Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Palestinians Declare Three Days of Rage over Jerusalem Capital Declaration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palestinians Declare Three Days of Rage over Jerusalem Capital Declaration

:yawn:

DRAT!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25333[/ATTACH]

DRAT!!!!
    FIFY, though I think this could well result in some "interesting" occurrences
    Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      FIFY, though I think this could well result in some "interesting" occurrences
      True enough.

I had heard that Jerusalem was never mentioned in the Quran, so I went to some pro-Islam sites to check that out.

Here's what one of them said (not sure if I should link to it, but it shouldn't be terribly hard to find)..

The interpreters of the Quran differed in opinion in regard to determining the Holy Land that was mentioned in the Quran. It was said that it is Ash-Shaam (the Levant), or Jericho, or Egypt. Also, Ibn 'Asaakir reported from Mu’aath ibn Jabal may Allaah be pleased with him that he said, “The (Holy) land is from Al-'Arish (North Sinai) to the Euphrates.” Nonetheless, what the scholars consider to be authentic about this is that the Holy Land refers to Jerusalem; this was stated by Ibn Katheer and others. For more details in this regard, you may refer to the books of interpretation of the Quran.
      So, basically, "no, it's not in there, but interpreters think it should be".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

True enough.

I had heard that Jerusalem was never mentioned in the Quran, so I went to some pro-Islam sites to check that out.

Here's what one of them said (not sure if I should link to it, but it shouldn't be terribly hard to find)..

So, basically, "no, it's not in there, but interpreters think it should be".
        Jerusalem is never mentioned in the Qur'an but Muslims claim that Al Aqsa (mentioned at surah 17:1), the location from which Muhammad would ascend to heaven during his fabled night ride on his horse Buraq, means Jerusalem.

But Al Aqsa means the "farthest mosque" and there was no mosque in Jerusalem in Muhammad's time. Scholars estimate that the mention of the night journey in the qur'an and hadiths would have taken place around 621 A.D. but the mosque wouldn't be built for over eighty years -- in 705 A.D.

Recently some have started translating Al Aqsa as the "farthest location" but this seems designed to overcome the reality that there were no mosques in Jerusalem in Muhammad's lifetime and tries to gloss over the literal translation which is given as the "farthest mosque."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

From what I understand the muslims think that the temple mount where they built the dome is where Isaac was going to sacrifice his son.

Comment

:yawn:

DRAT!!!!
            In other words business as usual.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              From what I understand the muslims think that the temple mount where they built the dome is where Isaac was going to sacrifice his son.

You mean Abraham?

Jerusalem was the qiblah, or direction of prayer before Mecca was. Then there is the "Night Journey" where Mohammed was supposedly spirited away to Al-Aqsa(aka the furthest mosque, aka Jerusalem) in a vision.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                EGGzackly! Draw a cartoon, and they go apoplectic. Tell a joke, sing a song, dance a dance.... any excuse to act the fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  00000000000000ars2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25397[/ATTACH]
                    EGGzackly

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

You mean Abraham?
                      derp.

Comment

derp.
                        I thought so. Oh, and btw, Muslims think that Abraham was going to sacrifice Ishmael, and not Isaac.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                          I thought so. Oh, and btw, Muslims think that Abraham was going to sacrifice Ishmael, and not Isaac.
                          yep. But my point was that they thought it happened on the Temple Mount where the Dome of the Rock is built.

Comment

yep. But my point was that they thought it happened on the Temple Mount where the Dome of the Rock is built.
                            I know what you were saying, I was just giving a little extra information on their beliefs.

Comment

I thought that is where Abraham was going to sacrifice Isaac.

That's why the temple was built there?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment