Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Memorial set up for Victim of a crime disrupted by disrespectful leftist activists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an addendum, and I thought it would go without saying, but I don't condone violence. That guys for the guys who throw firecrackers during protests, to pro-lifers bombing clinics or killing abortion doctors, or violent punches. I do believe that's okay to be loud and proud in your protest.

For example if you're someone shouting out hate with a megaphone. Get ready to get bagpiped.

Comment

Come on, this right here is just fun.

A hate preacher getting WHAM'ed by saxofons.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        The modern left's tendency to punish dissent and chase alternate viewpoints away is genuinely concerning to me.
        Debate is much stronger, but a lot of conservative debate isn't rational anymore at any rate. Just look at Trump. There's nothing rational about him in a debate, he's just bloviating. Any fact-checking meter just explodes when he talks. It doesn't matter whether he's right about what he's saying, as long as it feels real to his audience.

In a time of such people we need people of excellent rhetorics. However, and this is a very unfortunate thing. Democrats don't have that skill of rhetoric anymore, which is a loss. Because Milo would be skewered by someone like Hitchens, who also wasn't a factually accurate person, but was great at spearing political ideals on rhetorical sticks.

I'd rather see that at any rate.

However protests are also nice. Ultimately not as useful, but I think liberals have a right to be angry about certain things and to show up carring banners and confronting people like The American Rennaisance who talk endlessly about he purity of the white bloodline, and the need to deportate anyone not explicitly and provenly caucassian (except of course those members with mixed bloodlines as genetic tests end up showing).

Leonhard, based on your reasoning, would you object to the moderators banning Starlight from the forum? He regularly says very offensive things about conservatives and Christians.
        This is a private forum. My reasoning does not apply. The mods can kick out anyone for any reason they see fit. They've chosen, like many good forums, to keep the doors wide open and reserve the boot for extremely rare occasions.

To be clear, I don't think he should be banned. I generally fall on the looser side among the mods, so it's just an example.
        Why Starlight and not demiconservative?

Not that I think either one should be kicked out.

Comment

What is a "hate preacher"?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            as far as I can tell from the thumbnail, someone who quotes Jesus or Paul.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              As an addendum, and I thought it would go without saying, but I don't condone violence. That guys for the guys who throw firecrackers during protests, to pro-lifers bombing clinics or killing abortion doctors, or violent punches. I do believe that's okay to be loud and proud in your protest.

For example if you're someone shouting out hate with a megaphone. Get ready to get bagpiped.

You hate free speech, we get it.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                as far as I can tell from the thumbnail, someone who quotes Jesus or Paul.
                That's what I thought.

So, any Christian. We are the ones made criminals. We are the ones worthy of being shouted down. It doesn't matter if anybody else says hateful things, just drown out the truth of God's word.

I am so tired of this world. I so long for the Lord's return.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Dumb loud guy preaching with a megaphone, super angry, red headed, shouting out anyone not caring to talk to anyone. Usually shows up uninvited to places full of people, and starts bloviating. Blames persecution when he's being dragged away by police for noise pollution.

You don't exactly approve of this kind of evangelism do you?

At any rate, if a church goer who is angry, and apparently interprets this anger as a holy calling decides to go somewhere to shout at people he doesn't like, then he's fair game to be trolled by trombones and bagpipes.

Comment

So, any Christian.
                    Where did I say anything like that?

We are the ones made criminals.
                    Yes, sometimes unfairly so, but not always unfairly so. Lets say you showed up to my door and aggressive rang it and started screaming at me bible verses. Or did it to my neighbour, you bet you I'd have fun with that. Put a boomblaster up to your face blasting out some obscene rap music and turning up as loudly as I could. And then follow you with it as you went door to door.

If you pulled children aside at playgrounds and started doing Way of the Master stuff on them, especially without consulting their parents, I'd do the same, or worse.

As for the rest of the post you don't seem to be talking about anything I've said.
                    Last edited by Leonhard; 12-14-2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Dumb loud guy preaching with a megaphone, super angry, red headed, shouting out anyone not caring to talk to anyone. Usually shows up uninvited to places full of people, and starts bloviating. Blames persecution when he's being dragged away by police for noise pollution.

You don't exactly approve of this kind of evangelism do you?

At any rate, if a church goer who is angry, and apparently interprets this anger as a holy calling decides to go somewhere to shout at people he doesn't like, then he's fair game to be trolled by trombones and bagpipes.
                      So if he was blonde he wouldn't be a "hate preacher" then?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        So if he was blonde he wouldn't be a "hate preacher" then?
                        I think that's a danish expression that doesn't exist in english then, basically someone so angry that their head turns red? Basically the guy in the second video talking about "garbage books" (honestly I can't hear half of what they're saying half the time).

Comment

I think that's a danish expression that doesn't exist in english then, basically someone so angry that their head turns red? Basically the guy in the second video talking about "garbage books" (honestly I can't hear half of what they're saying half the time).
                          English has a term close to that, "hot headed." Though hotheaded is more used to describe someone who is easily made angry, not necessarily someone who is presently angry as redheaded apparently means in Danish.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                            English has a term close to that, "hot headed." Though hotheaded is more used to describe someone who is easily made angry, not necessarily someone who is presently angry as redheaded apparently means in Danish.
                            To be red headed 'rød i hovedet', is basically to be shouting a lot and being very angressive and confrontational.

Comment

To be red headed 'rød i hovedet', is basically to be shouting a lot and being very angressive and confrontational.
                              Kind of like the people in this article?

https://www.infowars.com/antifa-mobs...ce-stand-down/

A mob of self-proclaimed “anti-hate protesters” were filmed violently attacking peaceful anti-Marxist, pro-Trump rally-goers at Berkeley with fists, sticks and urine.

Right-wingers had organized a “No To Marxism in America” rally at the Martin Luther King Civic Center Park for Sunday. Giant hordes of violent antifa showed up and proceeded to beat Trump supporters and anti-Marxists of all backgrounds while police stood down.

Google’s YouTube shamefully took video down of one unarmed man being violently assaulted by the antifa mob and having urine thrown on him.

Or is this your idea of "peaceful protest"............

Comment

Kind of like the people in this article?

I don't trust anything reported by Infowars.

Seriously Infowars, mossrose. That's where you go to read about the Chupacabra, water flouridation and chemtrails as mind control, pizza child sex rings run by democrats, wild orgies inside sarcophagi in satanic rituals among the Bilderbergs and slave camps on Mars.

There was plenty of alt-right violence there. As I said, the nazis and white supremacists showed up looking for a fight. So liberals decided to show up equally armed, and according to the testimony of the reverends of a nearby Church who was preaching against white supremacy saved their life.

During violent confrontations, there will be violence.

It was the alt-righters who killed someone that day, don't forget that.

Comment