Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anti virus software

Child of the One True King Raphael's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Norton used to be good. It used to be one of the first things I would put on a PC when doing repairs for family/friends. After they were bought by Symantec it took a couple of years until it was the first thing I would remove from a PC.
    TheologyWeb Needs YOU! - Please Help Us Upgrade Tweb! Click here for more info

"If you can ever make any major religion look absolutely ludicrous, chances are you haven't understood it"
    -Ravi Zacharias, The New Age: A foreign bird with a local walk

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

2. Amen Littlejoe, Luv1another, Sparko amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I hate Norton and McAfee. I had a subscription to McAfee at one point. They made updates and the program became worse than some viruses, it absolutely killed my PC's performance. I couldn't believe they wanted to charge me some obscene price to make my compute run like crap. Worst part was, it was even difficult to throttle back. I tried to disable all the background stuff it would do and only use it to manually perform scans - didn't work so well. Finally had to completely uninstall it.

I'm a fan of Malwarebytes, Spybot Search and Destroy, and one or two others. Basically if you're careful with emails and don't frequent shady websites, your risk of getting a virus is pretty low to begin with.
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory