Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Flynn pleads guilty to lying to the FBI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Trump, at least, seems to have a genuine respect for the limits of presidential power.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Well of course you think your guy isn't as bad, we all have our biases to deal with, the only difference in our biased perspectives is that I happen to be right and you're wrong.

Jimmy DOES have a sense of humor!!!!!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Well of course you think your guy isn't as bad, we all have our biases to deal with, the only difference in our biased perspectives is that I happen to be right and you're wrong. Obama wasn't a crook to begin with, he wasn't colluding with our ideological foes to swing the election and he wasn't obstructing justice in order to cover up the many crimes of his cronies and himself. If what is going on now in this administration was happening under Obama, all of a sudden your eyes would open and you people would be going insane.
        Your opinion is duly noted.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post

Judge Napolitano: Mueller Could Potentially Indict Trump After Flynn Plea Deal

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/judge-na...ynn-plea-deal/

When a rabid conservative FOX host says Trump is in serious jeopardy, you know things are bad.
          Nice Avatar!
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
            Nice Avatar!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I thought you had a personal emoji?

:cowpoke:
              :CowPoke:
              :cow poke:
              :Cow Poke:
              :Cowpoke:
              :Cow poke:

:argg:

Last edited by carpedm9587; 12-11-2017, 10:13 AM.
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I thought you had a personal emoji?

:cowpoke:
                :CowPoke:
                :cow poke:
                :Cow Poke:
                :Cowpoke:
                :Cow poke:
                I do

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Arggg... its [cp] not [Cow Poke] - all of the others have the text indicate the code...

Comment

Arggg... its [cp] not [Cow Poke] - all of the others have the text indicate the code...

Comment

• This case just got very interesting. It appears that Michael Flynn is preparing to withdraw his guilty plea based on government misconduct. A judge has ordered Mueller to release all evidence favorable to Flynn to his lawyers, forcing Mueller to delay the sentencing trial.

Source: How A Plea Reversal From Michael Flynn Could Uncover More Federal Corruption

No one knows yet what the evidence will show. However, there are enough shady characters involved to believe there will be something of significance. Then what?

Sidney Powell, a former federal prosecutor and author of “Licensed to Lie: Exposing Corruption in the Department of Justice,” writes that Flynn should withdraw his guilty plea and suggests that [Judge Emmet Sullivan], as “the country’s premier jurist experienced in the abuses of our Department of Justice, . . . is the best person to confront the egregious government misconduct that has led to and been perpetrated by the Mueller-Weissmann ‘investigation’ and to right the injustices that have arisen from it.”

Friday’s order suggests Sullivan is ready to do just that. That order consisted of an updated standing order detailing the government’s obligations under Brady. On the surface, Friday’s order seems inconsequential, but in comparing the December 12, 2017, version to the February 16, 2018, version, one substantive change stood out.

It was subtle, but significant given the posture of this case: The revised version added one sentence specifying that the government’s obligation to produce evidence material either to the defendant’s guilt or punishment “includes producing, during plea negotiations, any exculpatory evidence in the government’s possession.”

The change was significant because it indicates that, if the government did not provide Flynn material evidence during plea negotiations, Flynn has grounds to withdraw his plea. Sullivan’s revised standing order made that point clear, too—well, at least for Flynn’s lawyers. To explain: The Supreme Court has never addressed the question of whether a defendant may withdraw a guilty plea if the prosecution withholds exculpatory evidence during plea negotiations. The lower federal courts are split on this question. In his revised standing order issued on Friday, Sullivan dropped a lengthy footnote, detailing the case law and setting forth his position that, if material exculpatory evidence is withheld during plea negotiations, a defendant is entitled to withdraw his guilty plea.

Flynn’s attorneys now know what to do should Mueller’s team disclose such evidence. After the spanking Sullivan gave the prosecutors in the Stevens case, Mueller is on notice as well.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/19/...al-corruption/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• interesting

Comment

interesting
                            Unless you read a little beyond Brietbart...

Comment

No, it's still interesting. And, yes, there are multiple factors.

Comment

No, it's still interesting. And, yes, there are multiple factors.
                                Since what we're talking about is a standard practice in court, I don't find a lot "interesting" about it. The prosecution is always required to provide all of the evidence they have gathered to the defense - they are not permitted any surprises. Part of "innocent until proven guilty.

Comment