Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Flynn pleads guilty to lying to the FBI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flynn pleads guilty to lying to the FBI

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...er-mike-flynn/

© Copyright Original Source

Wow, great job, Mueller, indicting someone for something everybody already knew.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Wow, great job, Mueller, indicting someone for something everybody already knew.
    I don't get this. Even if everybody already knows, the legal process still has to be followed.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I don't get this. Even if everybody already knows, the legal process still has to be followed.
      The point is, why did we need a special prosecutor spending nearly a year and who knows how much money to reach this verdict? If he was guilty of crime then he could have been indicted back in January after he confessed!

Comment

Special counsels usually go after people full throttle for obstruction of justice and perjury. Watergate, Iran-Contra, Plame, Whitewater, they all got people for the cover-up of the misdeeds and crimes, not the crimes themselves. Mueller seems to be following the path, which is not good news for Sessions, Kushner, Page, Don Jr and Trump himself.

I know some of you don't want to believe it, but this is the beginning of the end for the Trump WH.

Comment

The point is, why did we need a special prosecutor spending nearly a year and who knows how much money to reach this verdict? If he was guilty of crime then he could have been indicted back in January after he confessed!
          He hasn't been out their a year, it's a little over six months.

Whitewater was an endless circus that went in all different kinds of directions, none of which had anything to do with the original mandate whatsoever.

There would be no special counsel if Trump hadn't opened his mouth and admitted he was trying squash the investigation on national TV -- that's when the door opened. Once it was open, Mueller was allowed to request broader jurisdiction from the DOJ, and follow other leads, just like Starr did against Clinton some twenty years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
            Special counsels usually go after people full throttle for obstruction of justice and perjury. Watergate, Iran-Contra, Plame, Whitewater, they all got people for the cover-up of the misdeeds and crimes, not the crimes themselves. Mueller seems to be following the path, which is not good news for Sessions, Kushner, Page, Don Jr and Trump himself.

I know some of you don't want to believe it, but this is the beginning of the end for the Trump WH.
            Yeah, they said that about Bill Clinton when the stained blue dress showed up.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Yeah, they said that about Bill Clinton when the stained blue dress showed up.
                Exactly.

Starr set the precedent that once the door opens for a special counsel, things can turn up against a WH that have nothing do with the appointment.

Comment

Exactly.

Starr set the precedent that once the door opens for a special counsel, things can turn up against a WH that have nothing do with the appointment.
                  If you'll remember, the Big Dog served out his term even though he was impeached.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    If you'll remember, the Big Dog served out his term even though he was impeached.
                    Yes, but this is a much more serious matter that involves more than just a simple sexual affair.

Trump has stated from day one he knew nothing about the influence of Russia on the election, if Flynn provides leads or testimony that proves that he did, that easily ends the Trump presidency.

Comment

Because he is a scapegoat. This way Mueller justifies his appointment by showing he uncovered something and justice was done, and then he can feel vindicated.

Comment

Trump has stated from day one he knew nothing about the influence of Russia on the election, if Flynn provides leads or testimony that proves that he did, that easily ends the Trump presidency.
                        And the conversation Flynn lied about had nothing at all to do with Russia "influencing" the election. It revolved around sanctions imposed by the Obama administration, and notice that Flynn is not being charged for having the conversation, only for lying to the FBI. There was nothing criminal about the conversation itself.

Again, this is all stuff we knew the day Flynn was fired. We didn't need Mueller to dig it up.

Comment

And the conversation Flynn lied about had nothing at all to do with Russia "influencing" the election. It revolved around sanctions imposed by the Obama administration, and notice that Flynn is not being charged for having the conversation, only for lying to the FBI. There was nothing criminal about the conversation itself.

Again, this is all stuff we knew the day Flynn was fired. We didn't need Mueller to dig it up.
                          Right, nothing about "election collusion" here...:

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn's guilty plea Friday for lying to the FBI is alarming news for Donald Trump. But the first person it's likely to jeopardize will be the president's son-in-law, Jared Kushner.

Two former officials with the Trump transition team who worked closely with Flynn say that during the last days of the Obama administration, the retired general was instructed to contact foreign ambassadors and foreign ministers of countries on the U.N. Security Council, ahead of a vote condemning Israeli settlements. Flynn was told to try to get them to delay that vote until after Barack Obama had left office, or oppose the resolution altogether.
                          On or about December 22, 2016, Flynn did not ask the Russian Ambassador to delay the vote on or defeat a pending United Nations Security Council resolution."

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...contact-russia
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

And from ABC News: "...according to a confidant, [Flynn] is prepared to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians, initially as a way to work together to fight ISIS in Syria."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/micha...ry?id=50849354

Comment

And from ABC News: "...according to a confidant, [Flynn] is prepared to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians, initially as a way to work together to fight ISIS in Syria."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/micha...ry?id=50849354

How dastardly!!!!

Comment