Stuff That Makes You Weep, Sing, or Just Bust With Pride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff That Makes You Weep, Sing, or Just Bust With Pride

I have no idea if this is the right place... so feel free to move if it's not.

Sometimes, though, we should just celebrate the good stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/iceskatiing...5910940304999/

Feel free to add to the list...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Christmas!

Comment

and RESURRECTION SUNDAY!!!!

(thread moved to Lobby)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

https://www.roughguides.com/gallery/...chosen-by-you/

(I'm going to assume that link posts are not verboten in a thread dedicated to "cool stuff" :)
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
          https://www.roughguides.com/gallery/...chosen-by-you/

(I'm going to assume that link posts are not verboten in a thread dedicated to "cool stuff" :)
          Unless you are linking as an argument it shouldn't be a problem. Doesn't seem to be the case on something like this.

For debates on Tweb, a link should only supplement your argument, not just be an argument in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Unless you are linking as an argument it shouldn't be a problem. Doesn't seem to be the case on something like this.

For debates on Tweb, a link should only supplement your argument, not just be an argument in itself.
            http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My beautiful girly.

Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 09:47 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                My beautiful girly.

The sentiment made me smile...

The emoji made me throw up in my mouth a little...
                Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 09:47 PM.

Comment

The sentiment made me smile...

The emoji made me throw up in my mouth a little...

Sorry!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

trump_wins_funny_anti_clinton_newspaper_satire_poster-r3e5f24f177d54585b7997a268d62d80d_wad_8byv.jpg

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]25413[/ATTACH]

I have to admit that I chuckle each time I see "landslide" - so I guess this makes me smile too!

Comment

I have to admit that I chuckle each time I see "landslide" - so I guess this makes me smile too!
                        Well, it kind of was, it was an electoral landslide - 232 to 306. And that's how elections are decided here...
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Well, it kind of was, it was an electoral landslide - 232 to 306. And that's how elections are decided here...
                          Umm... no.

Landslide: an overwhelming majority of votes for one party in an election.

Donald Trump got 56.9% of the electoral vote. Of the 56 presidential elections we have had, that ranks him 46th out of 56. Barack Obama, by comparison, received 61.71% (37th) and 67.84% (32nd) and I wouldn't even call HIS elections a "landslide."

If you can't even break above the median, (70.45% - Bill Clinton - 28th), it's hard to call it a "landslide." And when you simultaneously lose by 3 million in the popular vote, you don't even have a mandate.

True landslides included Reagan (90.89% - 9th; 97.58% - 5th) and Nixon (96.65% - 6th; not in the running for the other election). But the true granddaddy of them all was George Washington, at 100% twice (1st and 2nd place)!

(source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...College_margin)

Trump squeeked by, with only 10 presidential elections concluding with a narrower margin. Calling Trump's election a "landslide" essentially guts the term of any meaning. And then they accuse ME of changing the meaning of terms...

And we're on a sidetrack. Take the last word - if you wish - and then let's get back to joyful stuff!
                          Last edited by carpedm9587; 12-14-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

And we're on a sidetrack. Take the last word - if you wish - and then let's get back to joyful stuff!
                            Just so you know, you have some latitude in your OP of setting the tone - asking that there be no debate, etc. Maybe another mod with more understanding of this can give you better guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              My Kasha.

My Heidi.

And SpongeBob.

And RJ Junior.

Comment