Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Fake News: WikiLeaks, Trump, Russia Connection...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are freakin' hilarious!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      CP only ever sees what he wants to see.
      Meh - you're just mad cause I'm cleaning your clock on your NAMBLA deception. And, don't forget, your buddy Jimmy was actually defending those perverts.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Right, wow, and you can't see that can you CP? You can't can't see all the past and present connections Trump has with the Russians, both financial and political? You can't see Trump doing his best to undermine democratic institutions can you? You can't see his destruction of the State Dept., you can't see his undermining of the FBI, the U.S intel agencies, the DOJ, the free media, etc etc. You and the 32% that you belong to just can't see through your biased perspective can you? What a blind sad lot you all are!
        Do you have fever with these fits, Jimmy?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Such sheep you prove yourselves to be. If the News media can no longer be trusted to deliver the news accurately, then who you going to get your news from, Trump? So, his plan is working on you then? Like Russia has RT, Russian propaganda television, we can have AT, American propaganda television. That's his intention, don't believe the news media, believe me, don't believe the FBI, believe me, don't believe the Special Councel, believe me, Don't believe the Judges, believe me. Thank goodness there's only 32% (and dropping) of you knuckleheaded Trumpsters still out there.
          So in your paranoid partisan world, Trump is behind the MSM releasing fake news, in order to discredit them?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            These people are shameless...

The U.S. Media Suffered its Most Humiliating Debacle in Ages: Now Refuses All Transparency Over What Happened

Friday was one of the most embarrassing days for the U.S. media in quite a long time. The humiliation orgy was kicked off by CNN, with MSNBC and CBS close behind, with countless pundits, commentators and operatives joining the party throughout the day. By the end of the day, it was clear that several of the nation’s largest and most influential news outlets had spread an explosive but completely false news story to millions of people, while refusing to provide any explanation of how it happened.

The spectacle began on Friday morning at 11:00 am EST, when the Most Trusted Name in News™ spent 12 straight minutes on air flamboyantly hyping an exclusive bombshell report that seemed to prove that WikiLeaks, last September, had secretly offered the Trump campaign, even Donald Trump himself, special access to the DNC emails before they were published on the internet. As CNN sees the world, this would prove collusion between the Trump family and WikiLeaks and, more importantly, between Trump and Russia, since the U.S. intelligence community regards WikiLeaks as an “arm of Russian intelligence,” and therefore, so does the U.S. media.

This entire revelation was based on an email which CNN strongly implied it had exclusively obtained and had in its possession. The email was sent by someone named “Michael J. Erickson” – someone nobody had heard of previously and whom CNN could not identify – to Donald Trump, Jr., offering a decryption key and access to DNC emails that WikiLeaks had “uploaded.” The email was a smoking gun, in CNN’s extremely excited mind, because it was dated September 4 – ten days before WikiLeaks began promoting access to those emails online – and thus proved that the Trump family was being offered special, unique access to the DNC archive: likely by WikiLeaks and the Kremlin.

There was just one small problem with this story: it was fundamentally false, in the most embarrassing way possible. Hours after CNN broadcast its story – and then hyped it over and over and over – the Washington Post reported that CNN got the key fact of the story wrong.

The email was not dated September 4, as CNN claimed, but rather September 14 – which means it was sent after WikiLeaks had already published access to the DNC emails online. Thus, rather than offering some sort of special access to Trump, “Michael J. Erickson” was simply some random person from the public encouraging the Trump family to look at the publicly available DNC emails that WikiLeaks – as everyone by then already knew – had publicly promoted. In other words, the email was the exact opposite of what CNN presented it as being.

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/09/...what-happened/
            Shameless indeed.

Source: CNN’s ‘Reliable Sources’ Turns Network’s Colossal Screwup Into An Attack On Trump

CNN’s “Reliable Sources,” hosted by Brian Stelter, bills itself as a show that provides “the story behind the story, how the media really works, and how the news really gets made.”

But the show, which airs Sunday mornings, failed to live up to that billing in its discussion of its massive screwup on a CNN story about Trumpworld that the network was forced to correct on Friday.

Stelter addressed CNN’s blunder for a couple of minutes, offering up a brief review of the reporting of the story. The media reporter then quoted the network’s public relations department, which downplayed the scandal.

Stelter then trotted out Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein and anti-Trump pundit David Frum, both of whom avoided discussing how CNN got its story wrong. Instead, they focused on President Trump, calling him a “serial liar.”

CNN walked into a scandal of its own making on Friday morning, when reporter Manu Raju reported that congressional investigators had been provided an email suggesting that Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr. and other Trump associates had been offered a preview of emails that had been hacked by Democrats, possibly by Russian operatives. The email, which CNN reported was dated Sept. 4, 2016, also included a decryption key to access the documents.

Raju said that “multiple sources” had provided the information about the email.

But after several hours of breathless coverage of the story, CNN’s reporting fell apart. The email, which was obtained by The Daily Caller and other news outlets, was actually dated Sept. 14, 2016, a day after the documents cited in the email had been published online.

The revelation of the actual date of the email showed that instead of a super secret preview of stolen documents, a random person reached out to Trumpworld to point to documents that had already been released.

CNN corrected the article but did not retract it.

The network also declined to discipline Raju or his co-writer, Jeremy Herb. CNN’s PR department said that both reporters went through the proper editorial process regarding the use of anonymous sources. CNN also refused to out its sources for the story, saying that it was not believed that the sources misled Raju and Herb on purpose.

Stelter said Sunday that CNN’s press shop claimed that the sources had been reliable in the past. He did not address questions about why Raju reported on the contents of the email without actually seeing it or whether Raju’s sources are believed to have seen the document.

How the story fell apart would have presented a golden opportunity for Stelter, whose show purports to provide a behind-the-scenes look at the practice and process of journalism. In his two minutes of coverage of the story, Stelter did acknowledge that the corrected report was “a black eye for CNN.”

But instead of diving into the nuts and bolts of how CNN put its story together, Stelter gave a light overview of CNN’s correction before providing the boilerplate spin from CNN’s press department. And instead of interviewing guests who might provide analysis of the process of journalism and the CNN article, Stelter interviewed Bernstein and Frum, two pundits who make no secret of despising Trump.

“Look, reporters, journalists make mistakes,” said Bernstein, a paid CNN analyst and veteran of Watergate. “Our record as journalists in covering this Trump story and the Russian story is pretty good, especially compared to the record of Donald Trump and his serial lying.”

“Attacking the press is the basic element that too many demagogues in our culture have used to whip up this cold civil war, and especially to appeal to the base of the President of the United States,” he added.

Frum, a former George W. Bush speechwriter who frequently criticizes Trump, offered up a contorted take on the CNN correction.

“The mistakes are precisely the reason the people should trust the media,” he said.

“The worst mistakes that press organizations have made in their coverage of Trump has precisely occurred in their overzealous effort to be fair to the president.”

After a commercial break, Stelter brought Bernstein back on to discuss Fox New’s coverage of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation. CNN, which believes that Fox is unfairly targeting Mueller, spent seven minutes on the topic.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Go to the link above for the original story which includes multiple videos.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

More fake news!

The Post reporter, David Weigel, had earlier tweeted a photo of the crowd gathered at Pensacola Bay Center for Trump’s speech there Friday evening, showing numerous empty seats. He removed the tweet after being told by others that the photo was taken before the venue filled up and apologized in a later Twitter exchange with the president.

Trump’s public response: “.@daveweigel of the Washington Post just admitted that his picture was a FAKE (fraud?) showing an almost empty arena last night for my speech in Pensacola when, in fact, he knew the arena was packed (as shown also on T.V.). FAKE NEWS, he should be fired.”

On Saturday night, The Washington Post released a statement. “Dave Weigel relied on an inaccurate image in tweeting about President Trump’s rally in Pensacola,” the paper’s vice president of communications, Kristine Coratti Kelly, said. “When others pointed out the mistake to Weigel, he quickly deleted the tweet. And when he was later addressed by the president on Twitter, he promptly apologized for it.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.b9c0d1ef001f
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                More fake news!
                By Trumps own standards then he himself should have been fired about, what would you say, about 3000 times or so by now.

Comment

More fake news

CNN Walks Back Jeff Sessions-Russia Bombshell

CNN has quietly walked back more of their “bombshell” reporting on the Trump-Russia collusion narrative, and this time it’s a story relating to Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ security clearance forms.

In May, CNN reported that Sessions had failed to disclose meetings he had with the Russian ambassador when he was a senator. Justice Department officials told CNN that Sessions had not listed those meetings on a security clearance form, even though the form says to list “any contact” with the “foreign government” or its “representatives” in the past seven years.

CNN framed the non-disclosures as more evidence of collusion between Russia and the Trump team, writing, “He has come under withering criticism from Democrats following revelations that he did not disclose the same contacts with Kislyak during his Senate confirmation hearings earlier this year.”

At the time, Sessions said he was told by the FBI not to list meetings “connected with his Senate activities,” but CNN’s legal expert denied those claims.

“A legal expert who regularly assists officials in filling out the form disagrees with the Justice Department’s explanation, suggesting that Sessions should have disclosed the meetings,” CNN asserted.

The CNN report led to breathless coverage by the rest of the legacy media, who painted the non-disclosures as a Trump official trying to hide problematic meetings with the Russians.

However, CNN admitted early Monday that FBI emails prove that Sessions’ explanation for the non-disclosures is accurate.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/11/cn...sia-bombshell/
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

If my job performance was as bad as CNN's, I would have been fired a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      If my job performance was as bad as CNN's, I would have been fired a long time ago.
                      I waiting for somebody to do the LOL or LMBO when I use them as a source for my posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        CP only ever sees what he wants to see. In this instance with Trump, as with Roy Moore, no amount of sexual misconduct allegations or political malfeasance can override the fact that they're on the "right team". Ethics is for wimps.
                        Allegations of anything without evidence are nothing more than empty words. Back them up or they are nothing.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

It appears that the best strategy if you're a politician and someone refers to things you've done is just to deny it, call it fake news and argue that the opposition is just doing it to hamper me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                            It appears that the best strategy if you're a politician and someone refers to things you've done is just to deny it, call it fake news and argue that the opposition is just doing it to hamper me.
                            If one has no evidence to back up a claim of malfeasance, he is a fool to make the claim.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

It worked for Bill Clinton.

Comment

That isn't the case here Leonhard, every news story I linked about Trump was false. And there are a lot more, these are just the recent ones.

Comment