone call in which U.S. President Donald Trump pressures agency chief Admiral Mike Rogers to state publicly that there is no evidence of collusion between his campaign and Russia, say reports.

The memo was written by Rick Ledgett, the former deputy director of the NSA, sources familiar with the memo told The Wall Street Journal. Ledgett stepped down from his job this spring.

The memo said Trump questioned the American intelligence community findings that Russia interfered in the 2016 election. American intelligence agencies issued a report early this year that found Russian intelligence agencies hacked the country’s political parties and worked to sway the election to Trump.
                                We are covering identical ground to Watergate here.

This is obstruction of justice if it's accurate.

Comment