Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homesick For Heaven

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Homesick For Heaven

I don't know how one can be homesick for a place one has never been, but I really miss the New Heaven and New Earth. There is too much evil and injustice in this world. And death. And disease. And pain. And suffering. None of that bad stuff is in the New Creation.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Scripture says we are citizens of another country.

Strangers here, just passing through.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    One day we shall be in the true Narnia.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    I don't know how one can be homesick for a place one has never been, but I really miss the New Heaven and New Earth. There is too much evil and injustice in this world. And death. And disease. And pain. And suffering. None of that bad stuff is in the New Creation.
    I'm also tired of all the evil, injustice, etc. in this world. In my case, I'm not sure if I'm homesick for heaven or just weary of this world and ready to go.

As an aside, this feeling makes me tired of listening to Christian teachers over emphasizing how to live in this world and barely ever talk about the next world.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

My time to be on TWeb is unpredictable. It may take a few days for me to see your post and respond.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, while you're here, occupy!

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

6. Amen LostSheep, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, while you're here, occupy!
    I'm sorry but I honestly don't understand what you mean.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

My time to be on TWeb is unpredictable. It may take a few days for me to see your post and respond.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    I'm sorry but I honestly don't understand what you mean.
    From the parable of the minas - Luke 19:13 (KJV) And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

Stay busy doing kingdom work til Jesus comes or calls us home.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Our resurrected Savior is "the beginning" of the New Heaven and New Earth (Romans 8:22-23, 29; Colossians 1:15, 18; Revelation 1:5; Revelation 3:14).
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    I honestly have concerns about making it there. It is also difficult to imagine an existence free of affliction. It is difficult to truly believe in the good news of a creation wholly restored. It is difficult to conceive of being completely free of sin and personal imperfection. And even my doubts are a manifestation of things that ought not be.
    ‘To say that God deliberately brings about a sinful human race so that he may [unconditionally] elect some to salvation, and then deliberately sends the nonelect to hell so that his saving gace may appear all the more glorious, is the opposite of grace.’
    —Jack W. Cottrell, ‘Responses to Robert L. Reymond’, in Chad Owen Brand (ed.), Perspectives on Election: Five Views (Nashville, TN: B&H Academic, 2006), p. 202, emphasis in original

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We'll be with God. He clearly knows that an eternal perfect existence is wonderful and that we'll find it to be good also. All our needs will be met there. Including the need to have a task to preform. So we won't get bored. Getting bored is what happens if a person isn't in the presence of God in a relational sense.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!