Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Case of first accuser in Roy Moore case falls apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case of first accuser in Roy Moore case falls apart

I'm starting a new thread because the other one got derailed and I think this information needs to be out there because it's almost certain it was a political hit job at this point.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ons-roy-moore/

Some new details:

* Corftman's father took custody of her a little over a week after corfman claims Roy Moore took her for a joystick test. In fact that's why her mother was in court when he allegedly babysat her.
    * She claims her behavior got bad as a result of Roy Moore's actions but in fact the reason why there was a hearing is because her behavior was already bad
    * a year later her mother gets custody back because her behavior improved.
    * She said she talked to Moore on her phone in her bedroom but her mother claims she didn't have a phone (this isn't actually a new detail)

The Post mentions the specific intersection where Corfman says that Moore picked her up around the corner from her mother’s house. The Post reports, “She says she talked to Moore on her phone in her bedroom, and they made plans for him to pick her up at Alcott Road and Riley Street, around the corner from her house.”

DuPre said that intersection was almost a mile away from her mother’s house at the time and would have been across a major thoroughfare.

No idea how Moore's lawyers are proceeding but libel lawsuit + getting WaPo and the accusers' emails and financial translations during discovery should be a must.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

The second case in which Moore is accused of trying to rape a girl behind a restaurant has major problems as well, including:
    • Nelson claiming the restaurant closed at 10 when it closed at least an hour later.
    • Nelson claiming Moore drove her around back where the dumpsters were kept when the dumpsters were actually located on the side.
    • Nelson claiming that the restaurant was dark and isolated when it was located next to a four-lane highway, was surrounded by a brightly lit wrap-around porch, and the property butted up against several residential yards.
    • Nelson claiming that Moore was a regular when others who worked there at the time say they have no memory of Moore ever visiting.
    • Nelson claiming she started working at the restaurant when she was 15 when the restaurant never hired anyone younger than 16.

http://therightscoop.com/former-olde...nst-roy-moore/

That's in addition to widely known problems with the yearbook signature and the fact that Nelson's attorney, the infamous Gloria Allred, won't allow the book to be independently examined.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...oore-yearbook/

Allred refused to give a straight answer when CNN's Wolf Blitzer asked her point blank if the signature was genuine.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...-answer-video/

In fact, she can't even say whether or not Nelson actually saw Moore sign it!

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...sign-yearbook/

That many discrepancies is a pretty sure sign that somebody is lying.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 12-02-2017, 07:50 AM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Then there's Tina Johnson who claimed that Moore pinched her on the butt as she was leaving her office. Problem is, court documents reveal that she has a ‘violent nature' and a history of criminal fraud against her own family, and that the whole reason she was in Moore's office that day was to settle a bitter custody dispute in which Moore was representing Johnson's mother.

Source: Breitbart

The U.S. news media apparently do not find it noteworthy to mention that the documents show Moore represented Johnson’s mother in a nasty custody case for Johnson’s then 12-year-old son, Daniel Sitz. In the case, Johnson was repeatedly painted by Moore’s client as an unfit, absent and unstable mother and was accused of taking her son from his elementary school against his will.

Johnson’s mother was ultimately awarded custody in the case.

One affidavit signed by Johnson’s mother while she was represented by Moore accused Johnson of having a “violent nature” and noted that she “has been treated by a psychiatrist when she was approximately 15 years of age.” Johnson was a teenage mother.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...moore-accuser/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        The second case in which Moore is accused of trying to rape a girl behind a restaurant has major problems as well, including:
        • Nelson claiming the restaurant closed at 10 when it closed at least an hour later.
        • Nelson claiming Moore drove her around back where the dumpsters were kept when the dumpsters were actually located on the side.
        • Nelson claiming that the restaurant was dark and isolated when it was located next to a four-lane highway, was surrounded by a brightly lit wrap-around porch, and the property butted up against several residential yards.
        • Nelson claiming that Moore was a regular when others who worked there at the time say they have no memory of Moore ever visiting.
        • Nelson claiming she started working at the restaurant when she was 15 when the restaurant never hired anyone younger than 16.

That's in addition to widely known problems with the yearbook signature and the fact that Nelson's attorney, the infamous Gloria Allred, won't allow the book to be independently examined.

Allred refused to give a straight answer when CNN's Wolf Blitzer asked her point blank if the signature was genuine.

oh that case was obviously fake right from the start. you could see that the signature was forged from CNN screencap of the yearbook that had it in two different colors.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          oh that case was obviously fake right from the start. you could see that the signature was forged from CNN screencap of the yearbook that had it in two different colors.
          And, if there were really anything there, they could produce the yearbook. Doesn't seem they're interested in that.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Isn't she also the one who claimed that she couldn't get out of the car because Moore locked the doors -- a child safety feature that didn't come out until several years after the alleged attempted assault?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Isn't she also the one who claimed that she couldn't get out of the car because Moore locked the doors -- a child protection feature that didn't come out until several years after the alleged attempted assault?
              And, even if the vehicle DID have child protection features, they would only be on the back doors.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

These sexual harassment stories are out of control.

Look, I personally believe Moore is guilty of having sex with underage women. But this nonsense where women are not subjected to any sort of cross examination, and are believed regardless of the facts, is counter to a society that values the concept of due process for the accused. It's not anybody else's fault but theirs for sitting on these stories for ten to forty years, and then deciding to come back when the evidence is long gone.

And that's another thing, this garbage belief that if a multitude of women accuse the same guy that there must then be truth to the claims, is just telling of the small mindedness of the people involved with this stuff.

Women file false reports all day everyday in this country, and do you know why? There are zero consequences if they are caught lying -- even under oath.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post

Look, I personally believe Moore is guilty of having sex with underage women.
                  Hmmmmm Then you proceed with the presumption of innocence argument...

But this nonsense where women are not subjected to any sort of cross examination, and are believed regardless of the facts, is counter to a society that values the concept of due process for the accused. It's not anybody else's fault but theirs for sitting on these stories for ten to forty years, and then deciding to come back when the evidence is long gone.
                  Agreed, they should be heard, but not by default believed.

And that's another thing, this garbage belief that if a multitude of women accuse the same guy that there must then be truth to the claims, is just telling of the small mindedness of the people involved with this stuff.
                  The "me too" phenomenon? Yes, unless there's, for example, a documented history where these women had told somebody at the time, or filed a complaint, or told a friend, etc...

Women file false reports all day everyday in this country, and do you know why? There are zero consequences if they are caught lying -- even under oath.
                  This is scary - you're sounding reasonable today. You OK? (just kidding, Sea)

Comment

Are you saying you believe this is true "just because", or are you saying that you find the accusations credible despite the numerous discrepancies that have been identified?

It's also worth pointing out that the former manager of the mall that Moore was supposedly banned from says it never happened:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...t-banned-mall/

and the police officer who claimed that they were told to keep Moore away from the cheerleaders at highschool games admits that she can't substantiate a word of it. She also failed to mention that she's held a grudge against Moore ever since he successfully prosecuted her brother for drug charges:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-claims-moore/

So I'm curious why you so readily believe that Moore had sex with underage girls. Is it because you just don't like the guy?

Comment

Look, I personally believe Moore is guilty of having sex with underage women. But this nonsense where women are not subjected to any sort of cross examination, and are believed regardless of the facts, is counter to a society that values the concept of due process for the accused. It's not anybody else's fault but theirs for sitting on these stories for ten to forty years, and then deciding to come back when the evidence is long gone.

Some excellent points here. I don't know what Moore did, to be completely honest.

Having a wave of accusations doesn't mean anything. Perhaps a few of them are legitimate (again, I don't know). But, there are two fundamental issues. First, you can make up pretty much anything you damn well please, which is why sexual assault cases are notoriously difficult to effectively prosecute. "He said, she said" is not an acceptable form of evidence. That's why there's a high probative value placed on DNA evidence and the like.

More generally, I think the culture of automatically believing people is deeply problematic.

Comment

Moore isn't even accused of having sex with underage women. The worst accusation was that he tried to force one girl to Edited by a Moderator and failed (the gloria allred fake yearbook signature one) and that he tried to get a 14 year old to touch his pee pee and she asked him to take her home at which point he did.

The only credible "accusation" to me is that he dated at least a couple of young (but not underage) girls (again, not even an accusation of attempted sex here) which is kind of weird but doesn't even fall to the level of criminal.

Moderated By: rogue06

Come on Darth did you really think that term was acceptable language?

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                        Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by rogue06; 12-02-2017, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of Red
                          Look, I personally believe Moore is guilty of having sex with underage women. But . . .
                          I agree with all your post except for that. You need to realize that your own decision to buy into the problematic accusations is part of the problem.

Comment

Unless it can be shown to be a lie. if someone's public lies ruin a person's reputation and business, it is defamation and they can be sued. In fact if these turn out to be lies, Moore can sue each of the accusers, the Washington Post, and Allred for millions. Because if he loses the election it means his career is effectively over.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Unless it can be shown to be a lie. if someone's public lies ruin a person's reputation and business, it is defamation and they can be sued. In fact if these turn out to be lies, Moore can sue each of the accusers, the Washington Post, and Allred for millions. Because if he loses the election it means his career is effectively over.
                              He can sue them, but it's very difficult to successfully prosecute a libel case.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment