Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Daniel Shavers killer walks free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    I agree. More guns leads to more gun violence. We must assume that you like it that way for some reason.
    Yeah, up in the mod area we call Cow Poke [redacted for privacy].
    Last edited by Zymologist; 12-12-2017, 05:18 PM.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
      I thought this was an interesting read:
      https://www.redstate.com/patterico/2...t-perspective/

Its conclusions are ultimately ambivalent as to whether or not the officer who actually shot him was guilty of a crime, but is quite blunt in admitting that the sergeant yelling out the orders "has no business being a police officer." Did anything at all happen to him? It seems all the attention went to the shooter, but I'm not sure if anything at all happened to the shouter.
      Yeah, whoever was shouting orders was simply creating chaos, and almost guaranteeing a bad ending.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        Yeah, up in the mod area we call Cow Poke "The Preacher Sadist."
        I'm gonna tell what we say about your pink underwear!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I agree. More guns leads to more gun violence. We must assume that you like it that way for some reason.
          And yet...

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAgxAAAAJDQ2NjgxYWExLTQ1OGUtNDk2Mi05NTIzLWFjZTEyOTdkNTU0Ng.jpg

00000000000000ars1.jpg

Sorta blows an ocean liner sized hole in your assumption, wouldn't you agree?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            And yet...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25395[/ATTACH]

Sorta blows an ocean liner sized hole in your assumption, wouldn't you agree?
            I knowed you'd come through, brudder... I was hunting that down from one of your previous posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I knowed you'd come through, brudder... I was hunting that down from one of your previous posts.
              That’s not the whole picture. That’s just you convincing yourself that the way you live is normal. You are trying to rationalize your addiction to violence.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man
                No it doesn't.

Legal definition: "evil intent on the part of a person who commits a wrongful act injurious to others"
                Well, I guess I should just concede that your dictionary.com definition outranks my law license.

Comment

That’s not the whole picture. That’s just you convincing yourself that the way you live is normal. You are trying to rationalize your addiction to violence.
                  I have no addiction to violence, darlin. But do continue your lunatic raving.

Comment

I'm from Tennessee, but according to the Arizona code, this is what "murder" means.

Arizona Code
                    13-1104. Second degree murder; classification

A. A person commits second degree murder if without premeditation:
                    . . . .
                    2. Knowing that the person's conduct will cause death or serious physical injury, the person causes the death of another person, including an unborn child[.]

Comment

The police are far too quick to resort to the use of lethal force. We have seen this so many times.

“In some police departments, the trend has been toward ever greater militarization, and aggression is valued over diplomacy: A good cop is a cop who never backs down. But the stories behind so many police killings suggest that this can become a lethal habit.”

The US has a violence problem, and a racism problem, and a policing problem, and the bodies will just keep piling up.
                      The news doesn't report on incidents where nothing happens and the guys are arrested without incident, so yeah, if you go by the news, then every single police encounter ends up in a police shootout or some mistake. Just like every plane is hijacked or crashes killing everyone on board.

Keep trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
                        I'm from Tennessee, but according to the Arizona code, this is what "murder" means.

Arizona Code

. . . .
                        2. Knowing that the person's conduct will cause death or serious physical injury, the person causes the death of another person, including an unborn child[.]
                        seems like they are more interested in the unborn child part in that statute:

1. The person intentionally causes the death of another person, including an unborn child or, as a result of intentionally causing the death of another person, causes the death of an unborn child; or

2. Knowing that the person's conduct will cause death or serious physical injury, the person causes the death of another person, including an unborn child or, as a result of knowingly causing the death of another person, causes the death of an unborn child; or

3. Under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to human life, the person recklessly engages in conduct that creates a grave risk of death and thereby causes the death of another person, including an unborn child or, as a result of recklessly causing the death of another person, causes the death of an unborn child.

B. An offense under this section applies to an unborn child in the womb at any stage of its development. A person may not be prosecuted under this section if any of the following applies:

1. The person was performing an abortion for which the consent of the pregnant woman, or a person authorized by law to act on the pregnant woman's behalf, has been obtained or for which the consent was implied or authorized by law.

2. The person was performing medical treatment on the pregnant woman or the pregnant woman's unborn child.

3. The person was the unborn child's mother.

C. Second degree murder is a class 1 felony and is punishable as provided by section 13-705 if the victim is under fifteen years of age or is an unborn child, section 13-706, subsection A or section 13-710.

---
                        The key parts are INTENTIONALLY causing the death of another person. Not just "knowingly" - you have to not only know your action will cause the death, but then intentionally do it. And it has to have an element of being unjust or unwarranted. If you are killing someone in self-defense or even presumed self-defense, it is not murder.

Comment

Well, I guess I should just concede that your dictionary.com definition outranks my law license.
                          Hold on, you say you have a law license, yet you claimed that "Any knowing killing is second-degree murder under American law"? Really?

Tell me, did your "law license" come with a gumball and clown stickers?

Digging through this resource, I find that state statutes require more than simply an intent to kill to qualify as second degree murder, otherwise, state executioners and people acting in self-defense would be guilty of second degree murder. There must be other factors, such as malice, a depraved indifference to human life, recklessness, if the killing happens during the commission of a crime, if the offender dispenses a dangerous substance that results in another person's death, and so on. Exceptions include self-defense, accidental killing without criminal intent while engaged in a lawful activity, any spontaneous or negligent killings which fall under the category of manslaughter.

How long ago did you get your law license? Maybe you can still get a refund. Might want to check with a lawyer to see what your options are.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Hold on, you say you have a law license, yet you claimed that "Any knowing killing is second-degree murder under American law"? Really?....
                            Maybe that's like the pervert who says "trust me, I'm a doctor!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man
                              Hold on, you say you have a law license, yet you claimed that "Any knowing killing is second-degree murder under American law"? Really?
                              I LITERALLY just quoted the applicable law for you, and that's what it says. And yet you continue to spout your ignorance. Incredible.

Originally posted by Sparko
                              The key parts are INTENTIONALLY causing the death of another person. Not just "knowingly" - you have to not only know your action will cause the death, but then intentionally do it.
                              No, second degree murder does NOT have to be intentional. Do you not understand what the word "or" means? It can be intentional OR knowing (which isn't a whole lot different from intentional, anyway).

If you are killing someone in self-defense or even presumed self-defense, it is not murder.
                              Self-defense is an exception to the rule. Self-defense requires that the decision to kill must have resulted from reasonable fear (as I've been saying). Reasonable doubt doesn't have much to do with it. Even if you believe that the officer is afraid, the key issue is that you must still judge whether his fear was "reasonable."

13-404. Justification; self-defense

A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, a person is justified in threatening or using physical force against another when and to the extent a reasonable person would believe that physical force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful physical force.

Comment

I LITERALLY just quoted the applicable law for you, and that's what it says. And yet you continue to spout your ignorance. Incredible.
                                What's incredible is that you literally took a portion of the law out of context and ignored everything else about it, especially the part that proves you wrong. Is this what your cereal box "law license" taught you to do? Good luck taking that strategy to court.

Now here's the part of my post that you ignored. Care to take a crack at it, Mr. LOL License?

"Digging through this resource, I find that state statutes require more than simply an intent to kill to qualify as second degree murder, otherwise, state executioners and people acting in self-defense would be guilty of second degree murder. There must be other factors, such as malice, a depraved indifference to human life, recklessness, if the killing happens during the commission of a crime, if the offender dispenses a dangerous substance that results in another person's death, and so on. Exceptions include self-defense, accidental killing without criminal intent while engaged in a lawful activity, any spontaneous or negligent killings which fall under the category of manslaughter."
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment