Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Homesick For Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homesick For Heaven

I don't know how one can be homesick for a place one has never been, but I really miss the New Heaven and New Earth. There is too much evil and injustice in this world. And death. And disease. And pain. And suffering. None of that bad stuff is in the New Creation.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Scripture says we are citizens of another country.

Strangers here, just passing through.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

One day we shall be in the true Narnia.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        I don't know how one can be homesick for a place one has never been, but I really miss the New Heaven and New Earth. There is too much evil and injustice in this world. And death. And disease. And pain. And suffering. None of that bad stuff is in the New Creation.
        I'm also tired of all the evil, injustice, etc. in this world. In my case, I'm not sure if I'm homesick for heaven or just weary of this world and ready to go.

As an aside, this feeling makes me tired of listening to Christian teachers over emphasizing how to live in this world and barely ever talk about the next world.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

So, while you're here, occupy!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            So, while you're here, occupy!
            I'm sorry but I honestly don't understand what you mean.
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
              I'm sorry but I honestly don't understand what you mean.
              From the parable of the minas - Luke 19:13 (KJV) And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

Stay busy doing kingdom work til Jesus comes or calls us home.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Our resurrected Savior is "the beginning" of the New Heaven and New Earth (Romans 8:22-23, 29; Colossians 1:15, 18; Revelation 1:5; Revelation 3:14).
                . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

I honestly have concerns about making it there. It is also difficult to imagine an existence free of affliction. It is difficult to truly believe in the good news of a creation wholly restored. It is difficult to conceive of being completely free of sin and personal imperfection. And even my doubts are a manifestation of things that ought not be.
                  For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Comment

We'll be with God. He clearly knows that an eternal perfect existence is wonderful and that we'll find it to be good also. All our needs will be met there. Including the need to have a task to preform. So we won't get bored. Getting bored is what happens if a person isn't in the presence of God in a relational sense.
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by The Remonstrant View Post
                      I honestly have concerns about making it there. It is also difficult to imagine an existence free of affliction. It is difficult to truly believe in the good news of a creation wholly restored. It is difficult to conceive of being completely free of sin and personal imperfection. And even my doubts are a manifestation of things that ought not be.
                      I think the problem is that you're seeing this all from your perspective. God is greater than that. You know this.

Comment

I think the problem is that you're seeing this all from your perspective. God is greater than that. You know this.
                        Yes. I have also introduced the issue of the uncertainty of perseverance. The assurance of salvation is related to this. There will be a new heavens and new earth and God knows who will be there – regardless of who is finally included in that number. Will you or I make it there? Alas, this is for another thread.
                        For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Comment

Yes. I have also introduced the issue of the uncertainty of perseverance. The assurance of salvation is related to this. There will be a new heavens and new earth and God knows who will be there – regardless of who is finally included in that number. Will you or I make it there? Alas, this is for another thread.
                          I'll be there. And Jesus will present me faultless to the Father, clothed in His own righteousness.

Comment

I'll be there. And Jesus will present me faultless to the Father, clothed in His own righteousness.
                            If one is presently united to Christ and remains united to him, then certainly he or she will attain eschatological salvation.

Comment

If one is presently united to Christ and remains united to him, then certainly he or she will attain eschatological salvation.
                              You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

"I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life".

I do.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X