Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kentucky state senator commits suicide after being accused of sexual misconduct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky state senator commits suicide after being accused of sexual misconduct

http://www.wdrb.com/story/37062873/r...-mt-washington

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson, who was under investigation for alleged sexual molestation, died of a "probable suicide," the Bullitt County coroner said.

Bullitt County Sheriff Donnie Tinnell said Johnson drove onto the bridge over the Salt River on Greenwell Ford Road in Mt. Washington, parked on the north side of it and shot himself in front of his car. His body was found on the bank of the river, just past the bridge.

Just before 5 p.m. Wednesday, Johnson posted the following message on his Facebook page:

The accusations from NPR are false GOD and only GOD knows the truth, nothing is the way they make it out to be. AMERICA will not survive this type of judge and jury fake news . Conservatives take a stand. I LOVE GOD and I LOVE MY WIFE, who is the best WIFE in the world,My Love Forever ! My Mom and Dad my FAMILY and all five of my kids and Nine grandchildren two in tummies and many more to come each of you or a total gift from GOD stay strong, REBECCA needs YOU . 9-11-2001 NYC/WTC, PTSD 24/7 16 years is a sickness that will take my life, I cannot handle it any longer. IT Has Won This Life . BUT HEAVEN IS MY HOME. “PLEASE LISTEN CLOSELY, Only Three things I ask of you to do,if you love me is (1)blame no person,Satan is the accuser, so blame the Devil himself. (2) Forgive and Love everyone especially yourself .(3)most importantly LOVE GOD. P.S. I LOVE MY FRIENDS YOU ARE FAMILY ! GOD LOVES ALL PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT
    good luck with that bro, conservatives will abandon you even after accusations against you are revealed to be based in part on admitted forgeries. Unless you film everything you do 24/7, you get accused, you're toast.

We should run a tweb deadpool on how many weeks/months it's gonna take before one of the many people accused of sexual misconduct decides to get even with a massacre.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

“Rep. Dan Johnson, a colourful state lawmaker in Kentucky who ran a controversial biker-style church, committed suicide on a bridge in his home state after being accused of sexually assaulting a teenage girl in his home basement, accusations he fervently denied after they emerged in a recent journalistic expose about him.”

http://heavy.com/news/2017/12/dan-jo...anny-ray-pope/

Guns and Bible nut job? Blames PTSD for suicide?

We’re going to have to dig a little deeper I think.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      “Rep. Dan Johnson, a colourful state lawmaker in Kentucky who ran a controversial biker-style church, committed suicide on a bridge in his home state after being accused of sexually assaulting a teenage girl in his home basement, accusations he fervently denied after they emerged in a recent journalistic expose about him.”

http://heavy.com/news/2017/12/dan-jo...anny-ray-pope/

Guns and Bible nut job? Blames PTSD for suicide?

We’re going to have to dig a little deeper I think.
      Oh Really? You tool! Pathetic loser.

*sorry apparently someone hacked my Tweb account and posted exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

ing for his family who will need love and comfort, not hateful asinine commentary.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't know much about this guy, or whether he was guilty of the allegations, but his death is tragic.

This whole witch-hunt mentality has gotten out of control. It appears the "in-thing" is to just go around accusing politicians everywhere of sexual misconduct. No proof, just allegations. Some have proven true, but I think the whole process is flawed. Innocent until proven (or admitted) guilty should be the standard. Instead people are being crucified in the court of public opinion by the MSM.

Comment

Part of the problem is that those making false accusations face no repercussions. They're allowed to say pretty much whatever they want, and even if their claims are disproved, they're allowed to simply walk away and go on with their lives while the accused -- the real victims, ironically -- have their lives destroyed.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Suicide is heartbreaking, especially for the family survivors. If he really was dealing with PTSD, that might explain the unhinged timbre of his posting. Sexual assault is sad too. If he were innocent, he should have tried to fight it. If he were guilty, he should have dealt honestly with it--there's healing and grace. We'll not know this side of Glory.
              "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
              Hear my cry, hear my shout,
              Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Oh Really? You tool! Pathetic loser.

*sorry apparently someone hacked my Tweb account and posted exactly what I was thinking.
                I believe Anderson Cooper hacked my account.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I don't know much about this guy, or whether he was guilty of the allegations, but his death is tragic.
                  On a scale of 1 to 10 I’d have to rate this tragedy at about 0.0001.

What exactly does God do with pastors who kill themselves?
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

The same thing he does with anyone who dies: judge them for their actions and see if their name is in the Lamb's Book of Life. Try reading the book of Revelation.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment