Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Not Woody Allen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Not Woody Allen?

Why did he always get a pass?

Dylan Farrow: Why has the #MeToo revolution spared Woody Allen?

Editor's Note: Woody Allen, who declined to comment prior to publication, has long denied the allegations described in this Op-Ed. Dylan Farrow's allegations against Allen were investigated by sex-abuse experts at Yale-New Haven Hospital and by law enforcement. A state's attorney in Connecticut said he had "probable cause" to prosecute in 1993 but did not file charges.

We are in the midst of a revolution. From allegations against studio heads and journalists, to hotel maids recounting abuses on the job, women are exposing the truth and men are losing their jobs. But the revolution has been selective.

I have long maintained that when I was 7 years old, Woody Allen led me into an attic, away from the babysitters who had been instructed never to leave me alone with him. He then sexually assaulted me. I told the truth to the authorities then, and I have been telling it, unaltered, for more than 20 years. Why is it that Harvey Weinstein and other accused celebrities have been cast out by Hollywood, while Allen recently secured a multimillion-dollar distribution deal with Amazon, greenlit by former Amazon Studios executive Roy Price before he was suspended over sexual misconduct allegations? Allen’s latest feature, “Wonder Wheel,” was released theatrically on Dec. 1.

Allen denies my allegations. But this is not a "he said, child said" situation. Allen's pattern of inappropriate behavior — putting his thumb in my mouth, climbing into bed with me in his underwear, constant grooming and touching — was witnessed by friends and family members. At the time of the alleged assault, he was in therapy for his conduct towards me. Three eyewitnesses substantiated my account, including a babysitter who saw Allen with his head buried in my lap after he had taken off my underwear. Allen refused to take a polygraph administered by the Connecticut state police.

The system worked for Harvey Weinstein for decades. It works for Woody Allen still.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I thought Woody Allen pretty much became a recluse after his pedophilia was revealed?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I thought Woody Allen pretty much became a recluse after his pedophilia was revealed?
      No idea - maybe so. I was never a fan.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment