X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deeper Waters Podcast 12/16/2017: Andy Bannister

How did we get the Qur'an?

The link can be found here.

What's coming up? Let's plunge into the Deeper Waters and find out.

The Qur'an is a book many Christians aren't really familiar with. Muslims and Muslim apologists will often talk about the perfection of the Qur'an. The Bible after all supposedly has so many textual difficulties and which version do you read? Not the case with the Qur'an after all! There's only one Qur'an! There aren't manuscript difficulties with it! This book came from Allah Himself through the angel Gabriel and delivered to Muhammad.

But what if it's not true?

Could it be that there has been study done into the Qur'an and found that these claims are lacking? Could it be that we know more about the formulation of the Qur'an than is realized? Could it be the Qur'an is much more human than realized? While the authors of the Bible having their humanity influence the way it was written has been understood, is it the same with the Qur'an?

To discuss this, I have asked someone to come on who understands the Bible very well. I asked someone who has studied this at the highest level and has written about it to help explain it. He's been on the show before and this time he's on to talk about the Qur'an. His name is Andy Bannister.

So who is he?

AndyBannister2.jpeg

According to his bio:

When not travelling, speaking, or writing, I am*a keen hiker, mountain climber and photographer. I*am married to Astrid and we*have two*children, Caitriona and Christopher.

I hope you'll be interested as we have this hour-long discussion on the nature of the Qur'an. Please be watching your podcast feed for this episode. If you can also, go and leave a positive review of the Deeper Waters Podcast on iTunes. I love to see them!

In Christ,
    Nick Peters