Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Flynn pleads guilty to lying to the FBI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm skeptical that's all there is; if it was something as innocuous as that, why lie to the FBI multiple times?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      And the conversation Flynn lied about had nothing at all to do with Russia "influencing" the election. It revolved around sanctions imposed by the Obama administration, and notice that Flynn is not being charged for having the conversation, only for lying to the FBI. There was nothing criminal about the conversation itself.

Again, this is all stuff we knew the day Flynn was fired. We didn't need Mueller to dig it up.
      You're right, this doesn't prove 'collusion' (which isn't a legal term), but it really doesn't matter.

All of the things Starr probed had nothing to do with Whitewater, and it was ultimately a perjury charge from a civil suit that put Clintons presidency in jeopardy -- despite the underlying misdeed not being criminal itself.

The real question is: why did Flynn take such a risky chance to lie? Didn't he realize there was a good chance the Kislyak phone was being listened to?

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        I'm skeptical that's all there is; if it was something as innocuous as that, why lie to the FBI multiple times?
        Mueller won't prove some elegant conspiracy.

He'll prove that the Trump campaign/transition had knowledge of Russian efforts to help influence the election in their favor, and have since been working to cover-up that fact, which itself will be a more serious criminal matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post

He'll prove that the Trump campaign/transition had knowledge of Russian efforts to help influence the election in their favor, and have since been working to cover-up that fact, which itself will be a more serious criminal matter.
          Sure he will...
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            I actually think there is a gray area concerning an elected administration (still as private citizens, not sworn in yet) conducting foreign policy. Though there could be more, but that is what Muller said Flynn lied about: The indictment released today from the office of special prosecutor Robert Mueller describes this lie: "On or about December 22, 2016, Flynn did not ask the Russian Ambassador to delay the vote on or defeat a pending United Nations Security Council resolution."
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Because he is a scapegoat. This way Mueller justifies his appointment by showing he uncovered something and justice was done, and then he can feel vindicated.
              Starr dug up a thong and a stained dress to get Clinton after a length probe that turned up nothing.

Mueller is simply holding these people accountable for their choices to lie and cover-up the truth.

Comment

Starr dug up a thong and a stained dress to get Clinton after a length probe that turned up nothing.

Mueller is simply holding these people accountable for their choices to lie and cover-up the truth.
                I think he can't find anything on Trump so he is getting what he can so he can say he earned his keep.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  Sure he will...

Comment

I think he can't find anything on Trump so he is getting what he can so he can say he earned his keep.
                    Do you feel the same way about Starr?

And he has earned his keep. He's found criminal conduct and corruption under just about every stone he's turned over so far, whether it's related to the mandate or not.

Comment

Your fantasizing is amusing. If Trump actually did something criminal, I hope he gets caught and prosecuted. Your grasping at every available straw is entertaining, though, and makes me hope it all comes to nothing just to see how you cope with getting your dreams dashed.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Your fantasizing is amusing. If Trump actually did something criminal, I hope he gets caught and prosecuted. Your grasping at every available straw is entertaining, though, and makes me hope it all comes to nothing just to see how you cope with getting your dreams dashed.
                        Your denial of how deadly serious this is getting for the WH is just delicious beyond words.

I hope the president does have to resign just to see you flip out.

Comment

Your denial of how deadly serious this is getting for the WH is just delicious beyond words.

President Pence would be an acceptable consolation prize.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You've been watching CNN haven't you?

Comment

I just think of how many times liberals have hollered, "We got him! We got him! This time we really got him!" only to be left with the taste of bitter disappointment.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You've been watching CNN haven't you?
                                Nope, just the indictment papers.

Edited by a Moderator
                                Trump is going for third place!
                                Last edited by Bill the Cat; 12-01-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment