Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I no longer consider myself pro-life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
    I don't care what it "sounds like." The Bible expressly says that in normal cases, you aren't supposed to kill all the babies.

Deuteronomy 20:14
    [B]ut the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee.
    Where does it say you can't let your enemies kill their babies?

To be pro-choice is to be in grave sin. Period.
    Yes.

And one of the reasons why the Canaanites were cursed was for tolerating child murder.
    Will you and other pro-lifers be cursed as well for that?

I actually pointed this out already when I replied to your first reply to me. What exactly is the difference between the typical pro-life position on abortion and tolerating it?
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor
      Will you and other pro-lifers be cursed as well for that?
      I don't personally tolerate anything so I don't know why you keep saying that. But yes, you and I are both being cursed right now as a result of the ongoing murder. Do you not get that point? Have I been unclear?

Where does it say you can't let your enemies kill their babies?
      Right here:

Deuteronomy 13:12-17

If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the Lord thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying, Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the Lord thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the Lord may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers

The passage teaches that when your own countrymen are engaged in this type of wickedness, you have a responsibility to put a stop to it, so that the Lord may turn from the fierceness of his anger and show you mercy. This idea of letting the abomination go on, so that it will finally put an end to itself, is pure stupidity. When has that ever happened?

Comment

I don't personally tolerate anything
        Of course you do. If you didn't you'd be on CNN with a really unoriginal serial killer name like "The *insert city name here* shooter."

Right here:

Deuteronomy 13:12-17

If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the Lord thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying, Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the Lord thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the Lord may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers

The passage teaches that when your own countrymen are engaged in this type of wickedness, you have a responsibility to put a stop to it, so that the Lord may turn from the fierceness of his anger and show you mercy. This idea of letting the abomination go on, so that it will finally put an end to itself, is pure stupidity. When has that ever happened?
        The wickedness described is worshipping other gods, not kiling children. And you are kind of missing the point where our cities are controlled by liberals, not us. So this verse isn't really applicable.

Furthermore, one of the adultery tests involved the accused drinking a magic potion that would kill her baby if she was an adulterer. And it wasn't even used as a desperate tactic in an existential fight, it was just punishment for a crime.

You also don't seem to grasp what my suggestion was. I explicitly said to Sparko that the abomination will not simply put an end to itself. But it will help cripple them and energies can be spent elsewhere. Mind you conservatives are morally confused and tactically retarded so I don't expect anything worthwhile from any of you.

When has that ever happened?
        The Roman Empire ended because it was overrun by degeneracy and became easy prey to its enemies.
        Last edited by Darth Executor; 12-14-2017, 09:15 PM.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          The pharisees were ultraliberals who reinterpreted religious doctrine in a manner similar to the way you tried to reinterpret your inevitable and eternal doom earlier in the thread.
          These "ultraliberal Pharisees" of yours were the ones that believed in an afterlife. They held that people would be resurrected to reward or punishment in a future world based upon behaviour in this world. This as opposed to the ultra conservative Sadducees who only believed in Sheol, i.e. a place of darkness to which all the dead go, both the righteous and the unrighteous, regardless of the moral choices made in life.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor
            Furthermore, one of the adultery tests involved the accused drinking a magic potion that would kill her baby if she was an adulterer.
            It doesn't say that. And I'm pretty sure someone has already explained as much in this very thread.

I explicitly said to Sparko that the abomination will not simply put an end to itself. But it will help cripple them and energies can be spent elsewhere.
            How are you any different from Margaret Sanger? Or is it your goal to be like her?

Of course you do. If you didn't you'd be on CNN with a really unoriginal serial killer name like "The *insert city name here* shooter."
            I fully condone people who want to kill abortionists. But I don't have enough power to end abortion on my own, so I don't do what you're suggesting. That doesn't make me tolerant of the sin. The people who tolerate it are the ones who actually have power to stop it (including pretty much everyone who votes for any Democrat). I'm not one of those people.

Comment

It doesn't say that. And I'm pretty sure someone has already explained as much in this very thread.
              Nah, it's described in quite a bit of detail.

How are you any different from Margaret Sanger? Or is it your goal to be like her?
              Not sure what Margaret Sanger, who was pro life, has anything to do with it. Why would a progressive have the end of progressivism as a goal?

I fully condone people who want to kill abortionists. But I don't have enough power to end abortion on my own, so I don't do what you're suggesting. That doesn't make me tolerant of the sin.
              Actually that's exactly what it makes you. And nothing says you have to stop all abortion everywhere. You could stop some of it but you won't stop any of it, you just complain about it on the Internet. AKA tolerate it.

The people who tolerate it are the ones who actually have power to stop it (including pretty much everyone who votes for any Democrat). I'm not one of those people.
              Ahh yes, the old "I'll let someone else do it".

BTW it's obvious from the alabama vote (which finally changed my mind on this subject) that most of you can't even be bothered to do the pretend opposition voting part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                These "ultraliberal Pharisees" of yours were the ones that believed in an afterlife. They held that people would be resurrected to reward or punishment in a future world based upon behaviour in this world. This as opposed to the ultra conservative Sadducees who only believed in Sheol, i.e. a place of darkness to which all the dead go, both the righteous and the unrighteous, regardless of the moral choices made in life.
                I was comparing the modus operandi, not the theologies. The pharisees operated like liberals do today. The beliefs on the afterlife aren't relevant.

Comment

• Is this whole thread just pure satire, or are you really this foolish?

Comment

Is this whole thread just pure satire, or are you really this foolish?
                    So far you've displayed an appalling level of reading comprehension, show some self awareness.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      So concern for the poor = the government has to take all your stuff to ‘help the poor’???
                      With an majority percentage going into government pockets.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        The pope is the Vicar of Christ is he not?
                        No.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Moderated By: Raphael

Several comments on this thread have been coming dangerously close to advocating violence against and/or murdering abortion providers.

For various reason these type of comments are not permitted on TWeb so please be really careful on how you choose to phrase your statements

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            You mean it's a whole lot better experience for you!
                            If you enjoy helping others you should not do it eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Yep, I'm sure you and Lilpix are outstanding people, but I'm sure you also know that without government help you're not going to make a dent in the suffering of the less fortunate around the country. Pay your taxes and stop making excuses, else stop pretending you give a damn.
                              The government has made little or no inroads into poverty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                                No.
                                The Roman Catholic Church has an estimated 1.2 billion members and portrays itself as the one legitimate heir to New Testament Christianity, and the pope as the successor to Peter, the Vicar of Christ and the first bishop of Rome. You mean he's wrong? How do you know?
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment